0 Thread(s)

caustic, boring, the planned life.

jk.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usually can pick up on gammas because they seem incredibly unhappy.
    asd

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to not regard Socionics during interpersonal contact. It's usually afterward that I reflect on the experience and try to find a type for someone.

As far as visual recognition goes, I don't think there is an across-the-board look that all Gammas share. ISFjs can appear pissed off or serious; ENTjs can seem nervous or twitchy; INTps often look half-baked and defensive at the same time; ESFps seem to look confused a lot and often seem to radiate kinetic energy.

The one exception is when I meet male ENTjs (the only female ENTj I know is Joy). There's something about the chemistry that I notice right away; a quiet, almost gentle kind of atmosphere that takes place wherein both of us seem to automatically dock onto the same wavelength and can talk comfortably about anything. There's sort of a mutually understood sense of, "I effortlessly get along with you, and that doesn't happen too often."

One other thing I notice with Gammas is that the females, for some odd reason, seem more fiery than the males a lot of the time. I don't know how well this holds true, but it's been my experience with people I've identified as Gamma.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    One other thing I notice with Gammas is that the females, for some odd reason, seem more fiery than the males a lot of the time. I don't know how well this holds true, but it's been my experience with people I've identified as Gamma.
    Just out of curiosity, have you known many female Gamma introverts (i.e. ISFjs/INTps)? I agree the extroverts can seem more fiery...actually, now that I think about it, my boss at work is a female LIE and she's got quite a calm demeanour...in the sense that she's not the sort to lose her temper easily. I dunno, maybe it varies. The thing I first thought of that made me post this was that one of my coworkers is a female ILI and she's definitely not fiery...I dunno, the more I think on the subject the more confused I get because I keep thinking of things that contradict what I'm already thinking. meh I dunno...see, I'm just about to end the post when I think about one of my ESFp coworkers whose partner is most probably (based on what little I know of him and what seems likely based on more factors than I can ever remember) ISFj. Anyway, he (the ISFj) is much more fiery than the ESFp. I'm starting to doubt whether or not the fiery personality thing is actually related to type.. I dunno. I'm sorry, my mind is going on overdrive tonight it seems.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have you known many female Gamma introverts (i.e. ISFjs/INTps)? I agree the extroverts can seem more fiery...actually, now that I think about it, my boss at work is a female LIE and she's got quite a calm demeanour...in the sense that she's not the sort to lose her temper easily. I dunno, maybe it varies. The thing I first thought of that made me post this was that one of my coworkers is a female ILI and she's definitely not fiery...I dunno, the more I think on the subject the more confused I get because I keep thinking of things that contradict what I'm already thinking. meh I dunno...see, I'm just about to end the post when I think about one of my ESFp coworkers whose partner is most probably (based on what little I know of him and what seems likely based on more factors than I can ever remember) ISFj. Anyway, he (the ISFj) is much more fiery than the ESFp. I'm starting to doubt whether or not the fiery personality thing is actually related to type.. I dunno. I'm sorry, my mind is going on overdrive tonight it seems.
    It could be a number of things that are making me think this about Gamma women. It could just be dumb luck, or some bias leading to a failure to accurately type. I don't know. I'll assume I'm wrong if many people disagree with me and have conflicting experiences. It has just seemed to me that Gamma women are more likely than the men to be fiery, emotional, and volatile, and the men are more likely to be comparatively laid back.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i flip back and forth between being laid back and fiery...it very much depends on the types i'm around.

in theory i should act like myself at all times, and not care about others. however when there is someone around that is blatantly scoffing at me and giving me a hard time, i just plain don't want to deal with them. first...i'll confront them directly and try to get them to say exactly what it is im doing that is bothering them, if that fails than...depending on the situation...i remove myself or become generally annoyed because i cannot remove myself and just wait it out.

i don't like dealing with other peoples problems.

this is pretty irrelevant but i felt like saying it anyway
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two LIE female anime characters that stand out in my mind are certainly pretty fiery (Lina Inverse and Nami).

Seriously though, I think that LIE females are more fiery (but I'm not talking about being ill-tempered) than LIE males, but I'm not sure about the rest of the quadra. I'm basing this on only a handful of LIE's though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    Don't confuse seriousness for unhappiness.

