Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: What Function Is This

  1. #1
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What Function Is This.

    I know I use this a function but what function is it.

    I saw and advertisement "Ergo Consulting - MBTI" at the top of the page
    which made me think of the Matrix, that scene where the architect keeps saying
    Ergo Concordantly Vis-a-vis.

    Which made me think of this parody
    Will Ferrell who plays the architect in this parody.

    Which made me think of Will Ferrells Character in the Wedding Crashes.
    That made me think of that scene the one where he screams of "Mum The Meatloaf"

    Which made me think of my cousin, who I watched this movie with.

    Which makes me think about another friend of mine who lives nearby who is an ESFJ.

    My friend looks like Eddie Murphy

    So That made me think about Donkey off Shrek whom Eddie Murphy did the voice overs for.
    So I started thinking about Shrek The Third.

    I didn't like Shrek the Third, though I really liked Shrek and Shrek 2

    I has been Said that Seqeals are never as good

    So I stared thinking about Sequels which where good all the way through like The Indianna Jones and Back To The Future movies.

    I could go on forever.
    Last edited by confused84; 05-16-2008 at 06:00 PM.

  2. #2
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No question.




    I do these strings of tangents all the freaking time.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  3. #3
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's kind of funny, but I used to think (sort of still do) this was how everyone thought. How would you think if you didn't? It just seems like traveling between all those connections should be natural to me. Maybe other people's trains of thought travel more directly than an Ne's? Hmm...
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  4. #4
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have firefox, so I never see ads.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I have firefox, so I never see ads.
    I want your version of Firefox tell me where to get it.
    Last edited by confused84; 05-17-2008 at 05:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    I want you version of Firefox tell me where to get it.
    I think she means she has an ad blocker - you can get one (if you have Firefox) by going to the Tools drop-down at the top of the screen and then to Add-ons; at the bottom right-hand corner of the resulting pop-up window you can click a link to find many different extensions for the base browser. Adblock Plus is what I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  8. #8
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got that to It can't block banners can it.

  9. #9
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    I got that to It can't block banners can it.
    It blocks banners for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  10. #10
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DEFINITELY !!!!!

    And it's fun so that made me thing of alpha at first sight. Deltas are way too mature for that. And I had never realized Neo never smiles! Wow. It seemed so cool in the movie, but now I did agree with the "Lighten up, dude!" opinion.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    I want your version of Firefox tell me where to get it.
    the current one + the ad block extension
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    DEFINITELY !!!!!

    And it's fun so that made me thing of alpha at first sight. Deltas are way too mature for that. And I had never realized Neo never smiles! Wow. It seemed so cool in the movie, but now I did agree with the "Lighten up, dude!" opinion.
    I don't think it's because Deltas are more mature I think it's because Deltas have no sense of humor.
    Last edited by confused84; 05-18-2008 at 07:00 AM.

  13. #13
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    No question.




    I do these strings of tangents all the freaking time.
    Yeah, at first I thought this, but see the next comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    It's kind of funny, but I used to think (sort of still do) this was how everyone thought. How would you think if you didn't? It just seems like traveling between all those connections should be natural to me. Maybe other people's trains of thought travel more directly than an Ne's? Hmm...
    I used to do this. Now I don't do it so much anymore. So what does that mean? I was Ne and now I'm not? Or I've eased out on the jumping around? Or it manifests itself in different ways? Or it's not Ne at all?

    I partly agree with what you're saying, munenori.

  14. #14
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I used to do this. Now I don't do it so much anymore. So what does that mean? I was Ne and now I'm not? Or I've eased out on the jumping around? Or it manifests itself in different ways? Or it's not Ne at all?

    I partly agree with what you're saying, munenori.

    I understand this case. I think what I was trying to convey is, there's something more... hmm... fundamental (for me at least) as far as my state of mind. I probably could have phrased it a bit better instead of saying "Oh yeah, I do this all the time, therefore it's "

    What I meant to say was, this kind of thinking just feels "on" all the time for me. Like I almost can't help but to think in this manner.

    Yes, I agree that many different types of people can think in this manner, it's just, at least for me, it's a consistent state of mind for me. Like, when I trace through the events of the day or when I'm recalling a story to someone, or when I'm remembering the conversation I had with someone yesterday, and so on onto many other facets of my life.

