Thread: my list of Socionics types of anime characters

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Grimmjow Jaegerjaques: SLE-Se 8w7 Sx/So.
    Yep, spot on.

Also: ESI for Ichigo is spot on, makes me wonder what type Aizen is (considering the latest Bleach chapters)... his dual?

Te-Ni would fit the "grand scheme" style, as well as the symbolic Si-PoLR theme - defeated through overestimation of his own body, strapped to a chair as a method of containing him etc... from another perspective: Victim style much? I pondered EIE first because I fell for the "villain = aristocratic" stereotype but he is far too controlled in his expression, somewhat tolerates flexible alliances and seems comfortable with Ti (see Arrancar ranks, for instance). Bleach is quite Gamma in almost everything so LIE would be symptomatic. Which opens the next question, which type is Ywach? Alpha?
    As you say, Aizen is LIE with a very good EIE mask. He is basically the same character as Light from Deathnote. The role Fe they use coupled with their strong creative Ni gives it away imo, but the way he can trigger emotional responses from opponent's is a trait of Beta NFs, particularly EIEs.

Yhwach is probably a merry quadra (tortures a subordinate for spoiling the mood by stating his opinions...can't see a democratic quadra type being that drastic) and not Beta (kills his own kind without a second thought, Beta tend to have an "us vs them, and we will overcome them" sort of mentality, and probably weak Fi if he has no problem killing off his closest and most loyal subordinates for hundreds of years in order to further his goal or simply because they are no longer useful to him anymore. I can see him as a couple of types (depending on his real backstory and motivations) but ILE seems a good bet to me.

EDIT: Another one for the list - Hao Asakura (EIE), classic example of a Beta villain with an us (shamans) vs them (humans) mentality.
    Last edited by Resonare; 07-18-2016 at 11:46 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    As you say, Aizen is LIE with a very good EIE mask. He is basically the same character as Light from Deathnote. The role Fe they use coupled with their strong creative Ni gives it away imo, but the way he can trigger emotional responses from opponents is a trait of Beta NFs, particularly EIEs...
    EIE mask - well put, Light came across as L's supervisor (yes, I think he's ILI>LII) at first. Turns out it's a mirror relation. Your take on Near's and Ryuk's type? I advocate LII and ILE, both sport very pronounced childlike themes. Ryuk entered the human world for dual-seeking function purposes aka the taste of apples (=Si. Trivial, but still significant), and primarily, boredom/curiosity (Ne). Near seems TiNe with his love for strategic toys (sugar cube castle!), multitasking. Se-PoLR --> he relies on his team's drive a lot.
    Same childlikeness goes for Misa, I guess. ENFp? Her celebrity image would fit SEE but I don't know... The cause of her problems (and her end) seems to be attachment, which is more of a Delta theme. There's more of an intuitive playfulness.

Ywach ILE - perfect, perfect, perfect. He's Ichigo's true enemy (= conflictor). ILE-ness manifests in how the Sternritter order is organized and operates very well, think. Fi is Ywach's weakness that Ichigo can exploit.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, talking about Grimmjow. I made up my mind about the other Espada:

Yammy: Aspect of Death is Rage (Se). Yammy's main concerns are brawling and gain of strength, with little regard for alliances. Spiteful. He seems to appreciate Ulquiorra's Ni ways of doing things. ESTp it is. Interesting: His battle against fellow Beta aggressors Byakuya and Kenpachi.
    Coyote: Aspect of Death is Solitude (Si or Ni). ISTp seems appropriate - he's laid-back, peaceful, sleepy, reasonable, his caring is hidden. As a fellow Fe PoLR being I can understand the loneliness issue (Starrk was so lonely he divided his own soul). Lilynette's caregiving dual. An INTp would be more energized in battle and far more tense in general. The entire lone wolf theme is ISTp-ish to the max either way.
    Barragan: Aspect of Death is Passage of Time (Ni). Has a knack and craving for leadership, rational temperament, similar superiority complex as Aizen... LIE
    Nelliel: Unknown Aspect of Death. A hit to Ichigo's PoLR, I think. Bubbly, affectionate, naive, protective, cheery, loyal. ENFp. This is somewhat skewed because of her transformation.
    Tier: Aspect of Death is Sacrifice (Fi,Fe,Ni). FiSe is my choice as she is protective of her fracción. Very principled, silent, loving, shrewd observer. Leads and kills only when necessary. Merciless once betrayed - Se creative for sure.
    Ulquiorra: Aspect of Death is Emptiness (Ti, Ni). Seems ILI, lacks emotional involvement (Fe PoLR) but carries out orders (Te). Unflappable, analytical. Most things he deems pointless. Orihime's ethical spark is his redemption.
    Nnoitra: Aspect of Death is Despair (??). Battle-obsessed like Yammy, Grimmjow or Kenpachi. Fi PoLR manifestations as rude (even sexist) attitude and aristocratic demeanour. Demands praise and fairness (Fe) but does the literal opposite. His rank is tattooed on his tongue... Fe grin...wields gigantic weapon... slang... Beta, SLE.
    Luppi: Unknown Aspect of Death. Seems Alpha, gets on well with Gin (ILE). Other than that, no idea.
    Zommari: Aspect of Death: Intoxication (Si). Meditation, talks subduedly but with dramatic intonation, no sense of battle dynamics whatsoever when faced with Byakuya. Bodily transformation into multiple elements (Si-Ne). I figured ISFp but that's very tentative.
    Szayelaporro: Aspect of Death: Lunacy (Ne). 100% ILE. Fe-smile like Nnoitra and sadistic/cocky Fi PoLR. Curious researcher, strives for perfection. The Arrancar version of Mayuri.
    Aaroniero: Apect of Death: Greed (Si?). Does he have 2 Types? A difficult case :') SEI-ILE perhaps.

~~~Recap~~~

Yammy SLE
    Coyote SLI
    Barragan LIE
    Nelliel IEE
    Harribel ESI
    Ulquiorra ILI
    Nnoitra SLE
    Zommari SEI
    Szayel ILE

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE mask - well put, Light came across as L's supervisor (yes, I think he's ILI>LII) at first. Turns out it's a mirror relation. Your take on Near's and Ryuk's type? I advocate LII and ILE, both sport very pronounced childlike themes. Ryuk entered the human world for dual-seeking function purposes aka the taste of apples (=Si. Trivial, but still significant), and primarily, boredom/curiosity (Ne). Near seems TiNe with his love for strategic toys (sugar cube castle!), multitasking. Se-PoLR --> he relies on his team's drive a lot.
    Same childlikeness goes for Misa, I guess. ENFp? Her celebrity image would fit SEE but I don't know... The cause of her problems (and her end) seems to be attachment, which is more of a Delta theme. There's more of an intuitive playfulness.

Ywach ILE - perfect, perfect, perfect. He's Ichigo's true enemy (= conflictor). ILE-ness manifests in how the Sternritter order is organized and operates very well, think. Fi is Ywach's weakness that Ichigo can exploit.
    Ryuk is commonly typed as ILE and I can't see much wrong with that either.

I think Near is ILI, I watched a compilation video of his moments and he seems very Gamma to me. His relationship with Mello also seems very much like ILI-SLE semi-duality.

Also, talking about Grimmjow. I made up my mind about the other Espada:

Yammy: Aspect of Death is Rage (Se). Yammy's main concerns are brawling and gain of strength, with little regard for alliances. Spiteful. He seems to appreciate Ulquiorra's Ni ways of doing things. ESTp it is. Interesting: His battle against fellow Beta aggressors Byakuya and Kenpachi.
    Coyote: Aspect of Death is Solitude (Si or Ni). ISTp seems appropriate - he's laid-back, peaceful, sleepy, reasonable, his caring is hidden. As a fellow Fe PoLR being I can understand the loneliness issue (Starrk was so lonely he divided his own soul). Lilynette's caregiving dual. An INTp would be more energized in battle and far more tense in general. The entire lone wolf theme is ISTp-ish to the max either way.
    Barragan: Aspect of Death is Passage of Time (Ni). Has a knack and craving for leadership, rational temperament, similar superiority complex as Aizen... LIE
    Nelliel: Unknown Aspect of Death. A hit to Ichigo's PoLR, I think. Bubbly, affectionate, naive, protective, cheery, loyal. ENFp. This is somewhat skewed because of her transformation.
    Tier: Aspect of Death is Sacrifice (Fi,Fe,Ni). FiSe is my choice as she is protective of her fracción. Very principled, silent, loving, shrewd observer. Leads and kills only when necessary. Merciless once betrayed - Se creative for sure.
    Ulquiorra: Aspect of Death is Emptiness (Ti, Ni). Seems ILI, lacks emotional involvement (Fe PoLR) but carries out orders (Te). Unflappable, analytical. Most things he deems pointless. Orihime's ethical spark is his redemption.
    Nnoitra: Aspect of Death is Despair (??). Battle-obsessed like Yammy, Grimmjow or Kenpachi. Fi PoLR manifestations as rude (even sexist) attitude and aristocratic demeanour. Demands praise and fairness (Fe) but does the literal opposite. His rank is tattooed on his tongue... Fe grin...wields gigantic weapon... slang... Beta, SLE.
    Luppi: Unknown Aspect of Death. Seems Alpha, gets on well with Gin (ILE). Other than that, no idea.
    Zommari: Aspect of Death: Intoxication (Si). Meditation, talks subduedly but with dramatic intonation, no sense of battle dynamics whatsoever when faced with Byakuya. Bodily transformation into multiple elements (Si-Ne). I figured ISFp but that's very tentative.
    Szayelaporro: Aspect of Death: Lunacy (Ne). 100% ILE. Fe-smile like Nnoitra and sadistic/cocky Fi PoLR. Curious researcher, strives for perfection. The Arrancar version of Mayuri.
    Aaroniero: Apect of Death: Greed (Si?). Does he have 2 Types? A difficult case :') SEI-ILE perhaps.

~~~Recap~~~

Yammy SLE
    Coyote SLI
    Barragan LIE
    Nelliel IEE
    Harribel ESI
    Ulquiorra ILI
    Nnoitra SLE
    Zommari SEI
    Szayel ILE
    Well damn, that is quite the list

Chances are the author's type played a role in the way that chapter was made, but it seems rather negativist and static.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Near is ILI, I watched a compilation video of his moments and he seems very Gamma to me.
    Upon reviewing, he reminds me of my own unfazed antics. He doesn't value Fe at all. Yes, I second ILI, perhaps a Te subtype. Strikes me as a mini-Trafalgar Law somehow.
    Semi-duality with Mello - care to elaborate?

Developing your argument, I suggest LII for Ulquiorra and ESE for Orihime.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon reviewing, he reminds me of my own unfazed antics. He doesn't value Fe at all. Yes, I second ILI, perhaps a Te subtype. Strikes me as a mini-Trafalgar Law somehow.
    Semi-duality with Mello - care to elaborate?

Developing your argument, I suggest LII for Ulquiorra and ESE for Orihime.
    Yeah, Ulquiorra seems very Ij. The Espada meeting scene is a good indicator of their temperaments.

bleach__espada_by_wasudo.jpg

Bleach___Espada_by_opssmk2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Ij, Ip, Ep, Ij, Ip(?), Ep, Ej, Ep, Ij,Ep from left to right.

Near and Mello just seem ILI-SLE, compatible yet incompatible. They roughly get the way the other thinks and there is a constant power struggle between the two of them which Mello openly acknowledges and states while Near never openly acknowledges it yet participates in it anyway and never removes himself from the situation. LII is Se-polr and would probably run the opposite direction from that kind of situation and refuse to work with Mello, but Near actually accepted the offer quickly.

Overall, Mello just seems very Ep (Se)...

2bbc35ab8133511aa250d1639d81bb17.jpg

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ij, Ip, Ep, Ij, Ip(?), Ep, Ej, Ep, Ij,Ep from left to right.

Near and Mello just seem ILI-SLE, compatible yet incompatible. They roughly get the way the other thinks and there is a constant power struggle between the two of them which Mello openly acknowledges and states while Near never openly acknowledges it yet participates in it anyway and never removes himself from the situation. LII is Se-polr and would probably run the opposite direction from that kind of situation and refuse to work with Mello, but Near actually accepted the offer quickly.
    Ej crossed arms had me laughing. Also, the generic Ep elbow posture resemblance strengthens our Ywach theory:

And because we're Gamma, how about this Herculean task:

Haschwaldth, Bambietta, Mask de Masculine, Äs Nödt, Bazz-B, Meninas, Liltotto, Askin Nakk Le Vaar, Candice, Cang Du (a bit obstructed but the vibe is still there), Giselle - let's try to get those Ritters covered in the same way.

Jugram Ij or Ej?
    Bambietta Ej or Ep
    Mask Ej
    Äs Ij
    Bazz Ep, I absolutely love that stance.
    Meninas Ip
    Liltotto... all I see is Beta
    Askin is painfully Ej (and the love child of Cristiano Ronaldo & Aizen)
    Candice Ej
    Cang Ij
    Giselle Ep

Venturing into further typing of those could be fun.
    Kubo Tite once said that his secret to develop characters is giving them a personality opposite to their looks, stereotype-wise (Byakuya - lofty shounen prince that turns out to be a rule-loving castle on two legs, Rangiku - tough beauty who is in fact childishly innocent and broken, Gin - sly and untrustworthy but... let me get my tissues... too late..., Sado - brutish looks that are contradicted by a pacifistic and reserved character, Ichigo - soft strawberry boy who has the heart of a lion, Unohana - displays mellow elegance while being able to out-berserk Zaraki etc).

Overall, Mello just seems very Ep (Se)...

2bbc35ab8133511aa250d1639d81bb17.jpg
    Confirmed: "manspreading" = Se

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ej crossed arms had me laughing. Also, the generic Ep elbow posture resemblance strengthens our Ywach theory:

And because we're Gamma, how about this Herculean task:

Haschwaldth, Bambietta, Mask de Masculine, Äs Nödt, Bazz-B, Meninas, Liltotto, Askin Nakk Le Vaar, Candice, Cang Du (a bit obstructed but the vibe is still there), Giselle - let's try to get those Ritters covered in the same way.

Jugram Ij or Ej?
    Bambietta Ej or Ep
    Mask Ej
    Äs Ij
    Bazz Ep, I absolutely love that stance.
    Meninas Ip
    Liltotto... all I see is Beta
    Askin is painfully Ej (and the love child of Cristiano Ronaldo & Aizen)
    Candice Ej
    Cang Ij
    Giselle Ep
    Just shows it's not 100% but still a good indicator, especially when it comes to fictional characters.

Jugram - Sexually abused as a child by his uncle, seems like a knight in shining armor type and based on his relationship with Bazz-B he could be IEI.
    Bambietta - ESFp, can tell it from just the first few minutes.
    Mask - No clue.
    As Nodt - Seemed like a messed up ILI.
    Bass B - ESTp
    Meninas - ISFp? Didn't see much of her at all.
    Liltotto - Clearly the only logical type out of the 5, might be LII.
    Askin - This is another posture of him. He definitely struck me as an Ni-Casanova type of person who would avoid all the big guys and competition to get to the ladies.
    Candice - ESTp
    Cang Du - ISTj
    Giselle - ENFp

Accuracy is fairly good imo.

Venturing into further typing of those could be fun.
    Kubo Tite once said that his secret to develop characters is giving them a personality opposite to their looks, stereotype-wise (Byakuya - lofty shounen prince that turns out to be a rule-loving castle on two legs, Rangiku - tough beauty who is in fact childishly innocent and broken, Gin - sly and untrustworthy but... let me get my tissues... too late..., Sado - brutish looks that are contradicted by a pacifistic and reserved character, Ichigo - soft strawberry boy who has the heart of a lion, Unohana - displays mellow elegance while being able to out-berserk Zaraki etc).

Confirmed: "manspreading" = Se
    Manspreading can probably be linked to high dimensional Se and possibly Role Se as well.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just shows it's not 100% but still a good indicator, especially when it comes to fictional characters.
    Indeed so. But it's astounding and helpful how even in a fictional context, typing clues are still very prevalent. On the other hand, fiction is only a mirror of reality (Tite Kubo usually has celebrity muses. Billy Idol inspired Grimmjow's design etc). That's why archetypes are easy to identify.

Some are more authentic, some are flat characters. Grimmjow: triple aggressive with Se subtype, 8w7 sx, DCNH Dominant - all very coherent. Or Byakuya, enneagram 1/6/2 combination + sp instinct + TiSe + DCNH Normalizing, perfect.

Jugram - Sexually abused as a child by his uncle, seems like a knight in shining armor type and based on his relationship with Bazz-B he could be IEI.
    Bambietta - ESFp, can tell it from just the first few minutes.
    Mask - No clue.
    As Nodt - Seemed like a messed up ILI.
    Bass B - ESTp
    Meninas - ISFp? Didn't see much of her at all.
    Liltotto - Clearly the only logical type out of the 5, might be LII.
    Askin - This is another posture of him. He definitely struck me as an Ni-Casanova type of person who would avoid all the big guys and competition to get to the ladies.
    Candice - ESTp
    Cang Du - ISTj
    Giselle - ENFp
    Good typings.
    Haschwalth is correct. He would even V.I as IEI I think, it's quite pronounced:

Mask with his "performer" image and flamboyance, frame of an SF, cares about the audience... SEE-Fi?
    Liltotto... Ti stoicism is there, true.
    Hamlet for Askin? Touchy-feely, drama & elegance.

Very well, we got most of the important Bleach characters covered then, niiice.

Manspreading can probably be linked to high dimensional Se and possibly Role Se as well.
    Hm... other generic stances that you noticed? Keeping it thread-related, in anime characters specifically? Death Note comes to mind again. One Piece seems particularly notorious in that regard as well. And - surprise surprise - most of their characters have IRL- prototypes, this could help.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got into Hunter x Hunter.

Killua seems like the Hiei / Vegeta Beta ST middle ground. LSI is my guess.
    Gon has the innocent naivety that made Kid Goku so compelling as a character, but he's more curious and his sense of right and wrong really only triggers when it effects someone he's close or loyal to. SLE.

A nice mirror relationship to lead its way through the show.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed so. But it's astounding and helpful how even in a fictional context, typing clues are still very prevalent. On the other hand, fiction is only a mirror of reality (Tite Kubo usually has celebrity muses. Billy Idol inspired Grimmjow's design etc). That's why archetypes are easy to identify.

Some are more authentic, some are flat characters. Grimmjow: triple aggressive with Se subtype, 8w7 sx, DCNH Dominant - all very coherent. Or Byakuya, enneagram 1/6/2 combination + sp instinct + TiSe + DCNH Normalizing, perfect.
    Whoa, I had no idea Grimmjow was based off of Billy Idol but they are awfully similar.

Good typings.
    Haschwalth is correct. He would even V.I as IEI I think, it's quite pronounced:

Yeah, it would also make Yhwach his mirage which is interesting.

Mask with his "performer" image and flamboyance, frame of an SF, cares about the audience... SEE-Fi?
    Liltotto... Ti stoicism is there, true.
    Hamlet for Askin? Touchy-feely, drama & elegance.

Very well, we got most of the important Bleach characters covered then, niiice.
    I initially thought SEE for Mask but I don't see him as a strategic type at all.

Hm... other generic stances that you noticed? Keeping it thread-related, in anime characters specifically? Death Note comes to mind again. One Piece seems particularly notorious in that regard as well. And - surprise surprise - most of their characters have IRL- prototypes, this could help.
    Unfortunately, I stopped watching One Piece back when it was on TV in the west. I've been meaning to catch up but I've been too busy, but I do remember that Zoro was 100% LSI-Se, Luffy is probably SEE and Nami LxE.

Have you watched/read Akame Ga Kill? If you have, what are your thoughts on Esdeath?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I initially thought SEE for Mask but I don't see him as a strategic type at all.
    Yes, he's difficult. ESE or IEE, then?

Unfortunately, I stopped watching One Piece back when it was on TV in the west. I've been meaning to catch up but I've been too busy, but I do remember that Zoro was 100% LSI-Se, Luffy is probably SEE and Nami LxE.
    I didn't bother watching the post-Marineford episodes properly, other than that, I tried hard to get a grip on the Japanese episodes.

Luffy - IEE. He is quite oblivious and Si-seeking. "What's going on here??" and "Freedom and dreams are more important than conquering!" said no SEE pirate ever.
    Zoro - yes. The complete opposite of Luffy.
    Nami - LSE. A world map sounds more like Ne HA. I wouldn't buy into the LIE = $$$ stereotype.
    The rest is pretty much covered in the previous list here.

Have you watched/read Akame Ga Kill? If you have, what are your thoughts on Esdeath?
    No, but I did some research. My first impression was unhealthy enneagram 8. And SLE sx. Her "list of a perfect lover" sounded like an unrealistic IEI somehow, "innocent, smiley, malleable, 100% mine". Her attitude seems aristocratic and strategical.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he's difficult. ESE or IEE, then?
    ESE seems about right.

I didn't bother watching the post-Marineford episodes properly, other than that, I tried hard to get a grip on the Japanese episodes.

Luffy - IEE. He is quite oblivious and Si-seeking. "What's going on here??" and "Freedom and dreams are more important than conquering!" said no SEE pirate ever.
    Zoro - yes. The complete opposite of Luffy.
    Nami - LSE. A world map sounds more like Ne HA. I wouldn't buy into the LIE = $$$ stereotype.
    The rest is pretty much covered in the previous list here.
    IEE for Luffy can work, they tend to look quite a lot like SEEs in fighting animes.

No, but I did some research. My first impression was unhealthy enneagram 8. And SLE sx. Her "list of a perfect lover" sounded like an unrealistic IEI somehow, "innocent, smiley, malleable, 100% mine". Her attitude seems aristocratic and strategical.
    I agree with her being a strategic type.

http://imgur.com/a/tB1yQ

The most common typings for her are SLE and LIE, sometimes EIE as well but that description of her perfect lover doesn't sound LSI at all. ESI isn't exactly smiley either and the Ijs aren't malleable, so SLE does seem by far the most likely.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Chryssie is this where I post my anime test result?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEE for Luffy can work, they tend to look quite a lot like SEEs in fighting animes.
    Yes - in our particular case, One Piece tends to feature a great amount of Gamma characters and themes. All of these villains look like they're about to set fire to the Alpha quadra (except Buggy, he's there for the fun)

That surely skews perception when typing, especially because Luffy's the protagonist who ideally should incorporate the anime's essence.
    The compelling argument for Delta: His final opponent is most likely a Beta ST, or a group with Beta values. It just fits really well. One Piece will run for another decade but I'm sure it's something Marine-related, those lads are Ti-Se all the way. Which almost makes me want to put Zoro into Delta as well (ISTp).

I agree with her being a strategic type.

http://imgur.com/a/tB1yQ

The most common typings for her are SLE and LIE, sometimes EIE as well but that description of her perfect lover doesn't sound LSI at all. ESI isn't exactly smiley either and the Ijs aren't malleable, so SLE does seem by far the most likely.
    Yep, the letter was the crucial element. As for the manga sequence: That constant smirk/grin/smile in the face of adversary - very Se+Fe. At first, I thought of LIE because of your interest, but seeing Esdeath wanting to push all limits here tells me Se-base. The way she responds to defensive behaviour gives it away, too:

esdeath typing material.PNG

Se primary will become expressive and prey on weakness to test their power. Just for the thrill of it. Te primary would rather attack deviations to see how they must (static) evaluate their own efficiency. Their way of Fi-seeking-sadism would go like "You care about this person? Good. I'll torture them systematically with the best devices on the market. Let me hear your thoughts about that."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(considering the latest Bleach chapters)
    They're still writing new Bleach??? Omg.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    They're still writing new Bleach??? Omg.
    Yes, but it's about to end. Out of the big three, there's only One Piece left Props to Eiichiro Oda's perseverance. Ideas for his type? :')

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but it's about to end. Out of the big three, there's only One Piece left Props to Eiichiro Oda's perseverance. Ideas for his type? :')
    The show seems pretty Gamma focused, but he's comfortable dabbling in other quadras (especially Beta, though it's usually vilified). Lots of Fe thrown in, regardless. Also, he knew the entire plot (at least the important bits) when he started writing it at 19, I'm told. LIE?
    SEE

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate

Alucard: LIE
    Integra: ESI-Fi... maybe
    Seras: ExE, probably ESE
    Pip: IEE
    Walter: Delta ST, I lean SLI
    Anderson: LSE
    Jan Valentine: *sigh* SLE

Still need to think about the others.
    @Joy

I think InuYasha is SLE?
    Last edited by Gypsy; 07-30-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added Jan
    Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The show seems pretty Gamma focused, but he's comfortable dabbling in other quadras (especially Beta, though it's usually vilified). Lots of Fe thrown in, regardless. Also, he knew the entire plot (at least the important bits) when he started writing it at 19, I'm told. LIE?
    Yes, Ni ego was my thought as well, all the foreshadowings... LIE makes a lot of sense. Te for productivity and the schedule he follows. Fe is the hallmark of Japanese entertainment, but I think it's more of an Ne thing in the case of One Piece (that would make Oda LIE-Ni). All the diverse arcs, characters, themes, it's all about possibility. I remembered this:

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae I like that!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I think InuYasha is SLE?
    Actually, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

I'm feeling less certain of Kikyo being SLI now. And that one boomarang girl is probably ESI. It's been SO long since I watched though.
    SEE

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

I'm feeling less certain of Kikyo being SLI now. And that one boomarang girl is probably ESI. It's been SO long since I watched though.
    Ugh, I don't even care what type Kikyo is. I don't like her either. Lol.

Sango I would say is ESI especially if Miroku is LIE. They would be good duals if Miroku wasn't such a womanizer.

It's been a LONG time since I've watched InuYasha. Apparently they've made The Final Act into anime now. Last time I tried to go back and watch it, though, I visibly cringed. I loved it when I was like 12-13 but now I see how shallow some characters are. Like Kagome. I never liked her, honestly and even InuYasha is annoying. Sango was always my favorite. Sesshy was pretty cool too.
    It's kind of like Twilight, almost... the secondary/background characters are more interesting than the main characters lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, if anyone here has seen Hellsing, I would like some input. I do think Alucard is LIE. I'm not sure about Integra. It would make sense for them to be duals, but i don't know. ESI for her seems a bit off. Hellsing is like, an extreme Gamma-ish anime.

Alucard has a pretty standard LIE smugness to him. Lol. He feeds way too much into Se HA though. Seriously, he has no idea how to utilize the proper amount of force for a situation. He's just BLAMBLAMBLAM and gets some crazy high off of fighting. The main reason I think he even stays with Hellsing is due to the fact they can put him in thrilling, Se-ish situations.

~~
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure! I wonder if I would still like it. It was my first anime (besides FLCL).
    SEE

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echidna1000 View Post
    As for The Last Airbender...

Legend of Aang

Aang - IEI
    Katara - ESI
    Sokka - ILE
    Toph - SLI
    Zuko - LSI
    Azula - SLE
    Mai - ILI
    Ty Lee - IEE
    Iroh - SEI
    Jet - SEE
    Zhao - SLE
    Ozai - SLE

Legend of Korra

Korra - SLE
    Tenzin - LII
    Bolin - ESE
    Lin Beifong - LSE
    I think Aang is an IEE. Katara... I'm not sure. ESI isn't a bad bet for her. Though I get more of a Fe/Ti vibe. Sokka I think might actually be LIE. Zuko I think is the real ESI. Mai I think is actually an SEE-2Fi maybe. Toph... LSI?

Ty Lee is EIE as FUCK. Iroh might be too. I haven't watched Avatar in some time.
    ~~
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Aang is an IEE. Katara... I'm not sure. ESI isn't a bad bet for her. Though I get more of a Fe/Ti vibe. Sokka I think might actually be LIE. Zuko I think is the real ESI. Mai I think is actually an SEE-2Fi maybe. Toph... LSI?

Ty Lee is EIE as FUCK. Iroh might be too. I haven't watched Avatar in some time.
    Aang is textbook IEE 7w6 so/sx

Katara: ESE-Si?

Sokka: tbh is both ILE and LIE because the way he's written changes by episode

Zukko: ESI af

Mai: never woulda thought SEE-2Fi but that's interesting. undoubtedly Gamma, I her

Iroh: I wanna say IEI because he's MBTI INFJ but SEI does fit... xEI

Toph: LSI-Se

Why EIE for Ty Lee? Wasn't she too ditzy for that or am I missing something? ExFx yeah, and I do see Fe and Se but EIE is still off.

from the other guy's list, Jet as SEE is SPOT ON

Azula: LIE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae I like that!
    The funny thing is... although One Piece is the most expansive, it makes the most sense and does not leave many questions open. Bleach has failed to even explain its own title, except that it is inspired by Nirvana's album
    How would you type Masashi Kishimoto (who idolizes DBZ creator Toriyama, if that is of any help) and Kubo Tite? Kubo seems Beta or Gamma, Se valuing for sure. As for Kishimoto, Alpha or Delta.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is... although One Piece is the most expansive, it makes the most sense and does not leave many questions open. Bleach has failed to even explain its own title, except that it is inspired by Nirvana's album
    LOLOLOL

How would you type Masashi Kishimoto (who idolizes DBZ creator Toriyama, if that is of any help) and Kubo Tite? Kubo seems Beta or Gamma, Se valuing for sure. As for Kishimoto, Alpha or Delta.
    Masashi Kishimoto: IEE. Naruto is so very +Fi! Constant Fi focus, yet but Se doesn't seem like a particular problem. I had to stop reading it after a while because it pissed me off so much. The right thing to do would have been to just kill Sasuke ASAP.
    Kubo Tite: Hm. LSI? Beta for sure. Fi doesn't seem like a particular problem, but he lacks Ne. The series is just WAY too damn formulaic! I stopped reading because it was that bad (and because of a severe lack of satisfying character development).
    SEE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOLOLOL
    Further research of mine has taken place, brace yourself: Kubo wanted to name the series "Black" as a reference to the Shinigami attire. But that was too boring and he used "Bleach" is a substitute for the complimentary color aka white Ughh

Masashi Kishimoto: IEE. Naruto is so very +Fi! Constant Fi focus, yet but Se doesn't seem like a particular problem. I had to stop reading it after a while because it pissed me off so much. The right thing to do would have been to just kill Sasuke ASAP.
    Kubo Tite: Hm. LSI? Beta for sure. Fi doesn't seem like a particular problem, but he lacks Ne. The series is just WAY too damn formulaic! I stopped reading because it was that bad (and because of a severe lack of satisfying character development).
    Yes, only the Beta characters are somewhat 3D - SLE Kenpachi, LSI Byakuya etc - I stopped watching after the Aizen arc (which was very Gamma and I loved it, ESI Harribel was my fave ).
    Naruto - yes, I agree. The ending was 100% stereotypical and I was disappointed, I don't recommend catching up. Although... don't trust my ILI brain, it has exaggerated expectations.

LSI for Kubo is good.

Kishimoto... IEE-Ne just like the protagonist?

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaded whore View Post
    Aang is textbook IEE 7w6 so/sx

Katara: ESE-Si?

Sokka: tbh is both ILE and LIE because the way he's written changes by episode

Zukko: ESI af

Mai: never woulda thought SEE-2Fi but that's interesting. undoubtedly Gamma, I her

Iroh: I wanna say IEI because he's MBTI INFJ but SEI does fit... xEI

Toph: LSI-Se

Why EIE for Ty Lee? Wasn't she too ditzy for that or am I missing something? ExFx yeah, and I do see Fe and Se but EIE is still off.

from the other guy's list, Jet as SEE is SPOT ON

Azula: LIE
    Iroh I think is an Beta NF. I would say IEI-2Fe perhaps.

Yeah... I think Katara being ESE-Si is good. I don't see her being ESI like, at all. Lol.

Ty Lee and EIE... "ditzy" is NTR. Anyone can be a ditz, honestly. I've encountered a couple dumb ass ILI's, even. She's probably EIE-Fe. Less tendency to Ni as much perhaps. But compare her motivations and the way she does things to Aang and there's quite a few differences.

This is MBTI, but I think the argument still stands honestly.

http://mysterylover123.tumblr.com/po...er-ty-lee-enfj

http://funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/p...ssibly-compare

Mai is pretty kickass.

Sokka... yeah. His character was kind of inconsistent.

Lul, Zuko is ESI Edgemaster ™

I don't know much about Legend of Korra, but I think Korra might be SEE.
    ~~
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, only the Beta characters are somewhat 3D - SLE Kenpachi, LSI Byakuya etc - I stopped watching after the Aizen arc (which was very Gamma and I loved it, ESI Harribel was my fave ).
    Naruto - yes, I agree. The ending was 100% stereotypical and I was disappointed, I don't recommend catching up. Although... don't trust my ILI brain, it has exaggerated expectations.

LSI for Kubo is good.

Kishimoto... IEE-Ne just like the protagonist?
    Oh, I knew long ago I'd probably never finish Naruto. There was simply no way to save it (that is, give me an ending that I would be satisfied with). I did read a summary of the end though, and I was really happy to see how Naruto ends up with. lol

And idk about IEE vs SEE for Naruto. I always thought SEE, but definitely +Fi (though in fairness he's a fictional character, not a real person, so he doesn't actually process information and therefore doesn't actually have a type, so things like that can be overlooked as author bias to some extent) and EP. There's a focus on Se for sure, but his talent is in doing the unexpected? And I could definitely see Ni ignoring. Ugh. Idk.
    SEE

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gypsy (had to mention because the stupid device I'm using has a text limit; cool username btw ) I wanna say IEI / Beta NF for Iroh too but he was really into Si comfort so that's why SEI makes sense to me too... but he was really into philosophy too (tho SEI can be too) and didn't have a problem with Se at all so... IEI =/> SEI > EIE Ya tru, Ty Lee and Aang both have the baseline "ExFx perkiness" but they use it differently so I thought they were different types in the first place. I thought ESE or SEE for her but you've convinced me of EIE-Fe (EIE-Fe is prolly the ditziest N type anyway and lol @ dumb ILIs... yeah good call at NTR because I know super intelligent Se doms etc). I like SEE for Mai too but I need a refresher for these minorish characters, like I forgot Ty Lee's aura interest and running away story lol lol his angst was overkill Barely watched Korra but agree with SEE
    Last edited by flames; 08-01-2016 at 12:09 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omfg stg did this shit not break the lines

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, I knew long ago I'd probably never finish Naruto. There was simply no way to save it (that is, give me an ending that I would be satisfied with). I did read a summary of the end though, and I was really happy to see how Naruto ends up with. lol

And idk about IEE vs SEE for Naruto. I always thought SEE, but definitely +Fi (though in fairness he's a fictional character, not a real person, so he doesn't actually process information and therefore doesn't actually have a type, so things like that can be overlooked as author bias to some extent) and EP. There's a focus on Se for sure, but his talent is in doing the unexpected? And I could definitely see Ni ignoring. Ugh. Idk.
    Naruto with his ramen + Hokage + friends is like Luffy's meat + Pirate King + nakama, it's a Delta theme (or formula, as you would put it) - generic and ridiculous as a method of typing, but kind of symbolic. Se focus is necessary for the plot. Otherwise, there would not be enough drive - a shounen protagonist who has no ambition to become something bigger would go against all rules. Also, a total pacifist would not generate the usual atmosphere of rivalry and brawl. They have to be extremely determined... which makes them look like SEEs. In fact, it's their NF idealism that creates this effect. And probably their DCNH subtypes, enneagram, instincts: An ENFp-D 3 sx/so will make sure to get that title.

I stated in the Lucifer thread recently that we can never go beyond our brain with its archetypes, so in a way, human information process does exist in stories through mirroring/projection/whatever we want to call it. It is created through usage of information elements. So, of course, there will be fragments of types. It can only be contorted by the author mixing things up which kind of happens with most popular anime heroes. Character development, layout and voice actors are factors that diversify the show even more. That way, they can appeal to a broad audience, i.e., market. One loyal fan likes Boa Hancock's ESI character (idk if that was accurate), the other likes her EIE looks, and yet another one loves the LSI voice actor, that equals thrice the cash for chapters and/or episodes, that's how I imagine it to be like. Sure, a mangaka wants coherency, but why not use all possible resources to draw in fans.

