Thread: ISFps describe yourselves

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFps describe yourselves

I've asked a couple of ISFP's to describe themselves. Fortunately they haven't been indoctrinated by socionics and therefor they can still describe themselves in their own pure words without fancy terminology.

Their descriptions are always something like:

I'm normal
    I'm simple

It's like they try to say they are average. The first thing that comes to my mind is, who is average or normal if there are 16 different types... Everybody is special in some kind of way, but the ISFP doesn't seem to have found their uniqueness.

I wonder, do ISFP's on this forum also describe themselves in terms as normal/simple etc?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - I've described myself like that. Not as normal (lol), but simple - yeah. In the past people have questioned my motives in doing/saying certain things - trying to work me out - and I think 'why all the analysing? I'm not that complex.' I don't mean that in a self-depreceating way though ... It's just a certain way of operating I think. I mean I often don't think about things before I do them - it's just a spontaneous decision, or I just act on a whim of the moment. That's why I describe myself as simple. There's often no thought processes behind my actions. I just feel, act, speak ... so it's frustrating sometimes when people try to get behind why I act a certain way - if I think about it long enough, sure - there'll probably be some subconscious motivation there - but honestly, off the top of my head I can't tell you why. Cause I can, cause it's there, I just felt like it ...

Btw, I'm talking about everyday little occurences, not life's important decisions :-)
    Last edited by Rubicon; 04-30-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO WAY!!!!

I embrace my eccentricities, always have

But then again I'm a weirdo. What's the point of being Alpha if you can't be at least a little out there?!?!

I do however have weirdness issues with taking compliments. It feels...wrong.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not simple at all anymore, sorry. I've been so indocrinated.

and i'm weirder than you bee, i know it.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I read on some type description that SEIs like to stay in the "middle" of social situations, and try to stay away from polarizing rhetoric, as theoretical discussion is wont to be. Also, I've noticed that SEIs tend not to give too much information away about themselves unless under stress. Does this fit in with the "simpler" descriptions y'all are talking about?

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your Lewis quote Riddy. I would shout it from the rooftops if I thought it would do any good. :-)

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I love your Lewis quote Riddy. I would shout it from the rooftops if I thought it would do any good. :-)
    Thanks, Chopin. I like it too.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Creepy-bg

I'm freaky-deaky

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might depend on whether they're E-9 types or E-4 types. E-4 types (which tend to be Fe-subtypes) like to be seen as original/special. E-9 types (usually Si subtypes) tend to want to be more in the middle and seen as "normal". They like to fly under the radar.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - I've described myself like that. Not as normal (lol), but simple - yeah. In the past people have questioned my motives in doing/saying certain things - trying to work me out - and I think 'why all the analysing? I'm not that complex.' I don't mean that in a self-depreceating way though ... It's just a certain way of operating I think. I mean I often don't think about things before I do them - it's just a spontaneous decision, or I just act on a whim of the moment. That's why I describe myself as simple. There's often no thought processes behind my actions. I just feel, act, speak ... so it's frustrating sometimes when people try to get behind why I act a certain way - if I think about it long enough, sure - there'll probably be some subconscious motivation there - but honestly, off the top of my head I can't tell you why. Cause I can, cause it's there, I just felt like it ...

Btw, I'm talking about everyday little occurences, not life's important decisions :-)
    exactly. also the spontaneous thing is very common. I don't think, just go. that's something i've often heared an ISFP say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I'd say "normal with a twist" is what most ISFps like to be.
    ISFp <3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of this makes perfect sense and is perfectly consistent with you being an ISFp. But it is also totally logically incomaptible with being an Enneagram type 4. And you should realize that fact.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    NO WAY!!!!

I embrace my eccentricities, always have

But then again I'm a weirdo. What's the point of being Alpha if you can't be at least a little out there?!?!

I do however have weirdness issues with taking compliments. It feels...wrong.
    But this reveals to complete misunderstanding of what it is like to be an Alpha SF type. And it is clearly incompatible with being an ISFp, if it is a typical attitude of the person behind the words.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    That's odd. I would have expected them to describe themselves as strange, unique, weird. They've always had this "I want to be different" vibe to me.
    Then you have completely misunderstood what an ISFp is like. Read some type descriptions. Maybe a lot of your supposed ISFp friends are mistyped by you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Might depend on whether they're E-9 types or E-4 types. E-4 types (which tend to be Fe-subtypes) like to be seen as original/special. E-9 types (usually Si subtypes) tend to want to be more in the middle and seen as "normal". They like to fly under the radar.
    No. All ISFps are E-9s.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    exactly. also the spontaneous thing is very common. I don't think, just go. that's something i've often heared an ISFP say.
    Yes, and it is also typically E-9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Then you have completely misunderstood what an ISFp is like. Read some type descriptions. Maybe a lot of your supposed ISFp friends are mistyped by you.
    Mmm, I beg to differ. Most ISFps I know, myself included, love being 'unique and different'. We don't need to be different to the extent that we want to be the center of attention- in fact, I don't even like being THAT noticeably unique. But we'd rather die than be honestly, plainly average.
    ISFp <3

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I am not simple at all anymore, sorry. I've been so indocrinated.

and i'm weirder than you bee, i know it.
    I don't care Kam, you're my kind of weird

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatik View Post
    Mmm, I beg to differ. Most ISFps I know, myself included, love being 'unique and different'. We don't need to be different to the extent that we want to be the center of attention- in fact, I don't even like being THAT noticeably unique. But we'd rather die than be honestly, plainly average.
    Okay, then you are probably mistyped too.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, I feel the same way. I want people to notice me, but I don't like being the CENTER OF ATTENTION.
    Okay, then you are probably mistyped too.
    We're too stupid to type ourselves correctly.

My god Phaedrus, ISFp people are the epitome of weirdness. Everyone knows it and says it. If you believe that MBTI and socionics types are the same, have you read the MBTI description/personal growth section of ISFP?

http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP_per.html

directly from the page:

Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in ISFPs are due to their dominant Feeling function overshadowing the rest of their personality. When the dominant function of Introverted Feeling overshadows everything else, the ISFP can't use Extraverted Sensing to take in information in a truly objective fashion. In such cases, an ISFP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
    * May be unable to see the opportunities inherent to a situation
    * May perceive criticism where none was intended
    * May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
    * May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
    * May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
    * May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
    * May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
    * May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
    * May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it

* May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
    * May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
    * May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
    Right there is proof of the ISFp's eccentric-ness. I and others agree with this entirely.

http://phaedrus.justgotowned.com/
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    We're too stupid to type ourselves correctly.
    Yes, some of you actually seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    My god Phaedrus, ISFp people are the epitome of weirdness.
    You have sinned, my son. How dare you speak such nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir
    Right there is proof of the ISFp's eccentric-ness. I and others agree with this entirely.
    If you actually read what is said there and try to understand its meaning, you will realize (hopefully) that neither is it said, nor is it meant, that ISFps want to be weird and unique. All three of your bolded parts suggest that ISFps come across as weird only by "accident" so to say, especially the last part of the third bolded sentence. ISFps are very normal people by any standards. They are a bit lazy of course, especially intellectually, and they can be artistic. But they are totally different from 4s, and all of them are 9s.

An ISFp type 3 is a contradiction in terms. If you are not a 9, you are not an ISFp. It really is that simple.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you actually read what is said there and try to understand its meaning, you will realize (hopefully) that neither is it said, nor is it meant, that ISFps want to be weird and unique. All three of your bolded parts suggest that ISFps come across as weird only by "accident" so to say, especially the last part of the third bolded sentence. ISFps are very normal people by any standards.
    This is true, we are weird by accident. I would like to relate this tale to you of my youth.

In elementary school, people didn't want to be my friend because I was "weird." I obviously wasn't trying to alienate people, but it ended up that way on "accident."

Yes, you could say we are very normal people when calm. I can say that about myself. But when we get excited and agitated(relatively easily), we say a lot of things that would be considered eccentric. And because of our Ne seeking function, we love new and interesting ideas/clothes/music etc. We enjoy knowing that we are eccentric, because it marks us as different than other people.

I really don't see how that is contrary to ISFp.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @ Phaedrus for coming in and marking our papers.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a beaut.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    All of this makes perfect sense and is perfectly consistent with you being an ISFp. But it is also totally logically incomaptible with being an Enneagram type 4. And you should realize that fact.
    I never entertained the idea of being a type 4. You're mixing us all up my friend. I was originally thinking 2w3 - now I'm thinking 9w8 might be a possibility.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never entertained the idea of being a type 4. You're mixing us all up my friend. I was originally thinking 2w3 - now I'm thinking 9w8 might be a possibility.
    I am not mixing you up. I know that you have identified with type 2, and questioned my claim that all ISFps are 9s. But haven't you also lined up with those other "ISFps" who have claimed that it is quite possible for an ISFp to be a 4? Maybe I got that wrong; there are so many ISFps around these days, popping up like ants from an ant hill after the appearance of the big anteater Bionicgoat the Cannibal.

Anyway, it is good that you are now contemplating the possibility that you might be a 9 after all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus, you're stubborn but you actually kinda make me laugh.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus, you're stubborn but you actually kinda make me laugh.
    Yeah, it's weird - sometimes I sort of feel almost affectionate towards him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's weird - sometimes I sort of feel almost affectionate towards him.
    Me too! I don't understand it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too! I don't understand it.
    Lol - we are leaving ourselves wide open with these comments...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol - we are leaving ourselves wide open with these comments...
    Totally, I have no love.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to insult him, but then I thought better of it. Mostly I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Oh wait..........