Thread: Gamma insights on ideal relationships

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma insights on ideal relationships

Out of curiousity, how would you Gammas characterize an ideal/good relationship? What is important to have/avoid? What kind of activities/traits/etc are most desirable?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ideal relationship.. absolute mutual trust, freedom to express opinions about anything and everything, mutual benefit and cooperation... probably the most general things that come to mind at the moment. Obviously this is just my opinion and others may disagree, yadayadayada, I shouldn't have to say this but no doubt some idiot out there will take offense if I don't put this stupid disclaimer on. meh.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds right.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    An ideal relationship.. absolute mutual trust, freedom to express opinions about anything and everything, mutual benefit and cooperation... probably the most general things that come to mind at the moment. Obviously this is just my opinion and others may disagree, yadayadayada, I shouldn't have to say this but no doubt some idiot out there will take offense if I don't put this stupid disclaimer on. meh.
    that sounds pretty much ideal to me.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are forgetting tons of cash
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    That sounds right.
    the disclaimer part, do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    that sounds pretty much ideal to me.
    thats because your probably INTp (probably)
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    lol
    Interesting. I thought that was maybe the INTp HA coming into play.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    + this.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me:

Absolutely no drama. Drama = insincerity and manipulation. I insist on frankness whenever there is a problem.

I like being able to talk about anything and not need to keep secrets, though as an introvert I find that there are always things I don't want to talk about with anyone. I guess the important thing here is knowing I could talk about it if I wanted to.

Maximum reliability. We both do what we say we're going to do and can always be relied upon to provide our "thing" in the relationship.

No need for regality or any ostentatious forms of courtship, except as occasional "presents" when we feel like it.

Interactions should be focused on giving stimulation and not attention.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    For me:

Absolutely no drama. Drama = insincerity and manipulation. I insist on frankness whenever there is a problem.

I like being able to talk about anything and not need to keep secrets, though as an introvert I find that there are always things I don't want to talk about with anyone. I guess the important thing here is knowing I could talk about it if I wanted to.

Maximum reliability. We both do what we say we're going to do and can always be relied upon to provide our "thing" in the relationship.

No need for regality or any ostentatious forms of courtship, except as occasional "presents" when we feel like it.

Interactions should be focused on giving stimulation and not attention.
    i like this description, too. although i doubt that i require anything i'd call "maximum reliability."
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    the disclaimer part, do you mean?
    No, the post itself, overall.

I also relate to what discojoe wrote.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww... this is really encouraging, as this is almost exactly what I have with my ILI boyfriend.
    ISFp <3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said.

I also like what discojoe said about stimulation, lack of drama and frankness.

I actually can't even think of anything to add.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump.

what are you looking for in your significant others?

what do you bring to the table yourself?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    bump.

what are you looking for in your significant others?
    Wit, intelligence, a certain pragmatism.
    Emotional connection, affection, laughter, tenderness.
    Adventure, stability. Someone who gets me and who I get back. Comfort, authenticity where being ourselves with each other is only natural.
    Trust, loyalty, honesty, dependability. Friendship, equality. Someone who can see into me better than I can see myself, who believes in me, who nurtures the part of me that is protective, carefree, and is both grounded and intellectual. Someone who, just by thinking of them, gives me strength to not give up in mental, emotional, and physical hardship. Someone who inspires me to get beyond my own weakness in order to persevere...not only for my own sake but if it means we both can benefit and both can have nice things acquired from struggle and hard work.

Someone who not only reassures me I'm a good person but who reassures me of my capabilities and helps me believe in my own competence and who can help me when my thinking and understanding is in chaos, who helps me see through tasks muddled by my own confusion, especially when it deals with matters outside of relations and ethics, especially considering a great deal of the stress I deal with is due to being slow to learn things on my own that aren't spelled out in simple, step by step language. I need someone who is patient and can spell things out for me without treating me like a total moron or doesn't look at me like I'm mentally challenged on account of making numerous errors until I have the muscle memory to do something new. Otherwise, daily living would prove to be an ass pain for both parties without that assistance. It's something I'm deeply sensitive about.
    what do you bring to the table yourself?
    Affection, realism, flexibility, stability, tolerance, a listening ear, emotional support, principles, decency, kindness, expansion and the desire to do new and edifying things. I give and receive personal space. I'm not afraid to give compliments and to encourage someone I care about, especially when they are struggling to see their own worth. I'm able to commit and work hard for someone who has personal importance. I'm able to dream while remaining down to earth, seeing how things really are and seeing how things can realistically improve.

I don't have any ideal relationship in my head. It boils down to the connection and rapport I have with the person and the mutual happiness and satisfaction derived from being together. Of course, practical considerations are paramount, but there is no ideal relationship that isn't rooted in friendship and mutual support, understanding, fun, and shared humor.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 05-03-2014 at 02:38 AM.