Thread: Introversion/Extroversion in Socionics, MBTI, and other typing systems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introversion/Extroversion in Socionics, MBTI, and other typing systems

How much does introversion/extroversion from the big 5 theory and the Myers-Briggs theory correlate to socionics introversion/extroversion?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see similarities. I think that it is possible that all three are talking about the same thing essentially.

Creepy-Cyclops

I think they're more or less on about the same thing. The E/I scale is something that a lot of teh real psychologists think holds true

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    How much does introversion/extroversion from the big 5 theory and the Myers-Briggs theory correlate to socionics introversion/extroversion?
    100 % correlation. They are all talking about the exact same phenomenon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok the thing is I've heard instances of introverted socioinics types "being" extroverted MB types however in those cases I'm betting it was due to a lack of understanding of introversion.

There are a lot of people who TEST AS Myers-Briggs extroverts when really they aren't even according to the Myers Briggs theory.

And of course there's also the possiblity of ambiverts although I personally don't know enough about that to say anything about it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. They correlate.

You calculate the class of your phitype :
    If you're an Introtim, you're an introvert if your phiclass is strictly negative (-3 to -1) ; otherwise (0 to +3), you're an extrovert.
    If you're an Extrotim, you're an extrovert if your phiclass is strictly positive (+1 to +3) ; otherwise (-3 to 0), you're an introvert.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introversion and Extraversion are defined as the same in MBTT,because they're related to the function, but the MBTI version of things is utter shite. You can be 76.235% Introverted and 23.765% Extraverted. As for FFM, I had no idea Extraversion/Introversion was even a dichotomy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok the thing is I've heard instances of introverted socioinics types "being" extroverted MB types however in those cases I'm betting it was due to a lack of understanding of introversion.
    Yes, it is definitely an example of people not understanding what introversion really is.

Quote Originally Posted by theMime
    There are a lot of people who TEST AS Myers-Briggs extroverts when really they aren't even according to the Myers Briggs theory.
    Yes, and the situation is exactly the same in Socionics. You are not necessarily the same type as your test result indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by theMime
    And of course there's also the possiblity of ambiverts although I personally don't know enough about that to say anything about it.
    No, there is no such possibility. You are either an introverted type or an extraverted type. It is irrelevant how much you identify with one or the other, and it is also irrelevant how obvious your inclination is or how much you express it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    If you're an Introtim, you're an introvert if your phiclass is strictly negative (-3 to -1) ; otherwise (0 to +3), you're an extrovert.
    If you're an Extrotim, you're an extrovert if your phiclass is strictly positive (+1 to +3) ; otherwise (-3 to 0), you're an introvert.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

If you are an Introtim, then you are an introvert. If you are an Extratim, then you are an extravert. PERIOD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Introversion and Extraversion are defined as the same in MBTT,because they're related to the function, but the MBTI version of things is utter shite. You can be 76.235% Introverted and 23.765% Extraverted. As for FFM, I had no idea Extraversion/Introversion was even a dichotomy.
    You absolutely cannot be. That is a total misunderstanding of MBTT on your part.