Thread: Description of Dualization

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Description of Dualization

I wrote this post earlier, and I decided to continue it into a userspace article on the Wiki. This article is here:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...dy/Dualization

My goal is to describe not only the theoretical model behind dualization, but also to subjectively describe what it feels like. This is an ongoing project, and I am interested in hearing your feedback.

The model I'm using assumes that valued functions in the super-id are substituted for corresponding unvalued functions in the super-ego. So I guess what I want to know is, how do your super-ego functions make you feel, and what do you wish would replace those functions?

Any criticism or input would be greatly appreciated.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sucks

(jk, I liked it a lot, but there needed to be some criticism)

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    it sucks

(jk, I liked it a lot, but there needed to be some criticism)

Haha, I understand that sentiment. I'm still working on it. Could you do me a favor and describe in your own words what and feel like to you, and how and replace them? I have a hard time getting my head around , so this could help me a lot.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like your initiative. Can't really give a lot of input because I am not very good at putting my observation in standardized wikisocion language.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I really like your initiative. Can't really give a lot of input because I am not very good at putting my observation in standardized wikisocion language.
    Thanks! Well, you don't have to put it in standard wiki language. Let me work on that. Just describe how it feels, if you like.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riddy, I really relate to the SF description. Just re the 'longer-term implications' of actions though - for me it's not really that I can't see that one event is going to lead to another .... it's more that I just don't like thinking outside of the present - because the present is what affects the future, and if I focus on a goal in the future, I might miss opportunities in the present. I mean I'm trying to be honest - it's like the present is alive and happening and the future is black-and-white snapshots. It's not that I can't see that a certain course of action is going to lead to certain results, just that I can't say for certain whether or not I will stay on that course, because there are so many variables to consider - I can control my own actions, but how do I know what might cross my path and completely change my direction? So there are multiple possible futures in my head. Lol. I don't think this is making sense.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Riddy, I really relate to the SF description. Just re the 'longer-term implications' of actions though - for me it's not really that I can't see that one event is going to lead to another .... it's more that I just don't like thinking outside of the present - because the present is what affects the future, and if I focus on a goal in the future, I might miss opportunities in the present. I mean I'm trying to be honest - it's like the present is alive and happening and the future is black-and-white snapshots. It's not that I can't see that a certain course of action is going to lead to certain results, just that I can't say for certain whether or not I will stay on that course, because there are so many variables to consider - I can control my own actions, but how do I know what might cross my path and completely change my direction? So there are multiple possible futures in my head. Lol. I don't think this is making sense.
    Actually, that makes a lot of sense. And your stream-of-consciousness way of explaining it is fun and enlightening. It really gives me a better idea of what a dynamic thought process looks like. When you say, "I can control my own actions, but how do I know what might cross my path and completely change my direction?", I think you are really giving a good idea of the contrast between (controlling your actions) and . But I don't want to over-theorize it. I think the color and vibrancy of your language conveys your point as well if not better than a lot of analysis. LOL...I stole the "long-term implications" thing from the description of on the wiki.

I'm glad you responded, because I'm not as SEI and I don't really have a good idea of what these things feel like. I will do my best to incorporate not only your points but also your demeanor into the description. Thank you very much!

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Actually, that makes a lot of sense. And your stream-of-consciousness way of explaining it is fun and enlightening. It really gives me a better idea of what a dynamic thought process looks like. When you say, "I can control my own actions, but how do I know what might cross my path and completely change my direction?", I think you are really giving a good idea of the contrast between (controlling your actions) and . But I don't want to over-theorize it. I think the color and vibrancy of your language conveys your point as well if not better than a lot of analysis. LOL...I stole the "long-term implications" thing from the description of on the wiki.

I'm glad you responded, because I'm not as SEI and I don't really have a good idea of what these things feel like. I will do my best to incorporate not only your points but also your demeanor into the description. Thank you very much!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

I think that's a great article. I really liked your alpha description. I completely identify with your NT description. The SF one is harder for me to identify with, but I at least feel like that is the effect I would like to have on my dual.

Also, I really like your hypothesis of "replacing" the super-ego functions with the opposite color versions of the super-id. Maybe you could go more in-depth about that? I'm curious.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borromean-ring View Post
    I think that's a great article. I really liked your alpha description. I completely identify with your NT description. The SF one is harder for me to identify with, but I at least feel like that is the effect I would like to have on my dual.

Also, I really like your hypothesis of "replacing" the super-ego functions with the opposite color versions of the super-id. Maybe you could go more in-depth about that? I'm curious.
    I intend to. It's hard to describe that stuff without being too theoretical. Plus I'm an ILE bastard, so I might just change it all on a whim anyhow.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if you've perused this thread. It might give you some insight into the Delta perspective. The general use of language is less well-defined than you'd like probably, but if anything's unclear or overly vague, I'd be glad to help you on your little project.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18653

Would it be useful if I tried to put things in the light you've cast them into (i.e. how super ego functions and they might be more comfortably dealt with via a dual's ego functions)?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    I intend to. It's hard to describe that stuff without being too theoretical. Plus I'm an ILE bastard, so I might just change it all on a whim anyhow.
    Haha- being too theoretical = <3

*wonders when they will ban "too" and "theoretical" from appearing next to each other in a sentence*

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy
    Haha, I understand that sentiment. I'm still working on it. Could you do me a favor and describe in your own words what and feel like to you, and how and replace them? I have a hard time getting my head around , so this could help me a lot.
    well, I can't give a thorough one, as that would take too long; but I can generally describe.

I feel like Si actually annoys me more than Te, in a sense. Maybe because it conflicts with my primary function. It's just like, too much overload, too much detail. The environment is there; use it to your benefit, enjoy it, but I don't have some "relationship" with it. With Te it's kind of like it just passes beneath the radar completely. Humorously, sometimes I find myself trying to "feed" it with certain types of information or choosing a specific perspective on something, out of compensation probably. But, on the whole, I find it utterly boring. It can become a sort of nothingness function in that, at it's worst, it will say nothing of significance, simply starting and ending with obvious, objective data. Basically, it really taxes me.