Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 67

Thread: people who are hard to type

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default people who are hard to type

    I think there are a few reasons for people being hard to type, one of which is neurosis/psychosis. Some argue that it is easier to type someone with a personality disorder because certain types are inclined to certain disorders. I do think this CAN be true... however...

    Even there's the discorder that "belongs" to each type, any type can have any disorder. When people are hard to type, it's because they have been molded by their environment to be something different. There are chemical issues too... like low dopaimine or seratonin, which will cause certain disorders in people regardless of type... I, for example, thought I was either INTp, ISFp, ISTj a few years back when I was still really depressed (looking at the corresponding Oldham types that is).

    Not that I'm implying that all people who are hard to type had disorders. What I'm getting at is that when someone can't figure out they're type it's because their environment rewarded a certain behavior which was not one of their first two functions. I think this can lead to a lot of frustration, a low self of self worth, and (at the VERY least) confusion about one's true identity.

    I also like my graph idea... picture a graph. At the left and right are the two subtypes and at the top is mental wellness and at the bottom is the type's corresponding personality disorder. I was thinking though that maybe the top should be self-actualization since the middle of the graph should be "normal" rather than "halfway psychotic".
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: people who are hard to type

    =)

  3. #3
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another reason why some people are hard to type is because some people try to type by analyzing functional preferences instead of using type descriptions. I'm telling you, THIS IS A BAD IDEA!!!

    Another reason why some people are hard to type is because Socionics is a relational theory, which means that types are most important in relationships and social interactions. It is much more difficult to type a lonely person than a person immersed in social interaction.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Another reason why some people are hard to type is because some people try to type by analyzing functional preferences instead of using type descriptions. I'm telling you, THIS IS A BAD IDEA!!!
    I disagree 100%. Do you think a man born in a traditional Arab culture would match the description for an IxFp? Or do you think a female ENTx would sound like the type description we have if she had been born in the colonial US? Maybe these examples aren't the best, but you get the idea.

    Circumstances vary too much in a person's environment to ALWAYS use descriptions like those. Not everyone in the world fits into one of the 16 descriptions you know! Every sane person should, however, have functions that are ordered as one of the 16 functional analyses.

    Someone with extreme circumstances in their upbringing most likely won't appear to be a stereotypical "type", and are likely to appear more like another type than most people would be.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    =)

  6. #6

    Default

    I donít like any of the theories. I donít like biased little dolts that run around claiming that one personality theory is better than the next. Personality theory is like religion, we all worship the same God under a different name.

    Is this unrelated? I donít care. I just needed to get that out. Thanks.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Again, socionics is not a personality theory.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8

    Default

    Ok then what is it?

  9. #9
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An interpersonal relations theory. MBTi is a personality theory.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you gilligan.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11

    Default

    Joy you forgot to tell me what Socionics is.

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what he said... that's why I thanked him
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    Creepy-

    Default

    If I'm not coherent it's because I'm inebriated. Extreme stress and expectations both internal and external could make someone hard to type as well. the end

  14. #14

    Default

    It's all the same. We put it under diffrent names becuase it's human nature to hold one thing above another.

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol It's the mysterious drunken stranger. You're an ENTp aren't you?

  16. #16
    Creepy-

    Default

    The world will never know. . . 'cause I'm in that stressed out hard to type category

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *sighs*
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So basically, you're ENTp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    >: |

    go read my "NOT EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW THEIR TYPE" thread
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20
    Creepy-

    Default

    and i'm not a stranger, guess who i am, hahahahahaah!

  21. #21
    Creepy-

    Default

    uh, nevermind.

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *raises an eyebrow*

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    =)

  24. #24
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    An interpersonal relations theory. MBTi is a personality theory.
    Is it not both? I just call them cognitive function theories but whatever lol. Splitting hairs and it tickles you know where.

  25. #25
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Another reason why some people are hard to type is because some people try to type by analyzing functional preferences instead of using type descriptions. I'm telling you, THIS IS A BAD IDEA!!!
    I agree. (we're both Te-ing)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  26. #26
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Explain pleaz0rs? Im not really following what either of you two are trying to say without second guessing over either of you.

  27. #27
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    When people are hard to type, it's because they have been molded by their environment to be something different...
    I really doubt it. It's very hard to pretend you are smth else. It can be done, deceiving people of your true nature, but only for a short time; it requires a gigantic concious effort to keep acting different than your natural predisposition tells you to.

  28. #28
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Explain pleaz0rs? Im not really following what either of you two are trying to say without second guessing over either of you.
    People type by saying stuff like, "oh, he's into cars and muscles, that's definitely strong ". Then they miss the whole picture of things, and what's worse is that they are typing people based only on theoretically deduced properties of Model A.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  29. #29
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  30. #30
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    could that not just as easily be a hidden agenda or a suggestive function, role, whatever?
    Or not attached to any specific function whatsoever? The important thing is to look at the motive behind the action. Cars and muscles are 1. socially expected for guys and 2. something that supposedly gets you laid.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  31. #31

    Default

    Exactly Cone.

    Kind of like the recent thread claiming I'm not INTp, because I am too "emotional". I show too much Fe. Another really bad example of trying to type by function alone. Though it can be useful it is really quite useless when used alone.

  32. #32
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree 100%. Do you think a man born in a traditional Arab culture would match the description for an IxFp?
    I actually do know a lot arab guys straight from their homelands who fit the IXFp description quite well (the www.socionics.com description).

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I type people by trieng to guess their first functsion. When I get to know what it is, I can amaze people. There are many people who I have never met in the internet, but I have described their personalities and relationships so that they have asked if we know each other. One ENFj girl with who I chat in rate.ee said to me that she has nothing to add, I described exactly how she thinks. People from the same type are so similar that they are familiar even if you don't know them before. And thanks to model A I can empahtize to their problems.
    Semiotical process

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Exactly Cone.

    Kind of like the recent thread claiming I'm not INTp, because I am too "emotional". I show too much Fe. Another really bad example of trying to type by function alone. Though it can be useful it is really quite useless when used alone.
    That's obviously a horseshit, because how can you say if someone is "emotional or not" if there is no "emotional contact" on this or any other forum (face to face). All you can do is to add emoticon to imply you emotional state (what a great choice of moods). Hearing someone's voice over the phone could help, but did anyone see a goddamn phonebooth in here?

  35. #35
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i admit that sometimes i wind up piling on the with people online. especially if i'm jokiing about something (which god, it totally ruins the joke to have to be like )
    Are you on Dimetapp again, cos I couldn't understand a word you just said

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another reason why some people are hard to type is because some people try to type by analyzing functional preferences instead of using type descriptions. I'm telling you, THIS IS A BAD IDEA!!!
    True, true.
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  38. #38
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Explain pleaz0rs? Im not really following what either of you two are trying to say without second guessing over either of you.
    People type by saying stuff like, "oh, he's into cars and muscles, that's definitely strong ". Then they miss the whole picture of things, and what's worse is that they are typing people based only on theoretically deduced properties of Model A.

    Oh okies. I agree then. Thanks for the redefine =D

  39. #39
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    okay, I NEVER said that people should be typed based on one occurance of one function. I have always looked at the overall picture as well.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer
    That's obviously a horseshit, because how can you say if someone is "emotional or not" if there is no "emotional contact" on this or any other forum (face to face). All you can do is to add emoticon to imply you emotional state (what a great choice of moods). Hearing someone's voice over the phone could help, but did anyone see a goddamn phonebooth in here?
    Our voices do come through. I listen. I've been a listener all my life. You are right there is no phonebooth, you are right there is no face to face. But I still listen to what little IS there. So do others. I wont use it to type anymore, people react terribly when they hear how they come across. When someone tells me how I come across I take it with stride and try my damndest to acknowledge what they hear. Megan has said she's caught on to my defensiveness. She was right. Topaz said he caught on to my innability to distinguish good and evil. He was right.

    It's just a forum, and the ability to listen is limited. You are right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •