Thread: Type a clip - Jeff Kropf at 2008 Climate Change Conference

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type a clip - Jeff Kropf at 2008 Climate Change Conference

The video is kinda poor quality, unfortunately, and really short, but from what you can catch, what type does he come across as?

Hopefully I'll have more of him in the future because I'd like to know his type. This'll have to do for now.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His gesticulations seem to point towards some Fe valuing type.

What do you know about him?
    Describe.

I am initially repelled because of how delightful he seems in discussing his ignorance. He speaks with an emotional tone.

...eh... I'll leave it at that for now. I really don't know yet though. More data.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. My best guess is ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he looks XNFj. Maybe ENFj.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess: Some Delta NF

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem I have is that guy has, to me, an almost stereotypical "enthusiastic manager" quality. I was not sure whether I was seeing a real person or an actor, so to speak, playing a role. I've met guys like that all the time. Even the emphasis he puts on specific words to make the point seems carefully chosen. It's hard to say - at least for me - whether it's a natural or learned skill.

He does seem to have, however, the body language of the EJ temperament; added to that the apparent confidence on Fe - whether as a natural inclination or a learned skill - and what I will just say seems like Se quadra to me, then my guess is ENFj. But, he could even be an ESTj who just learned to play the role of "enthusiastic manager" well enough.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really want to talk about my own impressions and reactions and thoughts right now just so I don't confuse things. I want the way between him and typers as open and clear as possible, if that make sense.

I will say this, though, (since it's much more a fact than an opinion) that he is familiar with and relatively comfortable in the political realm, at very least in the sense of how to speak and carry himself.

When they become available, I will share more videos, which they probably won't for at least another couple of weeks. I just got excited when I saw this one was there and couldn't wait for later.

Though I'm not sure how much they'll say about his type, here are a couple of short bits he's written (leaving in all spelling and grammatical errors for the sake of authenticity):

The story today about school based health clinics being privately funded illustrates what is wrong with polticially correct public education today and actually adds to the other story out there regarding the increase in high school drop out rates. Schools are spending too much time, energy and resources (money) on issues like primary care clinics instead of focusing on what their core mission is, educating children. The predictable result is the other story today about an increase in dropout rates. If schools focus on the kids, they will get better results as the story says is happening in some places. The educational establishment and the legislature need to reform public education in a manner that produces positive results. Adding health clinics isnt going to help and should be ther parents responsibility anyway.
    An interesting opportunity has presented itself in Oregon’s largest city, Portland, namely the possible revisions of contracting policies that have led to very expensive, no bid contracts apparently costing the tax and ratepayers extra money.

A newspaper report today claims that the city is giving sweetheart deals to certain consultants with out going through the competitive bidding process. They cite examples of these contracts and why they are such a good deal for the consultant, but not the taxpayers footing the bill. Certain city bureaucrats defend the practice claiming that is saves the tax and ratepayers money.

In the words of John Travolta from the 80's TV show, Welcome Back Kotter, "I'm so confused!"

Generally, free market advocates like me believe strongly that private enterprise can usually deliver the bigger bang for the buck to the taxpayers, so if that is not happening here, then what is missing in this time tested formula for governmental success?

In a word it is "competition"

There are long lists of abuses that the city has adopted as standard operating procedures that really freeze out competition, which costs the tax and ratepayers a lot of extra money. Things like change orders that aren't reviewed by the city council unless they exceed 25% of the original contract, (the story says most are just under the 25% level) is a good example of this type of abuse. Sometimes contractors will under bid a project initially, but then rely on change orders to make their profit (I saw this when I was in the legislature). Under current city practices, the contractor can charge a non competitive rate for change orders, which could lead to the taxpayers paying more than they should.

This and other issues highlighted in the news story have created a problem so bad, that in at least one instance, new city employees were hired to replace the contractor and it saved the city money!

Clearly, reforms are needed, which is the opportunity at hand.

I would suggest just a few changes in city contracting procedures that might positively impact the situation for the benefit of the tax and ratepayers.

First, make all change orders above 10% of the original contract reviewable by the city council.

Secondly, do not renew contracts without competitive bidding.

Third, allow review of competitive bidding criteria before the bid is published. Often, because of cozy relationships between bureaucrats and contractors a bid's criteria are manipulated to give an advantage to one firm over another. (I have seen this also)

Fourth, never allow a consultant to recommend a contract proposal and then be allowed to bid and possibly obtain that same contract. It is a true conflict of interest and has led to some spectacular government contracting failures.

There are other practices that should be changed on the part of the city to deal with this problem, but this is enough for now. If these modest suggestions are adopted, then perhaps the perceived abuses will end and the public’s faith in government can be at least partially restored.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom