Thread: SEI Description Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI Description Question

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    SEIs have blocked with in their super-ego. This means that they have trouble consolidating the idea of future concerns and "reliability" together. He does not believe that these concerns have any pertinence in his day-to-day concerns. Therefore, present concerns outweigh ideas and objects that do not have a "here and now" or tangible outcome. This idea of present concerns combined with the ignorance of factual matters keeps the SEI introspective.
    It's ludicrous to say SEIs can't take in facts.

What do they mean by "factual matters"?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te is just plain telling how it is, without any frills.

Basically, Te is: The apple is green. This ball weighs 10 kilo. You can notice this type of talking from nifweed especially. He just tells you fact after fact, and it is enjoyable I agree through a camera. The level of abstraction helps me. But if I knew Nifweed in real life and he was telling me about socionics, I'd be bored out of my mind. We ignore plain and straight facts and look for some information that fit into our logical system of the world, Ti.

So in effect, we ignore rote facts presented in a dry manner. I need to change that, the description there can be confusing.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post

Basically, Te is: The apple is green. This ball weighs 10 kilo. You can notice this type of talking from nifweed especially. He just tells you fact after fact, and it is enjoyable I agree through a camera. The level of abstraction helps me. But if I knew Nifweed in real life and he was telling me about socionics, I'd be bored out of my mind. We ignore plain and straight facts and look for some information that fit into our logical system of the world, Ti.

So in effect, we ignore rote facts presented in a dry manner. I need to change that, the description there can be confusing.
    Ugh, I don't know about being "facts". It's certainly not that blatant. Both and like a lot of facts. The lack of "frills" you see in is due to unvalued by users.

The Wikisocion article is too broad in saying that SEIs ignore "factual matters." SEIs don't focus on a process in action, or what the process is accomplishing, favoring a much more concrete approach to life. SEIs can certainly have a strong knowledge of facts when it interests them or when it is necessary, but don't hoard facts like NTs.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Te deals with action of something or activity of an object.

Here is an example that may help. In my film class I just started this week, my professor is ENTj. He started the class by showing a picture of a racing horse with it's jockey as the subject. Basically depicting they are in first place, as you can see other horses trailing behind.

So he asked what is happening in the picture. Some gave responses, and others were confused where he was going with this. Well he asked one girl who I typed as either ISFp or INFp, leaning towards ISFp, before class started. Well she said it looks like the horse is suffering. And the ENTj fired back, mocking her a bit, how could you know that by looking at the horse? And she said "By looking at its facial expression, I can tell if an animal is suffering." And he said, mocking her some more, "So do they talk to you too, and tell you this also?" And she wanted to say "Yes" but kind of trailed off, as not to want to start a confrontation. I interrupted this as a polr hit, and she did not want to start an arguement because the professor was in a higher position and did not want to draw the matter out in front of everyone.

Now I found her respone cute, but the professor was clearly bothered by it. In that he kept coming back to her on it way after we had moved on.

This is an example of Te vs Fe. His Te looked at the action in the picture and he saw there is no evidence of a horse suffering. When the girl said suffering his thought process, Te, checked all possible definitions of suffering while examining quantifiable "symptoms" of suffering. All the references, Te, in his head ruled out there was any suffering taking place. But he responded by mocking her, and using sarcasm because he was forced to use his role function. He was bothered that he may have missed something, but his Te will always win out because he is confident in Te.

He even made a statement at one point saying "These horses are bred to race, and they love racing."

In short, Te is looking at an object and making conclusions about or defining the action of the object based on an outside source or reference (you can say facts). On the other hand, ISFp being Fe creative look at the actions of something and try to find some emotional state in the object or in themselves. By the way can lead to personifying innanimate objects. What is meant by "ignorance of factual matters" is decisions or opinions the ISFp makes will be based on an emotional state. On what their Fe sees. In my example above, the girl in my class was ignorant to facts that no where was it stated, written, or evident the horse was suffering to come to that conclusion. To her the emotional state she saw in the horse was just as valid. The ENTj could not accept this information because he does not value it. Neither of them is wrong though, they just conflict.

But this dude was a total wind bag. He could of said most everything in a different way, to make things simpler. This is a film class. But he started the class about going into horses, and that horses are not native to America. And why the ancient Olympic games were designed to help soldiers practice for war. Not to mention he would define every single word in cases where his meaning was obvious. But not define "complicated" words when, for some reason, he decided to decribe something simple in a complicated way.

Like he asked a question to the class, "Why were native americans birth rates low?" Again what the fuck does this have to do with film? He then says because America had few lactating animals. And like half the class was like "Uhh?" I knew what he was talking about. But the manner he decribe that, and then went to talk about fertility rates in women, was just very Te. I think he could of gave an answer to help with the understanding a bit better. Instead of saying lactating animals, he could of said animals that produce milk like a goat or cow. Then go straight into why that affects fertility rates.

Then on we finally got into film. He put up a definition of film. And the first definition he showed said "a thin layer or coating." I wanted to scream "Come the fuck on dude!" And went on for 5 minutes about that definition too! His actually definition of film as what the class is about very technical to say the least.

Whoa wrote a little more than I thought I would. Anyway he had my Ti screaming for the duration of the class. I was thinking in my head "get to the point," or "you don't need to know this to understand this," and "this piece of extra information you are throwing in can be left out the topic you brought up."
    Last edited by ScanDave; 05-01-2008 at 11:13 PM.
    ILE

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. This makes sense.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great way of putting it ScanDave. That story about the girl and your professor seeing different things in the picture was a perfect example.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post

Couldn't be bolded things easily be a description of Se, as an information aspect at least (external statics of objects)?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Couldn't be bolded things easily be a description of Se, as an information aspect at least (external statics of objects)?

Se blocked with Ti in my opinion.

And thanks Chopin! Anytime.
    Last edited by ScanDave; 05-02-2008 at 06:19 AM.
    ILE

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I has a fakt.

An introvyrt fakt.

introvyrt fakt: A more awesomer version of the truth that consists of the shiniest parts of your sensory intakes.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the time I'm more interested in the "why" than the "what"...I wonder if that's part of it.