Like discojoe, socionics doesn't come into play when I'm interacting with an actual person. However, when I'm sitting around not doing anything, I usually like to sit back and observe others interacting with each other and compare my observations with what socionics predicts.

As for being fiery, I'm usually a pretty calm person until I perceive a malicious violation of one of my values with malicious being the keyword here.
    Last edited by MisterNi; 05-15-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: reworded for emphasis

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    I can see how that would often be the case; same as the common impression of being "unfriendly". Perhaps "unhappy" it's more accurate generally as for the impression Gammas often make on other quadras.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I can see how that would often be the case; same as the common impression of being "unfriendly". Perhaps "unhappy" it's more accurate generally as for the impression Gammas often make on other quadras.
    ESIs definitely have a very serious/unhappy look on their faces most of the time, but I love talking to them and making them smile and stuff. I do not judge them based on their facial expressions, but I know others do ... eh. I love ESIs, they're so well put together and when you really do hold a convo, you find out they have a lot going on inside too.

SEEs never look unhappy to me. ???

LIEs I don't know any

ILIs lol, yeah they are definitely the most morose looking of the bunch, but it's hilarious. I knew this ILI guy who honestly looked robotic. He stood in a very strange way, with his arms down by his sides, but his hands were like lifted up, so that the backs were parallel to the ground. Get it? What an odd guy.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI's have a bit of an unhappy-dissatisfied face, especially the females, but usually it's only when they're not talking with you, the expressions changes immediately when they start interacting.

I haven't noticed LIEs, SEEs or ILIs displaying the same type of look, except of course when they're actually feeling like shit.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESI's have a bit of an unhappy-dissatisfied face, especially the females, but usually it's only when they're not talking with you, the expressions changes immediately when they start interacting.
    is this why you're typing me ESI? (;
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    based on VI, i think it's possible -- facial structure, in addtion to expression. and it would resolve [my] observations that you seem pretty competent in Fe but not always demonstrative of it. not placing any bets though.
    out of curiosity, who have you VI'ed as ISFj/who are you using a benchmark? (aside from abramovich's ex-wife?) fwiw i don't think all your observations are that bad and an ISFj typing could probably make sense wrt why i don't see myself with any Ti-EP dual, especially an ENTp.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    is this why you're typing me ESI? (;
    I didn't say they have a beautiful smile when you start conversating

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen Noor and Diane Sawyer are probably safe bets.
    I agree with that.

i had them typed as rational subtypes (although i'm not entirely sure because as i've mentioned - i have little experience with Fi-base IRL.) neighboring INFj-Fi example could be Maria Shriver (Schwarzenegger's wife.)
    I have no idea about her.

Anyway I'm skeptical about using fixed facial features to type people. FWIW, I must say that at least two other ISFjs I knew well enough IRL have the same kind of facial structure as Diane Sawyer; on the other hand, I also know at least two other ISFjs (which might be sensory subtype, FWIW) who have a round facial structure. And then we have Diana, who has a different look altogether.

My point is that, at least to me, if I were to take the evidence at face value, I'd be seeing at least 4 different "kinds" of female ISFj faces, and that begins to dilute the value of such correlations.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a difficult part of fixed-feature VI would be knowing which fixed-features are relevant, as i think it's pretty clear a number of features are explained by other things than type. ethnicity of course. also a number of features (attached earlobes for a quick example) have very few genetic controls, so given two parents with and/or (depends on which feature) without them -- their presence or absence in the children is almost an inevitability. far more heritable than type seems to be and so their relationship with type is unlikely a direct one.

but something i've been doing recently is taking closer notice of the "looks" of people i know to be similar ethnicity, particularly where I spent the most time growing up (and I'm privy to a lot of information about this) I've been doing this, whenever I visit there. although maybe i'm just being fooled by what are similar facial mannerisms, i think i'm starting to notice some fixed similarities across type. these could just be localized however -- the fixed features could vary by ethnicity and so what i notice at home could be of little use to online posters thousands of miles away, or even just a few cities away.
    So, why when you say those things nobody thinks you're crazy, whereas when I say them I have Joy ammassing people against me?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more fine print? (although too many qualifications on the other hand indeed dilute the point..)
    you took the words out of my mouth. you seem to post disclaimers on mostly all of your posts. beating me to the punch yet again you typed cecilia sarkozy as ISFj-mixed, the "logical-looking" ISFj. hah.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei