Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you friends with any Deltas in real life?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are you friends with any Deltas in real life?

you probably already had this discussion, but IRL do any of you have a full quadra of people important to you?

I don't think i know an ESTj. Activity. Its supposed to be fun
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my best friend is my activity partner (IEE), and yeah, it's fun. Among other things. I wouldn't trade her for the world though.

I know a fair few deltas now. They are definitely the easiest people to be around. I mean, I have really great friends in other quadras, but there's always this need to work a little harder with them whereas things just fall into place and are far more instinctual with other deltas.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know several deltas, but they're not people I can be friends with in the hang-out sense. They're much older and have kids... My best friend is EII, and I know an SLI, but they're in different groups. I seem to know more gammas and betas than anything...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, outside of family, I know an ISTp and and ENFp, and they're my two best friends. I also know an ESTj and we have a blast whenever we hang out.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is ENFp and we get along well. Especially recently we've been discovering how similar we really are, even though we're, obviously, different in some ways.

I think a good portion of my family, immediate and extended, is Delta, too.

I have at least two ENFp guy friends, who I love to death. They always make me happy to be around them. And there are a few other people I know who I also suspect to be Deltas.

I'm not sure if I've had a full quadra interaction. Thinking back to a couple of times, I think so. But I'm not sure.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    Well, my best friend is my activity partner (IEE), and yeah, it's fun. Among other things. I wouldn't trade her for the world though.
    i'm thinking i need to find myself an ESTj

it seems everyone has a fair few deltas except for tiny dancer but that seems to be an age thing. I used to think that the relations in socionics (two days ago i'm new to all this) were sort of iffy. But figuring out the type of ppl important to me i find that a lot of them are deltas
    And it is true. on the surface they are all completely different from me but still they are the easiest to hang with. And value wise there seem to be a lot in common too
    Delta FTW
    n00bIEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my family is alpha/beta.

I've had LSE-LSE-EII, that's about as close to full quadra interaction that I've gotten. I've had that on multiple accounts, actually.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    Oh LokiV, that's awful!!

I have a lot of other-quadra friends and I get along with a lot of them very well, but Deltas as just so stress-free and joy-making. Like, um, brownies.
    heh, I don't know, I don't know if I'd even hang out much with deltas, sometimes I can be too hermit like.

So they're supposed to be stress free and joy making huh??? Even INFj's???
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    heh, I don't know, I don't know if I'd even hang out much with deltas, sometimes I can be too hermit like.

I better clarify that: INTERACTIONS with deltas are stress free and joy-making, but detlas aren't necessarily so. I am always stressed out - my stress, overcommitted-ness and hyper-activity (rather than hyperactiveness) is actually a source of amusement to SLIs I know. INFjs actually seem very serene to me. I think they might help hold me steady.

It's just so easy to be misinterpreted by people of other quardras. I have a lot of Beta friends and I get along well with most of them (bar the ISTj, who is always levelling a doubting, piercing look at me), but there is always the thought at the back of my mind that I can't really relax and be me, in case they misinterpret the tenor of something I said. I have great ENFj friends and we have completely different ways of approaching issues in that we see different things as problematic.

And it's OK if you're a hermit - I find delta really easy to be quiet around. And Fi means (for me) that often, disappearing for weeks or months hasn't harmed our friendship or in fact, even changed it much.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends on what you consider joy-making and stress free. I could, theoretically, be quite the wet-blanket, dousing your enthusiasm, smothering your impulses, and holding you back from freedom to enjoy life as you please.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I can be quite the terrible person in that respect, to some types of people. Others don't seem to mind my quiet ways.

...I'm a hermit, too. Or close to it. I don't have a mountain hut. Or a scraggly beard.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    That depends on what you consider joy-making and stress free. I could, theoretically, be quite the wet-blanket, dousing your enthusiasm, smothering your impulses, and holding you back from freedom to enjoy life as you please.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I can be quite the terrible person in that respect, to some types of people. Others don't seem to mind my quiet ways.

...I'm a hermit, too. Or close to it. I don't have a mountain hut. Or a scraggly beard.
    Heh but see, even when you can be like that with me, I never see it as unreasonable. I can kinda always see it from your point of view, and even if it doesn't make me change my mind I always enjoy your input. So, no, you're never a wet blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    I better clarify that: INTERACTIONS with deltas are stress free and joy-making, but detlas aren't necessarily so. I am always stressed out - my stress, overcommitted-ness and hyper-activity (rather than hyperactiveness) is actually a source of amusement to SLIs I know. INFjs actually seem very serene to me. I think they might help hold me steady.

It's just so easy to be misinterpreted by people of other quardras. I have a lot of Beta friends and I get along well with most of them (bar the ISTj, who is always levelling a doubting, piercing look at me), but there is always the thought at the back of my mind that I can't really relax and be me, in case they misinterpret the tenor of something I said. I have great ENFj friends and we have completely different ways of approaching issues in that we see different things as problematic.

And it's OK if you're a hermit - I find delta really easy to be quiet around. And Fi means (for me) that often, disappearing for weeks or months hasn't harmed our friendship or in fact, even changed it much.
    Yeah, I always feel really uneasy (and eventually really tired) around people who can't seem to have 10 seconds of silence go by. But thanks for the clarification, you're right, interactions with deltas to me are almost always stress-free.

I'm glad going weeks without seeing ya doesn't change much, I'd feel the same way. Some people act like they don't even know you anymore if they've gone 6 months without seeing you.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i do have the full Quadra.

INFj: My good friend is INFj - my mates girlfriend is infj too
    ENFp: I know about 1 billion enfp girls. One ENFp guy who is not a good friend but we get on great
    ISTp: Good friend is ISTp
    ESTj: Very very good friend is ESTj

I has happened before but they dont typically all hang around together at once though. I love my deltas but i also enjoy making relationships with other quadras. Its slightly harder but thats where the fun comes in.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, wait, I misunderstood things. I thought this was about having the whole quadra together, in close physical proximity, heh.

There are a few EIIs I've been close to
    I have an ISTp in my immediate family
    I know a few LSEs, but I'm not super close to any of them
    And IEE, hmm. No one super close, but a few beyond-acquaintances.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One..billion..?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One..billion..?
    Ok i might have been exagurating. I know about one thousand. I like ENFp girls actually, they are really kind.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to hang out w/ 2 INFjs a lot, one guy, one girl. I find INFjs are just super easy to be around.

I also had a good ESTj friend before I moved. We didn't talk about personal stuff all that often, but she was tons of fun. I think we both appreciated the fun-ness of eachother and tended to gravitate towards eachother at parties and what not.

I now have an ESTj friend who is probably the Te subtype (he's more serious and less fun-loving most of the time, or at least, less frivolous/silly). But he'll like, state something that's a bit emotional/silly in a very deadpan way, and it cracks me up.

I think I have an ENFj guy friend, but it's hard to tell. At times he seems ESFj.

I've dated quite a few ENFp guys, but we tend to get bored of eachother or have huge drama issues. I haven't known hardly any ENFp girls. Not sure why. or if i did know them, I didn't realize their type.

Somehow, I know no ISTps though...must remedy this
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of acquaintances I've had, not necessarily friends:

INFjs: at least 1
    ENFps: at least 3
    ISTps: more than 7
    ESTjs: at least 5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my typing is accurate (and there's a fair chance that its not):

ESTj - the friend I have known for the longest period of time

ENFp - probably the person I'd call my best friend (though I don't like to use that term)

ISTp - another good friend, best friends with the ESTj and boyfriend of the ENFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Yeah i do have the full Quadra.

INFj: My good friend is INFj - my mates girlfriend is infj too
    ENFp: I know about 1 billion enfp girls. One ENFp guy who is not a good friend but we get on great
    ISTp: Good friend is ISTp
    ESTj: Very very good friend is ESTj
    you should get a price but i don't think there is any
    n00bIEE

Creepy-Cyclops

Somewhat non-coincidentally, my good friends are delta. It took me a while to type them and understand the significance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't have any deltas in my life.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    But you have Allie.
    She's Alpha =p

And a crappy one at that.

- Voltaire

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my bestest friends (and also the friend I have known the longest) is INFj.
    My two favorite co-workers are ISTp and ENFp and they are good friends with each other, as well.
    The ISTp has an ESTj best friend, who I also know pretty well.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, I really only know one other Delta IRL, an ESTj who works where I work. And I'm actually not so sure about that.

Then again, I don't really know that many people outside of work that I see on any consistent basis.

So outside of work, none.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know an IEE coworker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this reminds me, I did have a good INFj and ESTj friend where I used to live (though I didn't realize their types at the time). When I visited recently all 3 of us hung out and it was sooo chill. Like, no need to "make" conversation, things just flow in the quadra. Of course, we still lack an ISTp (as usual).

LVG, yeah I think there is a lack-of-dual disease! lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    this reminds me, I did have a good INFj and ESTj friend where I used to live (though I didn't realize their types at the time). When I visited recently all 3 of us hung out and it was sooo chill. Like, no need to "make" conversation, things just flow in the quadra. Of course, we still lack an ISTp (as usual).

LVG, yeah I think there is a lack-of-dual disease! lol.
    I've met 2 ESTjs and 2 INFjs in my life, although i don't know where theyre off to now.

Yeah, seriously, what's up with us deltas. At least, what's up with my type?!

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post

Fuck you, Luis
    aww, don't worry, you're still my #3.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't have any deltas in my life.
    me?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww, don't worry, you're still my #3.
    hahahaha
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post

Fuck you, Christy
    ok
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    me?
    heeh, well, almost. Remember i'm an ST, no one is real to me unless I see em.

And I'm your delta friend too, Allie.

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is only one delta friend at the moment and he's SLI.

I know many other deltas but it's somewhat superficial. My closest friends at the moment are SEI and ILE.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What I like about other Deltas...

So I've made more Delta friends (finally) and I wish I'd done this a long time ago. I'm curious to hear about others experiences w/ Deltas in real life, because up until this point I'd mostly just read about these relationships. It's very different in real life I think. Not always like the descriptions. What's your experience been?

