Thread: Does this guy sound LII?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this guy sound LII?

Well, there's this guy at church, and he's known as a troublemaker - because he questions the church's beliefs and challenges others to question them also. He's not obnoxious or aggressive about it though - he just hates the idea of accepting beliefs in a sheeplike fashion for the sake of the peace. I don't think he's a troublemaker myself. I think it makes perfect sense to question things, but anyway.... I'm not completely sure he's LII though, so I wanted to run a few of his traits by you.... He encourages emotional expressiveness, and he's pretty unselfconscious himself. Though this is one-on-one/ small group interaction - I don't think he'd ever hold the fort in a large group. His gaze is very intense when you talk to him. It's a bit unnerving at times, likes he's reading your thoughts or something. If you say you believe something, he's going to ask you why - he won't accept unqualified arguments. If you're having a theoretical discussion with him, he could go on forever - seriously - he completely loses track of the time. Or maybe he doesn't - but it doesn't seem to bother him either way. He dislikes arrogance and especially closemindedness. He's hospitable, but I don't think caregiving is his forte because he can go overboard in an attempt to make sure everyone's taken care of - he gets a little extravagant.

Um - yeah, so LII?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-

That doesn't sound LII to me; more ILI, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Well, there's this guy at church, and he's known as a troublemaker - because he questions the church's beliefs and challenges others to question them also. He's not obnoxious or aggressive about it though - he just hates the idea of accepting beliefs in a sheeplike fashion for the sake of the peace.
    I think an LII would be less likely to challenge others' beliefs the way it's described here... he might (probably would) have questions/doubts to voice, but not in a group setting and not as vigorously. The LII’s I know would ask a question/make a criticism, guage the response, and then keep it to themselves to discuss later with people they're closer to if it seemed likely to ruffle feathers.

He dislikes arrogance and especially closemindedness.
    Very LII (except when it comes to their own beliefs )

He's hospitable, but I don't think caregiving is his forte because he can go overboard in an attempt to make sure everyone's taken care of - he gets a little extravagant.
    Not LII, in my experience. Hospitable, yes, but not likely to go overboard with caregiving efforts.

The intense, reading-your-thoughts gaze is something I’ve noticed with ILIs more than LIIs, although I’ve seen them give the same look when trying to intimidate whomever they’re talking with.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I think an LII would be less likely to challenge others' beliefs the way it's described here... he might (probably would) have questions/doubts to voice, but not in a group setting and not as vigorously. The LII’s I know would ask a question/make a criticism, guage the response, and then keep it to themselves to discuss later with people they're closer to if it seemed likely to ruffle feathers.
    Ok, but actually what you've described your friend as doing is pretty much what he does. The people that label him as a "troublemaker" are extremely conservative. He challenges people in one-on-one discussions, and dismisses people as 'closeminded' who take offence to his arguments. In his head, not publically. :-)

Not LII, in my experience. Hospitable, yes, but not likely to go overboard with caregiving efforts.
    Do you think ILIs would be likely to go overboard?
    The intense, reading-your-thoughts gaze is something I’ve noticed with ILIs more than LIIs, although I’ve seen them give the same look when trying to intimidate whomever they’re talking with.
    You've seen them - are you referring to the ILIs or the LIIs?

Creepy-

I want to retract my previous posting

Ok, but actually what you've described your friend as doing is pretty much what he does. The people that label him as a "troublemaker" are extremely conservative. He challenges people in one-on-one discussions, and dismisses people as 'closeminded' who take offence to his arguments. In his head, not publically. :-)
    - I asked myINTJ friend about this, and he said he would do what the guy you describe does, in the same way you describe.

Do you think ILIs would be likely to go overboard?
    - I don't know....

You've seen them - are you referring to the ILIs or the LIIs?
    - I was referring to LII's with the stare - powerful when they want it to be.

Perhaps he is an LII after all... isn't it cool when you can look at someone through a socionics perspective, and then put that together with real-world "common sense" as you're getting to know them? Interesting stuff.
    Last edited by female; 05-12-2008 at 02:51 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yea he's probably an INTj. And anyone that thinks that sounds like an INTp is off their rocker. When you here someone walking around talking about how they like open-minded people, or they value open-mindedness they are probably an INTj. When someone walks around and questions everything, they are probably an INTj. Also, usually an INTj will go on a rampage when they hear something sexist or racist. INTjs are usually extreme individualists. They hate collectivist ideologies. They usually believe people should be free to explore things.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um I would like to say this is my father 100%, maybe 150%. He does it all.

He will discuss the same thing to you 100 times, but it will be slightly rehashed. You ask him what 2+2 is, he will get out a piece of paper and explain all of addition to you. Unfortunately he is doing it more for himself, because you can barely understand what he is saying.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's hospitable, but I don't think caregiving is his forte because he can go overboard in an attempt to make sure everyone's taken care of - he gets a little extravagant.
    I don't think this contradicts LII -- it might even support it. Going "overboard" often indicates valued but weak functions. Seems like either way this would definitely make LII more likely than ILI; it doesn't sound like SiFe super-ego.

When you here someone walking around talking about how they like open-minded people, or they value open-mindedness they are probably an INTj
    Actually, of the people I've known who really valued open-mindedness a lot, none were LIIs.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps he is an LII after all... isn't it cool when you can look at someone through a socionics perspective, and then put that together with real-world "common sense" as you're getting to know them? Interesting stuff.
    Yeah - it is pretty cool. :-) Thanks for your response.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    um I would like to say this is my father 100%, maybe 150%. He does it all.

He will discuss the same thing to you 100 times, but it will be slightly rehashed. You ask him what 2+2 is, he will get out a piece of paper and explain all of addition to you. Unfortunately he is doing it more for himself, because you can barely understand what he is saying.
    Does he go overboard with the hospitality side of things?