I was just thinking about the case of King Midas, who among other things, was cursed by a golden touch (of his own request) and ass' ears. This in turn reminded me of Diogenes the Cynic, who had as biting a cynicism as can be found in history. I asked myself, how might cynicism manifest in light of Model-A?

A cynic is doubtful the world will improve come what may. This seems counter-intuitive given what we know about Model-A. Raising the perceived content level of a producing function raises the level of its acceptor, thus creating an expansion of the function's awareness and with it, a sense of self-accomplishment. What if a person lacked, due to a factor of the mind/brain, the ability to observe the rise in a function's level? That is, what if they lacked the ability to compare the memory of the previous state with the new state, and thus were unable to deduce an improvement in the function's level? Such a person would be by definition a chronic cynic.

Further deductions may be made, also. For example, negativize the observation of a function's rise, and things seem to be getting worse rather than improving. (a recipe for pessimism) By the same token, observation of the increase as we normally expect to experience it, creates a sense of optimism and hope.