Thread: emotional intelligence

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default emotional intelligence

Out of ESFj and ENFj, which has the greatest level of emotional intelligence?

[Emotional intelligence is concerned with an ability, capacity, or skill to perceive, assess, and manage the emotions of one's self, of others, and of groups.]

Creepy-pokeball

Ive seen immature of both. Mature ENFj's seem to be more reserved tho although I guess I could say the same of some ESFjs. Come to think of it, this is more of a gender, age and social issue combined. btw have you seen that emotional IQ test? It's a piece of crap. That would be beyond measurable anyhow. Sooooo subjective + cultural on what is emotional IQ.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'd say that's MUCH more individual that just type. It's about self-acceptence. There are well and unwell people of every type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...this is more of a gender, age and social issue combined."

I agree. I don't think socionics can answer the question that Hugo poses.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think emotional intelligence has do with .

Therefore, Socionics is relevant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intelligence != maturity.

thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose that Fe might correlate to interpersonal intelligence but I don't see how Si or Ni relate to interpersonal or intrapersonal intelligence and so I would disagree that socionics is relevant.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Intelligence" and "emotional intelligence" are not the same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    I think emotional intelligence has do with .

Therefore, Socionics is relevant.
    Maybe I'm biased, but E.I. is related to IMO. I don't see as understaning people that much. No directly, anyway.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, this is how I understand it: the two components of "emotional intelligence," above defined by Hugo, are interpersonal intelligence and intrapersonal intelligence. Interpersonal intelligence could relate to Fe while intrapersonal intelligence might relate to Fi.

Creepy-pokeball

In that sense, they both are related--just differently.

So hmm... could one measure this EI based on the level of maturation of Fi or Fe within a persons's 4 face functions? And inversely of their shadow functions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

emotional intelligence != emotional maturity

I meant what I said.

(If you'd like to stretch things, then I'd say that one could use their emotional intelligence as a tool to create opportunities to increase emotional maturity. I could also say that one could use their level of emotional maturity as a means to improve their emotional intelligence. The two are not synonymous, therefore.. just as with intelligence and maturity.)
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"So hmm... could one measure this EI based on the level of maturation of Fi or Fe within a persons's 4 face functions? And inversely of their shadow functions?"

Probably not. Regardless of how developed Fi or Fe are functionally, environmental pressures might cause a person to display the use of a function that is not naturally one of their strong functions, such as the super-ego functions, in order to maintain a positive self-image and thus they would repress their natural inclinations toward displaying Fi or Fe. I don't think it is unwise to assume that there would be some correlation between Feeling as defined by socionics and emotional intelligence, but I also don't know if the correlation is great enough to be directly measurable.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour

I meant what I said.

(If you'd like to stretch things, then I'd say that one could use their emotional intelligence as a tool to create opportunities to increase emotional maturity. I could also say that one could use their level of emotional maturity as a means to improve their emotional intelligence. The two are not synonymous, therefore.. just as with intelligence and maturity.)

Then what is emotional intelligence? If we argue the meaning of it then this could become an infinite loop.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    "So hmm... could one measure this EI based on the level of maturation of Fi or Fe within a persons's 4 face functions? And inversely of their shadow functions?"

Probably not. Regardless of how developed Fi or Fe are functionally, environmental pressures might cause a person to display the use of a function that is not naturally one of their strong functions, such as the super-ego functions, in order to maintain a positive self-image and thus they would repress their natural inclinations toward displaying Fi or Fe. I don't think it is unwise to assume that there would be some correlation between Feeling as defined by socionics and emotional intelligence, but I also don't know if the correlation is great enough to be directly measurable.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour

I meant what I said.

Then what is emotional intelligence? If we argue the meaning of it then this could become an infinite loop.
    ESFp's, emotionally mature or not, are usually emotionally intelligent.. for example. I'm not nitpicking, and I won't beat the horse. Just thought I'd point out an important difference.
    thing.

Creepy-pokeball

So what is emotionally intelligent then? Is there a way to define it, is what I am asking, as to avoid mixing the differentiation.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotional Intelligence:

Fi: being able to read people, being able to tell how they ,feel and empathizing with them.

Fe: Being able to tell how other people will react to certain stimuli; social skills; calibrating your own emotions to produce optimal response.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to wikipedia, emotional intelligence includes

1. The capacity to accurately perceive emotions
    2. The capacity to use emotions to facilitate thinking
    3. The capacity to understand emotional meanings
    4. The capacity to manage emotions

I, however, would say it's more the ability to handle emotions in a healthy manner.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The capacity to accurately perceive emotions - Fi
    2. The capacity to use emotions to facilitate thinking - Fe
    3. The capacity to understand emotional meanings - Fi
    4. The capacity to manage emotions - Fe
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

I have all of those. btw NF's are a whole, in general, are empathetic.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    1. The capacity to accurately perceive emotions - Fi
    2. The capacity to use emotions to facilitate thinking - Fe
    3. The capacity to understand emotional meanings - Fi
    4. The capacity to manage emotions - Fe
    I tend to agree with Hugo, based on my experience with EXFjs and IXFjs.

ESFjs and ENFjs are better at accurately reading what others are feeling, at the same time passing judgement on that ("didn't you see that that guy doesn't like you, he's a tosser", my ESFj gf used to say) - with as Personal Knowledge?

ISFjs and INFjs are more likely to "feel" what others "should" be feeling in a particular situation according to their own emotions and ethical principles but pretty much convinced that they are reading what others are really feeling - as Personal Knowledge.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    ISFjs and INFjs are more likely to "feel" what others "should" be feeling in a particular situation according to their own emotions and ethical principles but pretty much convinced that they are reading what others are really feeling - as Personal Knowledge.
    I can relate to that, in a way. I think it might explain part of the reason why I get hurt when people say mean/rude/aggressive/hurtful/angry/.../... things (to me, or to anyone else) because I know that if I said something like that, I'd have to be very angry or dislike the person very much.