    And while this stringed tangent is used in the OP as a string of cultural references, the process I use to do these basic everyday functions is much the same.

    I'll start with a point in time or a very small window of time (and the point in time can be arbitrary, but usually I have a good sense where to start), something I can mentally picture in my head (and if I'm communicating with someone I will communicate that image), and then I will describe a point or small window of time directly connected to the first point, and continue thusly until I've worked my way sufficiently through the event.

    That's just how I process things in my mind.

    It's here. ---- Then it's here. ---- Then it's here.


    Then maybe over here. ---- Go off on a little tangent and describe something here.

    It's like this spacial arrangement of points (discrete points) in time that I can easily travel to and from.

    And that's essentially what is being described in the OP. It's a unidirectional movement of very discrete mental images. (But it could just as easily go the other direction, or start with the 4th image and work forward, and so on)

    So, fundamentally, that appears to me.

    Now, as far as other types that have those same kinds of tangents, again, I think it's just more that it's a more basic state of mind for me to think of several other things in my life and mentally picture things in this fashion. Yes, certainly other types can go through tangents of things like in the OP. But is it something that comes as a result ... hmm... naturally? Was it a bit forced (for lack of a better word) and maybe a bit of a new or unusual experience? Feel a bit weird look back and go "Hmm, that was a bit strange"? Or did it feel like second nature to think of things like that?

    For me, this is like second nature to me. It just happens this way.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  15. #15
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    DEFINITELY !!!!!

    And it's fun so that made me thing of alpha at first sight. Deltas are way too mature for that. And I had never realized Neo never smiles! Wow. It seemed so cool in the movie, but now I did agree with the "Lighten up, dude!" opinion.
    No, I can lay claim to doing several of these kinds of thought progressions with regards to music, movies, television, a combination of them... or any kind of mental image that I have really. It is very fun to think of things like this for me.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  16. #16
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    the current one + the ad block extension
    Firefox 3 Beta is out at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I understand this case. I think what I was trying to convey is, there's something more... hmm... fundamental (for me at least) as far as my state of mind. I probably could have phrased it a bit better instead of saying "Oh yeah, I do this all the time, therefore it's "

    What I meant to say was, this kind of thinking just feels "on" all the time for me. Like I almost can't help but to think in this manner.

    Yes, I agree that many different types of people can think in this manner, it's just, at least for me, it's a consistent state of mind for me. Like, when I trace through the events of the day or when I'm recalling a story to someone, or when I'm remembering the conversation I had with someone yesterday, and so on onto many other facets of my life.

    And while this stringed tangent is used in the OP as a string of cultural references, the process I use to do these basic everyday functions is much the same.

    I'll start with a point in time or a very small window of time (and the point in time can be arbitrary, but usually I have a good sense where to start), something I can mentally picture in my head (and if I'm communicating with someone I will communicate that image), and then I will describe a point or small window of time directly connected to the first point, and continue thusly until I've worked my way sufficiently through the event.

    That's just how I process things in my mind.

    It's here. ---- Then it's here. ---- Then it's here.


    Then maybe over here. ---- Go off on a little tangent and describe something here.

    It's like this spacial arrangement of points (discrete points) in time that I can easily travel to and from.

    And that's essentially what is being described in the OP. It's a unidirectional movement of very discrete mental images. (But it could just as easily go the other direction, or start with the 4th image and work forward, and so on)

    So, fundamentally, that appears to me.

    Now, as far as other types that have those same kinds of tangents, again, I think it's just more that it's a more basic state of mind for me to think of several other things in my life and mentally picture things in this fashion. Yes, certainly other types can go through tangents of things like in the OP. But is it something that comes as a result ... hmm... naturally? Was it a bit forced (for lack of a better word) and maybe a bit of a new or unusual experience? Feel a bit weird look back and go "Hmm, that was a bit strange"? Or did it feel like second nature to think of things like that?

    For me, this is like second nature to me. It just happens this way.
    I see. Obviously, we all use all eight functions, but the extent to which you experience that which is related to Ne is far greater than the extent to which I experience it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •