Thread: What is an ideal/good relationship for Betas?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is an ideal/good relationship for Betas?

Out of curiousity, how would you Betas characterize an ideal/good relationship? What is important to have/avoid? What kind of activities/traits/etc are most desirable?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wet!
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wet is good.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Relationships are important to have in general, but don't expect them to be great if you can't have a good relationship with yourself.
    Well said, well said. I love hearing these truths!

love
    kj

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

passion, aggressiveness, competitiveness, intellectual stimulation....

I'm not so sure that ideal relationships differ too much from quadra to quadra

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    passion, aggressiveness, competitiveness, intellectual stimulation....

I'm not so sure that ideal relationships differ too much from quadra to quadra
    I think an EII would disagree a lot with that, based on your brief description, and even more if it gets more detailed. That's one of the points of socionics, btw.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotional maturity is required for a successful relationship.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I think an EII would disagree a lot with that, based on your brief description, and even more if it gets more detailed. That's one of the points of socionics, btw.
    Intellectual stimulation is fine, even desirable, and a certain amount (and kind) of passion isn't terrible. But aggressiveness and competition? No, not so much.

So, yeah, I agree.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

competition with a touch of aggressiveness is great...so long as it is positive in tone and not taken too seriously. in fact amend that to say that at least some competition is essential.
    but then, I'm not Beta ;- P
    ILI

¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
    ¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión;
    una sombra, una ficción
    y el mayor bien es pequeño.
    ¡Que toda la vida es sueño
    y los sueños, sueños son!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm beta and I definitely wouldn't put competition and aggressiveness on my list of must-haves for a relationship.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    yeah, it's not like I would expect a fiery relationship between an SLI and IEE; it's just that I think that there are certain traits all people look for in a relationship that are outside the sandbox of socionics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ideal relationship would be one where I feel part of a team. We get support from one another to pursue our own goals. Why should I be in a relationship if it doesn't enable me to become a better version of myself? Honesty, loyalty and equality is essential.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    Well said, well said. I love hearing these truths!

love
    kj

yeah, right on.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    yeah i think anybody who says the goals of relationships dont vary by quadra is uhhhh incorrect.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    An ideal relationship would be one where I feel part of a team. We get support from one another to pursue our own goals. Why should I be in a relationship if it doesn't enable me to become a better version of myself? Honesty, loyalty and equality is essential.

a team...omg...someone send this person matching jogging suits or a towel set or soemthing. eek gad. i think i may never get married just for the sheer enjoyment of freedom. i think marriage is economical and im not much of a capitalist
    Lefty
    ENFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    Wet!
    istjs are angels cast over a devilish interior i think you can spot it coming through, too ...it explains the arched eyebrows they often posess.

I dont think compeitiion is fun i'd leave that up to another couple than istjs and enfjs but ...yeah im not interested in competing with a mate...or whatever you want to call it lol ...

all i know is im really preoccupied by the aspect of istjs that asserts itself.

this probably all goes back to the good top bad top topic that everyone passed up on becasue it was too taboo...an infp wants a "good top" and an ENFJ the opposite.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Out of curiousity, how would you Betas characterize an ideal/good relationship? What is important to have/avoid? What kind of activities/traits/etc are most desirable?
    My ideal relationship is to be able to actually have a good conversation even if its the dumbest thing. I need a mature, stable guy who is confident with what he wants. I also needs someone who is loyal and someone who can understand me. I can't stand any guy who is around me constantly. I wouldn't want to be around that person constantly. I need a guy who is adventurous, funny, smart guy who is really athletic.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onetreehilluver View Post
    My ideal relationship is to be able to actually have a good conversation even if its the dumbest thing. I need a mature, stable guy who is confident with what he wants. I also needs someone who is loyal and someone who can understand me. I can't stand any guy who is around me constantly. I wouldn't want to be around that person constantly. I need a guy who is adventurous, funny, smart guy who is really athletic.
    i know what you mean. i love it when a man either understands social referances...expands my understanding of things in terms of history or geography...or even if its more affectionate and there's just mutual understanding or a shared humor. I love those things, too.

And by saying I like the part of them that asserts itself I do mean, too, as youre saying the kind of utilitarian and independant part of them...They are stern and caring but also very independant and sometimes cranky (can be adorable or a nightmare depending on the person.

these days ive found myself kind of being into married men...sure everyone can freak about the morality of it...but ive started to wonder what it means about my own fear of commitment...a married man will always only need me so much (kind of in referance to not wanting them to be around all the time as you stated).
    Lefty
    ENFJ