Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Description of Se and scenes from Memento

I was thinking of two scenes from Memento

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2FdPYc2efxw&feature=related

and

(this would be a short section starting at 1:00)

What do you guys think--is Leonard describing Se here?
    ILI

¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
    ¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión;
    una sombra, una ficción
    y el mayor bien es pequeño.
    ¡Que toda la vida es sueño
    y los sueños, sueños son!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is Se, yes. There's another scene in The Borne Identity much like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?
    (The bold is a great representation of Se.)

Some would call this Te, but Expat and I were discussing it last year, and thought it was more Se. It's objective information about one's environment, which is exactly what "external statics of objects" means. Te in socionics refers to people's actions, which is why it's "external dynamics of objects"; it's what people (the objects) are doing (the dynamics) externally. Se is what people (the objects) are (the statics); that is, their physical external characteristics.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a description of :

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a description of France:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    This is a description of France:

Actually, I agree with you.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Actually, I agree with you.
    Then you are cooler than you would be if you didn't agree.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you are cooler than you would be if you didn't agree.
    I didn't agree in order to please your inflated ego. I agreed because France is currently a fucked up country (in social and economic terms).

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't agree in order to please your inflated ego. I agreed because France is currently a fucked up country (in social and economic terms).
    Sure you did. After all, I'm an American and you're a Frenchman. That means you're my bitch.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure you did. After all, I'm an American and you're a Frenchman. That means you're my bitch.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's cool. I hate Americans. They're all a whole bunch of pushy rednecks like you who're obsessed with social success.

You know, obsession for social success is sick, because the "game" of social status is a zero-sum game. All Americans are frustrated because they think they have to win that zero-sum game in order to be a good "American".

aaaaaaaaaaaargh !!! I hate Americans !!!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's cool. I hate Americans. They're all a whole bunch of pushy rednecks like you who're obsessed with social success.

You know, obsession for social success is sick, because the "game" of social status is a zero-sum game. All Americans are frustrated because they think they have to win that zero-sum game in order to be a good "American".

Wow, what the hell are you talking about?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, what the hell are you talking about?
    I told you that Americans are pushy rednecks. You know, the USA aren't a real country anyway.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told you that Americans are pushy rednecks.
    Yes, but you also said a bunch of silly, nebulous crap about social success/status that had me perplexed.

You know, the USA aren't a real country anyway.
    Haha, France is militarily insignificant and economically archaic compared to a fake country.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yeah. it's because the US is gamma.
    Yeah, because Gamma values Fe...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I'll ignore what you're implying about Fe, but I read what machintruc said as americans caring about society's success, which is a major theme with gamma.
    ok

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume you're talking about American citizens & not the American government. If I am correct, thats only completely true for the older generation, and to some extent (... ) the middle generation... the younger generation is going haywire (for american terms) in the opposite direction.. they seem to care nothing about financial success.. most of my friends care more about drugs then anything else. College is seen as an opportunity to get shitfaced for a couple of years. Talking about the generation X thing- as with anything, once it is put into the hands of the general public it is turned into something stupid. From my perspective what is happening is you have a bunch of kids who've grown up in this incredibly materialistic society... now they've all become adults and they've realized they have no connection with what their parents have provided for them.. it is not what they long for, or what they care about. I would even say they long for the opposite. but you'd have to live here to understand these things. It is a fair prediction America is going to change alot over the next 30 years ...

But even beyond that- your position seems hypocritical if you shift perspectives. Don't you know everything is relative? I wonder what an African would have to say about you on this. I'm sure you would seem like a spoiled piss to them ...

How much more materialistic are you then a monkey?

...you're such a smug prick.

To the other guy:
    It is true Gamma is often called the master of financial success. This is however a limited way of understanding society. When it comes to obsessing about financial success, ESFj/ISFp are also often among the main offenders. They're seemingly obsessed with satisfying their superegos... For INTp/ENTj it is a passive and natural achievement to be successful.
    From my observations, for types like ISTp & ESTj, success is defined in a more material way.
    They're the types who will own all kinds of high tech shit, and care about their shit more than the people in their life.
    ENFj is often the type who will cheat their way into success
    ... the issue is alot more complex then "America = Gamma"
    It seems to me there are different points of view for looking at America as a society... (hence the term socionics), and that every type can be, generally, thought of in "American terms"

...so stop voicing opinions which are fucking stupid, k?
    Last edited by crazedrat; 05-11-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredible! Not even 3 on-topic posts before discojoe hijacked the thread. Impressive.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drommel View Post
    Incredible! Not even 3 on-topic posts before discojoe hijacked the thread. Impressive.
    Who are you?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who indeed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just remember where the USA came from.

RUUUUULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULE THE WAVES, BRITAIN NEVER NEVER NEVER SHALL BE SLAVES

Just remember machinetruck, we shat all over you in 1812.

It's fucked up because you exist.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but you also said a bunch of silly, nebulous crap about social success/status that had me perplexed.

Haha, France is militarily insignificant and economically archaic compared to a fake country.
    You know, french people aren't obsessed with military confrontation unlike you. We aren't at war currently, even if your S-D+ like fantasies tells you the opposite, you Nazi redneck

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, french people aren't obsessed with military confrontation unlike you. We aren't at war currently, even if your S-D+ like fantasies tells you the opposite, you Nazi redneck
    Lol, a French person trying to say he's not a pussy wimp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like whores talking gossip in a whore house about who the biggest whore in the house is. The africans are standing outside thinking "you're all whores" .. the successful whore is looking at the other whores and thinking "You're a whore too you know" . The fat old whores who no ones wants to fuck are looking at the successful whore with bitterness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a description of :

ADHD is not related to Se. (It could look like a negative stereotype of Se dominance though.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    ADHD is not related to Se. (It could look like a negative stereotype of Se dominance though.)
    If anything, I would say it is probably closer to in pursuit of .
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kindly inform Major Heyward that he has little to fear from this General Marquis de Montcalm in the first place; and scant need of a colonial militia in the second because the French haven't the nature for war. Their Gallic laziness combines with their Latinate voluptuousness with the result that they would rather eat and make love with their faces than fight.

Yeahhhhh, General Webb knows what he's talking about. Bitch.

ADHD is not related to Se.
    No shit! It's not even a stereotype. It's simply the case that machintruc understands nothing about real life, because he's hopelessly stuck in his little LII world of wonder and despair coexisting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Kindly inform Major Heyward that he has little to fear from this General Marquis de Montcalm in the first place; and scant need of a colonial militia in the second because the French haven't the nature for war. Their Gallic laziness combines with their Latinate voluptuousness with the result that they would rather eat and make love with their faces than fight.

Yeahhhhh, General Webb knows what he's talking about. Bitch.

No shit! It's not even a stereotype. It's simply the case that machintruc understands nothing about real life, because he's hopelessly stuck in his little LII world of wonder and despair coexisting.
    OK. It's not really a stereotype of , but of SEE. You know, SEE = ADHD.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    If anything, I would say it is probably closer to in pursuit of .
    I was actually sort of thinking that, but I didn't want to get into it.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really understand what is wrong with you....i've been trying to figure it out...well not completely actively but ever so often i'll actually force myself to read something you've written (with the knowledge it will probably annoy the shit out of me) and...well like i said...i don't understand what is wrong with you. i don't even think it can be explained by socionics...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    i don't really understand what is wrong with you....i've been trying to figure it out...well not completely actively but ever so often i'll actually force myself to read something you've written (with the knowledge it will probably annoy the shit out of me) and...well like i said...i don't understand what is wrong with you. i don't even think it can be explained by socionics...
    Have you read my offensive description of SEE ? You know, all SEE's are like this :

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18103

(as described here)
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuckshit. Again : what the fuck does it have to do with my hostility towards ?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hostility
    I was making a reference to this, as well as your related posts (which is pretty much all of them).
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was making a reference to this, as well as your related posts (which is pretty much all of them).
    This avatar isn't very good, maybe I'll change it, because us Alphas are everything but hate.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This avatar isn't very good, maybe I'll change it, because us Alphas are everything but hate.
    What about the related posts (which is pretty much all of them)?
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK.
    I supervised yo' ass, bitch.

That's an inbred, not an SEE.