Thread: Attractiveness and duality

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attractiveness and duality

I am wondering if the is a connection.
    I seems that every women I find attract turns out to be my Dual.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far it's been hard for me to be into my duals.

Other types on the other hand...
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure, i dont think there is a strong correlation. Duality is more about mental comfort rather than attraction i think. Quite often i dont notice my duals, or the attraction is there yet its kind of clouded in this feeling of neutralness (i cant really explain it). Its like hmm shes good looking, and i recon i could say hi to her (that kind of thing). Physical and mental attraction builds the longer you are with them though.

I walked past a good looking version of my dual yesterday (at uni). She has been in my classes before. I saw her walking towards me up the hill and i kind of adjusted how i was walking ever so slightly, righted myself and held my head up higher, i looked up and i could tell she noticed, then we both just comfortably walked past each other and smiled, her smile said something to me like um "i dunno boyo" or "yep your looking at me ive noticed" or "im feeling shy and dont know what to do". I didn't really care i just kept walking.

ehh i dunno
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm yeah ISFjs often are hot
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    I think my dual is hot. Usually everyone else does too though, so maybe ESTJ is just a hot type in general? Or else haven't noticed or come across a "not-hot" ESTJ.

I do think other people are attractive though. . .

Maybe you just think everyone who you think is hot is your dual. . . . wishful thinking?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think meatburger's right, it's more about comfort than raw sexual attraction. Maybe semi duals are best of both worlds? Hrm
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's complicated. I think sometimes we're attracted to people who have a certain look about them but it can be for subconscious reasons such as they remind us of our father or someone else we used to know. There can be things we can't quite put our finger on. I'm not sure I always find my dual attractive, physically. But I guess once the psychological interaction begins, the whole-package attractiveness follows. I have one ESTp friend and an ESTp sister-in-law. The friend is male and I don't find him very attractive physically but we get along really well and there's a sense of us both enjoying our interaction.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I think I'm attracted to my semi duals more than any other type.
    My immediate attraction i agree is probablly higher for semi duals. I can see past that though, my semi dual wants Ti from me, and i want Te from them, yet neither of us have it (thats assuming socionics is right). Its certianlly not a be all end all problem but your semi duals friends might not like quite as much. I personally am quite certian that i would be happier with my dual. I can see with two feelers there would be those times i would wish one of us was a thinker, and i think with two thinkers occasionally they would wish for someone ethical to soften the blows. Unforutnately lifes not that kind so if i find a good semi dual i might just go for it.

Maybe Luis is ISFp anyway? Im not saying that because OMG Surely he has to love his dual, i can totally understand. I think hes likely ISTp but im not totally sure
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I'm actually not as confident about my type anymore. I relate to the ILE descriptions more so than IEE. But I relate to IEE people more than ILE people. I just haven't been able to relate to them much at all.

Weird.

But still, it's great that you can tell that you would be happier with your duals. But I honestly don't see how I could be happy with mine. At all.
    I dont see you as IEE though, you are too blunt i think. Its something i quite like about you though. I know of an ENTp and ISFp couple and they get on great. I also have a good ISFp friend and i cant see how you wouldn't be happy with a guy like him. Tall and good looking, hes really great with his child, excellent cook, really relaxed, works hard to support his family, great sense of humour, hes a really good artist. Like he draws comics and they are hillarious. I find ISFp's a little moody sometimes but ENTp's seem to get around that fine. Shit by the way ive talked about him i might marry him LOL
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there's a definite connection (if you mean physical attractiveness) because it seems like if that were the case, dual couples would be all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I'm not always attracted to my dual at first, and I'll avoid the outrageous ones. I doubt they even notice me, as I don't always notice them, but when we interact there is a connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that sexual attraction has little to do with type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best way to explain is they mannerisms make them very attractive and voice.
    Last edited by confused84; 05-17-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hmmm. Most of the ENTjs people have posted pictures of just look geeky, lol (like Bill Gates for example). FDG has posted a couple of good-looking ones, but most haven't been that physically attractive.
    I'm the Bill Gates kind of ENTj I guess.

I do tend to find ISFjs attractive.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on type. I think Ti dominants are quite likely to to be captivated by pure Fe but I doubt IEEs would be utterly charmed by Si dominance, because it barely shows. I find the initial psychological distance of Thinking types intriguing. Fe in men is a turn-off. Weak unvalued Se is also a turn-off. I do tend to find ISTjs attractive, but it's usually not a physical attraction. They're ok-looking, but they still catch my attention because of other traits.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't know well enough, but I'm honestly attracted to people's "presence" and the kind of presence it is. Of course how they look factors in... but I find that how they look tends to change in my mind in time... for instance if I'm extremely attracted to their personality, they'll start looking more physically attractive to me than they did before... especially as the mind starts forming associations between their "presence" or "essence" and their features, their expressions, movements, etc. So their type would probably have a significant effect on the way in which I find them attractive.
    +1.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I think it depends on type. I think Ti dominants are quite likely to to be captivated by pure Fe[...]

I agree, at least this holds very true for me.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think.. attraction to duals is more apparent from afar. Like its a non threatening presence and has time to build, and it's the feeling like "there's something about them" when you see still shots of them (as of a celebrity). I think the attraction is something that you have to notice, bring into your consciousness to appreciate because, yes, irl its easy to look past your dual because of how comfortable, or friction free, they make you feel.

For example, I do find Si and Fe ego types attractive, but tend to be more sexually attracted to INFps, ISTps, and ESTjs i guess, becuase i notice it more. I am attracted to ENFjs but not sexually. I do run by vibes a little more though.. and I have been sexually attracted to ISFps and probably an ESFj too. like i said it's just harder to notice..

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno... I think anyone that values immediately seems highly attractive to me. It's just this... rawr thing about them. I don't know if I am immediately attracted to LSIs or SLEs though. That's never really happened. Sexual attraction ... I tend to actually be attracted to ethical types more on that level, especially those of my own quadra. Beta NFs mmm.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari