...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Goal of Fe and Fi

This is not a rip-off from Logos' thread, but it inspired me.

What do Fe and Fi types aim for; what are their ambitions and goals?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think life goals can be attributed to functions. I do think, however, that functions aim for certain things in their day-to-day experience. I can only speak for Fe, though. To me, the goal is to enjoy the external emotional atmosphere. If I'm in school, it's always fulfilling to be with a few other friends in class, exchanging jokes and making the most out of the energy flow. If I'm by myself, I may listen to music to manipulate my mood. I think it's primarily about keeping that external flow of energy going smoothly and minimizing "inactivity."

When I say "life goals," I mean the goals in themselves. For example, I am not studying to become a personal trainer because I value Se, or some bullshit like that. BUT, part of the enjoyment I have derived in the past from training people, or assisting them with exercise knowledge, is being able to experience it in an Fe way, kind of transfer my energy into them and create a bond. So, I know that once I begin seriously training people, the interpersonal aspect will be fulfilling for me.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares about Fe and Fi. I'm more interested in Fo and Fum.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Who cares about Fe and Fi. I'm more interested in Fo and Fum.
    LOL, and tell me again why you're not ENTp?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe to me is being able to care for people, affect them positively, hopefully make a difference in someone's life. That's what I love about music - it's ability to affect people's emotional states. I love playing for that reason. If I don't transmit what I'm feeling effectively, then my performance is a failure as far as I'm concerned. Though I wouldn't say that performing is my life ambition though. It's effect is too shallow and temporary.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."