Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that pretty much backs up what I was about to say, I always thought it was strange that the 3rd function that ESE and EIE share was the bit that felt most unlike me. Basically everything I read about IEE sounds like me. Not quibbles, no creases. I should imagine many of you may disagree but I think this might be it.

Also, George Orwell is IEE, damn! If only I could say the same about Gamera.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are entertaining IEE as your type, I would highly recommend this:

http://socionist.blogspot.com/2007/0...scription.html
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucy,

Would you indulge me in one of my "tests"?

There is no "correct" answer, just tell me what you think.

Imagine, just imagine, that you were the ruler of a land - as empress, queen, something like it. Imagine further that, despite your best intentions, you failed miserably - so much so that people eventually got sick of you and deposed you.

What is the likeliest reason for you to have failed, do you think? What would you have done wrong in such a situation?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Lucy,

Would you indulge me in one of my "tests"?

There is no "correct" answer, just tell me what you think.

Imagine, just imagine, that you were the ruler of a land - as empress, queen, something like it. Imagine further that, despite your best intentions, you failed miserably - so much so that people eventually got sick of you and deposed you.

What is the likeliest reason for you to have failed, do you think? What would you have done wrong in such a situation?
    May others reply to this, too?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    May others reply to this, too?
    I had a thread on that, but anyway please wait to see how Lucy answers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after a bit of thought I have decided that it would be because of a wrong decision. I would presdsedwe±1Qnted with a decision, an important one, so in my typical fashion I would withdraw and think about it a great deal, I would weigh up the pros, cons, possible repercussions, I would ask the opinions of different people and then based on everything I could gather I would make a decision. Sadly, despite the thought, there is something I have neglected or perhaps not seen and it turns out it was the wrong decision. My people would loose faith in me for causing such havoc and also (because I would be unlikely to really consider the feelings of the people as I would deem it important enough to weigh out other kinds of information) they would think me cruel or cold for not thinking about them and would reject me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I thought you were ESE from your video but this answer points away from ESE. This answer points more towards IEE.

Of course it's possible that this kind of test is simply not a good one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I thought you were ESE from your video but this answer points away from ESE. This answer points more towards IEE.

Yeah! Ezra criticised my judgment but I knew I was correct.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't make sense to me. wouldn't an IEE, who is Ne all over the place impulsive be more afraid that they would jump around their responsibilities from interest to interest and things would not get accomplished? isn't that what they "need" their dual for?

i would think that if one worried about making a "wrong" decision she would be ALL ABOUT making decisions and care SO MUCH about making them, a rational J type...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    that doesn't make sense to me. wouldn't an IEE, who is Ne all over the place impulsive be more afraid that they would jump around their responsibilities from interest to interest and things would not get accomplished? isn't that what they "need" their dual for?

i would think that if one worried about making a "wrong" decision she would be ALL ABOUT making decisions and care SO MUCH about making them, a rational J type...
    For some reason, I thought her answer pointed towards weak Ni, possibly in the super-ego.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, putting my own thoughts in order.

The reason why I said it pointed away from ESE is because, in my own experience, ESEs tend to dislike this kind of test, because it's based on a scenario upon which they have no personal experience to draw upon ie being a monarch etc. Their reaction tends to be of bafflement and dismissal, as if, "how would I know before I've actually been in that kind of situation? That's stupid. " But perhaps this is to rash/harsh, and more valid when asking this question "live", rather than online, when they have more time to think it over. So, I will leave that aside.

It is perhaps more significant that Lucy seemed to have "converted" the monarch-specific scenario to one that could apply to many other situations ie those where she has had personal experience of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Well, after a bit of thought I have decided that it would be because of a wrong decision. I would presdsedwe±1Qnted with a decision, an important one, so in my typical fashion I would withdraw and think about it a great deal, I would weigh up the pros, cons, possible repercussions, I would ask the opinions of different people and then based on everything I could gather I would make a decision. Sadly, despite the thought, there is something I have neglected or perhaps not seen and it turns out it was the wrong decision.
    I think this can be best explained as insecurity with Te, in a way that seems to me more like super-id than role.

My people would loose faith in me for causing such havoc and also (because I would be unlikely to really consider the feelings of the people as I would deem it important enough to weigh out other kinds of information) they would think me cruel or cold for not thinking about them and would reject me.
    Also, that sounds odd for an ESE, although also a bit less so for IEE.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, looking at Lucy's website, and her video, picture, etc, ESE makes much more sense. So maybe I should see it as a reason to ditch that test.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, looking at Lucy's website, and her video, picture, etc, ESE makes much more sense. So maybe I should see it as a reason to ditch that test.
    i thought the website was rather alpha SF-ish, honestly. maybe i'm mixing up IEEs and ESEs myself, but this is mostly the impression i get atm. fwiw, i could see bee or maybe my ISFp sister-in-law writing/creating a similar sort of website.

wrt your test - i agree that the answer she gave could possibly sound IEE, but then perhaps the test is just flawed. i think dbmmama has a good point that it probably points towards rationality somewhat, or could be interpreted as such as well.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically everything I read about IEE seems to fit as apposed to half fit like with ESE and EIE. Also, I think that I'm too unaware of others emotions (occasionally) and also, sometimes too cold or emotionless to be ESE. I also find Fe pretty unlikely, even if initially this is where my video/s may point. Yes, I have that people pleasing streak but I would not choose an avenue purely because my friends etc. may recommend it, I certainly wouldn't abandon something I wanted because people close to me told me to, or because of popular opinion.

Maybe, IEE isn't right, that's where you guys can help me. I would say that an important thing to consider is my calculative and analytical nature, perhaps also my perfectionism and elitism. I have a need for things to be 'right' but only in respect of my actions, if I do something it must be just so. However, I never expect this from other people. Here's hoping this all points you somewhere.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically everything I read about IEE seems to fit as apposed to half fit like with ESE and EIE. Also, I think that I'm too unaware of others emotions (occasionally) and also, sometimes too cold or emotionless to be ESE. I also find Fe pretty unlikely, even if initially this is where my video/s may point. Yes, I have that people pleasing streak but I would not choose an avenue purely because my friends etc. may recommend it, I certainly wouldn't abandon something I wanted because people close to me told me to, or because of popular opinion.

Maybe, IEE isn't right, that's where you guys can help me. I would say that an important thing to consider is my calculative and analytical nature, perhaps also my perfectionism and elitism. I have a need for things to be 'right' but only in respect of my actions, if I do something it must be just so. However, I never expect this from other people. Here's hoping this all points you somewhere.
    you could run with IEE for a while? read a little more? fwiw, i still get more of a Ne/Si vibe (alpha/delta) than Ni/Se (beta/gamma.) what do you mean by a calculative and analytical nature?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything points to ESE IMO, but yeah, it won't hurt to go with IEE for awhile...

ENFp is probably the 2nd best choice. FWIW, before I knew my type for sure, I thought I might be ESFj for awhile... It can be tough to tell the two apart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, well I think I'll run with IEE for a while and see how it all goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12