ISTP -- So it's taken me some time to talk to the SLI more, and I must say it's not the fastest or easiest relationship to start. But it is very low conflict. I don't really know what to expect from her, and she often says or does something that surprises me, but not in a bad way. She is very take charge (without being loud) and will one minute be quietly calmly standing there, and the next she just suddenly leaves or does or says something out of the blue. Like "I'm going to go get a tattoo now. see you guys later." Though I can see how this behavior in a guy dual would be sexy. She also gives very short and blunt advice, yet I've found myself following her advice more than others. She's very perceptive about people, which surprised me as she doesn't seem to be a "people" person, but she very easily tells who is sad, upset, worried, etc. Sometimes the conversation flows and sometimes it doesn't. It's not exactly awkward, but more that the closeness comes and goes. not a good or a bad thing really. Also, I've noticed she's friends with a lot of ESFJs and ENFJs don't seem to bother her as much as they bother me. ISTJs seem to bother her more than they bother me (I sorta think w/ conflict you at least know what to expect, which makes it less stressful)

ENFP -- my ENFP friend (who I think is also Fi) is great. Sometimes I feel like we are clones. We seem to smile the same way in pictures and everything i've told her about socionics she instantly gets without much explanation. It's sort of like talking to yourself, except yourself talks back. Very easy, no conflict, easy to resolve problems. good stuff. also no awkardness at all. I had only dated ENFP guys in the past and never had a female friend of the same type, but I really recommend it. It's nice at parties and things too because we take the same approach to the situation. We also like and dislike the exact same people, which is sort of nice.

ESTJ -- They usually are really warm and chatty and easy to talk to. I can usually just sit there and listen for quite a while. No awkardness w/ them at all and I like how willing they are to lend a hand to make something go along smoother. At a bridal shower, I noticed my ESTJ friend was the one who jumped at the chance to keep a list of what gifts my friend was getting, and she also handled keeping the wrapping paper shreds under control (that task would be last on my list!) At the same time, she was very enthusiastic about each gift. We do seem to get excited about what we are talking about (and get louder and louder) so eventually it is not a super calm relationship. But it is fine in a group. We can talk for a long time, but eventually I kinda want someone more introverted to give their opinion too. The really quiet ones tend to interest me a lot, because they almost seem like ISTPs when they are quiet. They still have a lot of Si and Te and I find that really calming. I usually hate watching TV because I get anxious just sitting there, but I remember even watching sports (which I hate) w/ ESTJs and it was fun to just sit there and see their reactions (which are quite intense).

INFJ -- I like their Fi. It seems like all they really need from me is to ask how they are doing, because I like hearing what their experiences have been. So it's usually a long conversation about how various events unfolded and what their reactions to the events were (which are always pretty deep emotions). It's reassuring to me that people still have deep emotions! They also have that calm stability thing, though I've noticed they can be messy and seem more spontaneous than other Js, which makes me feel more comfortable, as it reminds me of my own messiness.

what experiences have you guys had in real life?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had much contact with people of the Delta quadra. I do agree with you on what you said about ESTJ's. I really enjoy their company. They've always been very warm and accepting towards me and I feel very comfortable in their presence. The only negative thing I experienced with them is that they can argue over anything...anything and it can get a bit exhausting...I don't want anything to do with that sort of thing.

With ISTP's, it's just a very easy, pleasant, peaceful and non-judgemental sort of atmosphere. It's nice. A bit hard to progress things, but nice.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I like about other Deltas...
    I like jessica129 about ISTPs.
    I like anndelise about ENFPs.
    I like munenori2 about INFJs.
    I like aut0 about ESTJs.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of my best friends are delta

ISTp - very comfortable. The friendship just seem to have happened instantly. In all relationships I just started talking to "a quiet friendly person" who seemed to appreciate my company and who to me seemed very real. I had the feeling that this person got me and I likewise got him/her
    Very easy actually. Not at all as described on several sites. A common denominator is the calm feeling I only get with Si persons. i can't imagine ever getting into a fight with my ISTp friends. My brother is a different case though. We bug each other all the time
    It took me some time to type these persons even though I have known many of them for eve. I think the reason is that ISTps tend to be very stereotypically described

ENFP - again very easily started relationship. Instant feeling of kinship. Differs highly from ISTp friendship. Both parties tend to stimulate the other persons Ne. So VERY hyper- And very fun

INFj - a mature version of me. The first person I ever felt kinship with

ESTj - The terminator. Apart from that I don't think I have ever met an ESTj
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still havent met any people in my quadra. Deltas are jus rare around here

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still havent met any people in my quadra. Deltas are jus rare around here
    Same. I haven't met many either. I wonder if we're overlooking them. I hate to say this, really, but the only people I ever tend to take notice of are Betas...it almost seems like the other quadras don't exist for some reason. I don't know why this is. Maybe the extreme differences are what draws my attention and the familiarity of Delta seems too....safe and "normal" for me to take notice. Dunno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's because I have known deltas all my life (dad and big brother) but through out my life it seems that I have always had a nack of seeking out delta ppl automatically... i dunno

but trust me. After a full loooooong and correct evening, jam-packed with gammas you will remember why you need other deltas. Seriously. Believe me
    n00bIEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast