Thread: Hello Alphas!

Default Hello Alphas!

Hi guys. I'm Brian, and I'm new here. You can see my little introduction here and ask me any other things you want to know about me.

Looking forward to meeting you all

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! We could do with more ILEs. So why socionics of all things Brian? What's your story?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi brian, have you ever ran a marathon or smoked crack?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Hi brian, have you ever ran a marathon or smoked crack?
    lol Cracka - your pic makes you too scary to form part of the welcoming committee. Please remove yourself before you scare off the new guy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    lol Cracka - your pic makes you too scary to form part of the welcoming committee. Please remove yourself before you scare off the new guy.
    I would but I can't. I've already committed myself to the party and, by golly, i'm goin through with it.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I would but I can't. I've already committed myself to the party and, by golly, i'm goin through with it.
    Well, I guess if you incorporate smilies in your posts ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess if you incorporate smilies in your posts ...
    oh you don't even know... i'm a smiley using bastard.

Awesome! We could do with more ILEs. So why socionics of all things Brian? What's your story?
    Well, like a lot of people around here, I came across socionics while I was reading about trait-based psychological theories on the internet. I had read about MBTI, but I was instantly drawn to socionics because it actually made sense; all the pieces fit together logically. I like analyzing all kinds of things, including people and how they think. What intrigues me about socionics is not only its logical consistency, but that its hypotheses coincide with my own observations and hypotheses of why people act the way they do. So, socionics gives me another tool to aid me in getting into the essence of a person and understanding their thoughts, which I think I have a pretty good knack for. Also, I'm really into math, and that socionics fits within a mathematical framework appeals a lot to me too. It gives you a way to think about people in an abstracted way, and I am all about abstractions.

Hmm what's my story... well you already know I'm somewhat crazy about math. I love writing and playing music (I play the piano), and I devour all forms of creative expression. I'm pretty artistic in an abstract way. Contrary to popular belief, math allows for quite a bit of creativity and artistry -- once you see the beauty and elegance of its consistency. I guess four sentences don't count as a story. Oh well