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaded whore View Post
    @Gypsy (had to mention because the stupid device I'm using has a text limit; cool username btw ) I wanna say IEI / Beta NF for Iroh too but he was really into Si comfort so that's why SEI makes sense to me too... but he was really into philosophy too (tho SEI can be too) and didn't have a problem with Se at all so... IEI =/> SEI > EIE Ya tru, Ty Lee and Aang both have the baseline "ExFx perkiness" but they use it differently so I thought they were different types in the first place. I thought ESE or SEE for her but you've convinced me of EIE-Fe (EIE-Fe is prolly the ditziest N type anyway and lol @ dumb ILIs... yeah good call at NTR because I know super intelligent Se doms etc). I like SEE for Mai too but I need a refresher for these minorish characters, like I forgot Ty Lee's aura interest and running away story lol lol his angst was overkill Barely watched Korra but agree with SEE
    He was into Si stuff, but I don't know. He was really able to feed Zuko's Ni when called for and Zuko's ridiculous use of Se never really bothered him. Nor did Se situations either. If I remember correctly, he was pretty adaptable to chaotic situations and he got along real well with Toph. Tricky, because both Ni and Si seem to be things he has no trouble stepping into and does them both well.

Aang is a little more "jaded" than Ty Lee, even though they are both equally perky but their orientation kinda shifts. Ty Lee tries to directly influence emotions though, Aang, rather, is more concerned with his internal code and guards his feelings. Sometimes this kinda puts him at odds with Katara even.

Lol. I know a very ditzy and irritating EIE and I know one that's very intelligent and well-mannered, even if I don't agree with their worldviews sometimes.

~~~~

BLACK BUTLER CHARACTERS

Ciel Phantomhive: ILI
    Sebastian: LSE, perhaps? Not sure.
    Grell Sutcliff: SEE-Se
    William T. Spears: Delta ST, prolly SLI.
    Undertaker: ILE
    Alois Trancy: Not sure? HALP
    Lizzy: EIE. Lol.
    Claude: Not sure either
    Prince Soma: ExE
    Agni: Pretty sure he's Soma's dual... LSI-Se?

Opinion on Black Butler characters welcomed. I'm still getting the hang of typing characters.
    ~~
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naruto with his ramen + Hokage + friends is like Luffy's meat + Pirate King + nakama, it's a Delta theme (or formula, as you would put it) - generic and ridiculous as a method of typing, but kind of symbolic. Se focus is necessary for the plot. Otherwise, there would not be enough drive - a shounen protagonist who has no ambition to become something bigger would go against all rules. Also, a total pacifist would not generate the usual atmosphere of rivalry and brawl. They have to be extremely determined... which makes them look like SEEs. In fact, it's their NF idealism that creates this effect. And probably their DCNH subtypes, enneagram, instincts: An ENFp-D 3 sx/so will make sure to get that title.
    Hold on, you're not suggesting that Luffy is IEE, are you? I see it for Naruto, but not Luffy. They're the same archetype though for sure, the Goku archetype. Natsu, too.

I stated in the Lucifer thread recently that we can never go beyond our brain with its archetypes, so in a way, human information process does exist in stories through mirroring/projection/whatever we want to call it. It is created through usage of information elements. So, of course, there will be fragments of types. It can only be contorted by the author mixing things up which kind of happens with most popular anime heroes. Character development, layout and voice actors are factors that diversify the show even more. That way, they can appeal to a broad audience, i.e., market. One loyal fan likes Boa Hancock's ESI character (idk if that was accurate), the other likes her EIE looks, and yet another one loves the LSI voice actor, that equals thrice the cash for chapters and/or episodes, that's how I imagine it to be like. Sure, a mangaka wants coherency, but why not use all possible resources to draw in fans.
    Totally. And Boa Hancock is definitely Gamma SF, probably ESI. I would need more of her again to decide which for sure. Omg I want to see what happens there. I'm way behind on One Piece right now. Need to catch up!
    SEE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with IEE for Aang now. That was a bad typing from a while ago. I have changed a few others.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jaded whore You love Mai because she's your dual

Aang: IEE
    Katara: ESE
    Sokka: ILE, Se role function for sure as he naturally tries to mobilize everyone and to be the "big" man but in the end it leads to ridicule because it's a weak function. Ne is his real forte and his Ti and Te are both strong.
    Toph: SLI, blatant Ip and Katara is her superviser imo.
    Yue/Suki: SEI, though Yue could be IEI.
    Zuko: LSI, look at all the weak N. When you account for his blatant Ij temperament he can only be ESI or LSI and there's no way he has strong Fe. The way he strictly obeys the hierarchical figure of his father at the start of the series is quite Beta. LSI are very uptight teachers, and notice the similarity between Zuko and Cang Du (ISTj) from Bleach.
    Mai: ILI, the edgy, gloomy and inactive Ni subtype kind.
    Ty Lee:
    Azula: LIE-Te and my favorite character, figures . Her breakdown at the end screamed Se HA; "everything needs to stop resisting me! I am powerful!" and notice how she's extremely dominant in day to day activities yet romantically she is the type to be courted? Pseudo-Aggressor. Also, her attempt at courting Chan is literally her just rambling Te facts + Ni sequence of events.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Any help with typing Casshern Sins?

Sophita - SEE is the most I've got

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IDK maybe you guys should ask R*uben M*cNew
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast