Thread: My type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My type

I am new here on this forum, but I have been secretly viewing postings for a week or so. I have been studying personality types for around 2 years and i actually am majoring in psychology. i typed as entj originally when i took the test. I am just not so sure about that. I have considered the possibility of myself as every single type and I have trouble pinning myself. For a while i thought i was entp, then enfj, then estj, and i come back to infj quiet often. Sometimes i wonder if the whole theory of there being 16 types of personalities is completely bogus. I posted a link to a photo of myself below to see if anyone would like to take a shot at identifying my type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=33726325

I reposted the link to the site because it wasnt showing up on my computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it seems you need a myspace account to do that and i can not currently think of any other way.

Creepy-Cyclops

Can you upload your photo via photobucket? It would help if you described yourself a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill describe myself then i will try to figure out photobucket. I think I may be introverted because I spend most of my time alone. In fact the past year i hardly spoke to anyone including family members, i felt this helped me to dig deep and really concentrate on things such as reading and philosophy and such. I do have friends and people i care about, I just do not feel the need to go out and do "normal" stuff. Thats really the best way i can describe it. I think the entjness may have come from the fact that i grew up in an environment with 2 older siblings (6 and 8 years older), so it was almost like i was an only child and i had to learn to be bold at times. I think that can be a complicated situation almost having 2 generations of children living under the same roof. Honestly, i am not completely sure if any person is one type. But another part of me believes that we present ourselves to the world with a particular identity and it would be inconsistent and possibly destructive if a person showed one type one minute and another the next. I think maybe we assume roles in relationships where we can be counted on and that may form the basis of our personality. It seems theoretically possible to me for a personality type (say estj) to have well balanced intuition and feeling and become a well rounded person to the point where they can use all functions simultaneous, but i do not have anything to point to to back that up. Anyways i hope that is enough for any evaluation although ive heard that it takes 6 weeks to start to know a person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here we go

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...=1210001849478

I re-edited my last post because i made a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have thought of several possible theories for this type confusion. One I consider is that i was an esfj, but being surrounded by several estps in superior positions challenged to be develop my abstract thinking to the point of becoming entj.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long have you studied socionics Tbone?

Have you read through any of the quadra descriptions? If so, have any of them stuck out as being more or less attractive to you? (Not that quadras are the perfect place to begin, but it could be a start in narrowing things down.)

Also, it's funny that you mention type confusion, because I just started a thread about that a couple of days ago.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

introverted imo.
    i think he's ego.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I first started studying myers brigg when it was part of a course i took at college. I then started looking at websites such as personality page to gain more information. I purchased the book please understand me 2 and was fascinated by it and could not put it down. Ive been interested in socionics off and on for a while although i never really got into trying to understand the system of all of the shapes and functions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enfp could make sense to me. I remember my favorite thing to do as a child was draw and be creative. I even made my own comics books when i was 7 years old. That sounds enfp like to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i may be alpha as songs such as the song "alright" by supergrass really seems to fit my style. Songs like that in general i get a good vibe from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello me, its me again

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Tbone. Yes, we see you. It's just I think you haven't given us much to work with in terms of typing you.

The very first thing you need to understand is that MBTI is different from socionics. If you are going to learn about and at all get into socionics, I would suggest forgetting for a little while what you know of MBTI. Approach socionics as a whole new system and model. Then, later, once you've gotten a good grasp on socionics, if you so wish you can compare and contrast the two.

Second, socionics has a great deal to do with the relationships between people. So why don't you think about and answer these questions for a start:

What type of people do you get along with best?

What characteristics or habits of people bother or repel you?

I'm sure there are much better questions other people can ask you, but that's what I have for now.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

The guy on that pic looks like an ESFp I know, promiscuous subtype
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone5605 View Post
    I first started studying myers brigg when it was part of a course i took at college. I then started looking at websites such as personality page to gain more information. I purchased the book please understand me 2 and was fascinated by it and could not put it down. Ive been interested in socionics off and on for a while although i never really got into trying to understand the system of all of the shapes and functions.
    Good book is Please Understand Me II. However, ignore it while you're here. It won't do you any good. An ESE may look like an ESFJ in some respects, but an ESE is an ESE. Likewise, just because ENTJ looks promising, doesn't mean LIE is.

Best thing to do is to take a look at wikisocion; there's a lot of good information there. If you're not willing to commit yourself to studying socionics, then don't bother. It's a complex theory to learn; some have been here for over two years and have still not learned certain aspects of socionics. I myself have been here for a year, and I'm only just beginning to grasp basic concepts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will try to implement your advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Dee. I do not know what it is you speak of when you mention reinin dichotomies. I can think of times I am speaking or explaining something where I ask the other person if I can finish. You asked if i often make introductions before continuing to finish what I am saying. There was a specific situation today where I can defer to to answer your question on foresight. I saw my mother was in the dining room and decided to sit down near the opposite end of the table. She immediatedly knew that something was on my mind when I sat down so she welcomed me and wanted to know what was going on. I first told her that i discovered a recreational summer basketball league and asked if she could lend me 45$ to sign up. She seemed happy that I had found something I was interested in doing and told me that it would not be a problem.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with this thread is that you don't really give enough information about yourself.

Hint: make a video and talk about your values and beliefs; what you do with your life and what kind of people you feel you have the most successful relationships with. Then post it on YouTube (and then the link to it on here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well so far I have uploaded videos to my computer, but I am having trouble uploading videos to youtube because I am not not receiving any confirmation emails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Minde, this is what I came up with in response to your comments

Sometimes i get strong feelings about what my type is. This morning I strongly feel infj. I believe that when I was in high school a good friend of mine was estp. I would occasionally get strong feelings of resentment towards him for his actions and his comments. I spent almost every day around him when we went to the same college and it seemed like he had no desire whatsoever in anything that was going on in my life and always just had a cocky attitude basically telling me to get over things (that being is main attitude). But naturally i am kind of analytical about things and like to have mental connections with people. I realize that there was really nothing to our friendship and that I was wasting my time being outgoing and trying to keep up with his face paced lifestyle. I eventually stopped hanging out with him when I realized that we weren't as good friends as I thought and I started to feel like I did not even know myself anymore. I had made some pretty bad life decisions during that time in my life.

I can think of times through my life where I have met head on with a conflictor. There was one I knew in grade school and high school that I could not stand. I felt it was so annoying the way everyone thought he was great and that he was a loud mouth and manipulated everyone. On the bus in grade school i remember there was a girl that he would "flirt" with by pinching her and hurting her and I felt like I could see through what he was doing. In high school we hung out sometimes and we were actually friends for a while and my family members joked about it considering how I despised him as a child.

I think that my father might be estj. It is as if he understands some of my goals and will "supervise" to help me achieve them. In general we really have a really good relationship.
    Last edited by Tbone5605; 05-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hearing a lot of Te; I would guess SLI. (edit: The last post also speaks strongly of Delta values.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone5605 View Post
    Enfp could make sense to me. I remember my favorite thing to do as a child was draw and be creative. I even made my own comics books when i was 7 years old. That sounds enfp like to me.
    Can you tell us what aspects of drawing and making comic books most appealed to you? Also, describing any other interests you have (and why you enjoy them) would be helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. I enjoyed making comic books because I was a decent drawer. I liked dreaming up different stories and scenarios and they were mostly humorous from what I remember.