View Poll Results: Which of these is plausible for me?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si/Ne

13 68.42%
  • Se/Ni

0 0%
  • Fe/Ti

5 26.32%
  • Fi/Te

6 31.58%
  • Alpha

9 47.37%
  • Beta

0 0%
  • Gamma

0 0%
  • Delta

16 84.21%
  • NF

12 63.16%
  • NT

0 0%
  • SF

9 47.37%
  • ST

0 0%
  • EJ

0 0%
  • IJ

11 57.89%
  • IP

8 42.11%
  • EP

5 26.32%
  • Other (please specify)

1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Hypothetically speaking

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hypothetically speaking...

I have a favor to ask of you guys. The recent thread on model forum members got me thinking. I certainly don't regard myself as a model of my proposed type, but I want to ask you a question and get responses as honest as you can make them. Recently, I've become kind of ambivalent over myself as an INFj. Not in the sense that I want to reject the idea completely. On the other hand, I don't want any reassurances either (though if you feel if INFj does fit, feel free to say so). Basically, the question I put to you is this:

Judging from whatever contact you've had with me, what seems out of place for me as far as being INFj?

My reason is asking is that I'm looking for secondary types or ideas to consider in my search, since day after day I realize I know less and less. Also, feel free to critique me or any sort of perceived flaws I seem to have in approaching socionic concepts, if any of you have noticed anything. That could also come in handy.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Judging from whatever contact you've had with me, what seems out of place for me as far as being INFj?
    Nothing so far.

My reason is asking is that I'm looking for secondary types or ideas to consider in my search, since day after day I realize I know less and less. Also, feel free to critique me or any sort of perceived flaws I seem to have in approaching socionic concepts, if any of you have noticed anything. That could also come in handy.
    I like it how truthful you are to yourself . That's something I respect in others a lot. I always strive to be like that myself. (And I have big problems with people who are not. I can give you an example if you wish)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Nothing so far.

I like it how truthful you are to yourself . That's something I respect in others a lot. I always strive to be like that myself. (And I have big problems with people who are not. I can give you an example if you wish)
    Haha, why not? Shoot.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, why not? Shoot.
    Like, just recently, I had a quarrel with my mother about something totally obnoxious. She was very angry at me for showing my real feelings for a gift a received. She says I should always smile and say thanks when receiving a gift from someone and that I should say I like it very very much if asked. Which is what I did at first actually, before these people insisted to know whether i really like it and if they had chosen the right thing. I think they expected some sort of emotional reaction (like the one my mother would have given... she would often go as far to say that it's precisely what she needed and been looking for... lying of course) Anyhow Then I slowly, step by step, revealed my true feelings about the gift itself and their "act" of giving it to me. I told them precisely why I didn't quite like it (because they asked) and why they didn't have to buy it. (i was just answering their questions, basically) I also said that I am thankful for the attention and that it's not a problem that I don't like it....

According to my mom, I should have just pretended that I like it very much, which to me means that I will also need to pretend that I think they bought it because they are good people and they like me... so they can pretend they are glad I like it, when they don't really give a fuck, and so on and so forth... but what's the point of so much pretending?

Part of the reason it came out this way was also the fact that these people are not people who are close to me(/us) and have bought the present only because my mother bought something for their kid earlier. But it just happens that I really don't give a flying fuck for this type of social interaction and I hate people who constantly wear masks and I don't care if my mother thinks that "saying what you mean" is inappropriate, vulgar or whatever. But it hurts when she's attacking me with this.
    Last edited by Park; 04-28-2008 at 05:01 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, why not? Shoot.
    You identify well with many of the concepts, thoughts, etc. of other INxjs and the IJ temperament in general. But your approach approach with and between people is far more tactful and mediating than LIIs, and you seem to be able to read the connections and assess the bonds between people fairly well on this forum.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    You identify well with many of the concepts, thoughts, etc. of other INxjs and the IJ temperament in general. But your approach approach with and between people is far more tactful and mediating than LIIs, and you seem to be able to read the connections and assess the bonds between people fairly well on this forum.
    I believe you 're answering(quoting) the wrong question.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you 're answering(quoting) the wrong question.
    You're right.

This would be the more appropriate quote to match with my response.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a large manly jaw and tanks for arms... how could you possibly have Se PoLR?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a favor to ask of you guys. The recent thread on model forum members got me thinking. I certainly don't regard myself as a model of my proposed type, but I want to ask you a question and get responses as honest as you can make them. Recently, I've become kind of ambivalent over myself as an INFj. Not in the sense that I want to reject the idea completely. On the other hand, I don't want any reassurances either (though if you feel if INFj does fit, feel free to say so). Basically, the question I put to you is this:

You sound like me.

If I were you I'd have private conversations with people who show interest in discussing your type. A sure thing for this are individuals that have member type lists on the wiki. Through interaction with them if anything you will at least enrich your understanding of socionics. Then I would talk to representatives of different types, just randomly contact people that strike you as being representative of a given type and ask them personal questions. Find out what kind of relations, contact you have with these people. This will also help you learn about socionics but will give you a practical way to test your assumptions about your type. For example, if you contact a conflictor and have instant great contact that would show that there is something wrong with your current type assessments.

At least, that is what I am doing.

@Winterpark: A way around this, for myself, is to actually thank them for the sentiment. Like, they give you a piece of crap you don't like but you say "thank you for the gift" not for the gift itself, but for the act of giving the gift. That way you don't feel as if you lack integrity. However, this fails if you don't like the sentiment, as seems to be the case for you.

But anyway, complete agree with your sentiments there.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    You have a large manly jaw and tanks for arms... how could you possibly have Se PoLR?!
    Type refutation, !

@logos: I had forgotten about that. Good point.

@sneg: That's not a bad idea. For some reason I don't seem to have contact with any of the people on the forum who made those lists, except for niffweed or Ashton on the stickam chats, and even then not good one on one contact. I've chatted with quite a few others though and generally got on well with everyone: a handful of INFp's, Elro (whom I've kind of bombarded with fusilade after fusilade of PMs, poor guy), cracka (but who wouldn't get along with cracka??), tereg, and the list goes on. I have some innate aversion to Ashton. He seems to me at times to come across as too blunt or inconsiderate, though it's hard to knock him since I know him so little really.

@Winterpark: That situations sucks and I can see where you're coming from. Sneg's advice in that department is pretty good. A good deal of tact seems to be saying what you can with sincerity. It's sort of a way of putting things into a different perspective, though admittedly you can't say everything you think. On the other hand, it's very hard to fault you for that, as I seem to do the opposite in my life. I'm very honest to myself, but when it comes to others I think the biggest reason I come off so quiet is that I have a habit of omitting so much. It's not that I lie, but I allow silence to trump truth.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw you pissing up with cracka on stickam the other night and i think its pretty likely your INFj. Even your original post on this thread is splattered with Fi i think. That being said you do seem different to the one INFj i know likely due to higher confidence but i think your shell is the same (if that makes any sense)

I haven't like totally disbanded ENFp yet tho but i would say INFj > ENFp (especially with your self report).

Funnily enough i also wasn't seen as a model of my type and ive been here for a few years now lol. I am certianlly a strange one though and i im never going to doubt my own type.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen nothing that would make me doubt INFj.
    And you have that (overly?) tactful way of communicating which I associate with good hearted delta NFs.
    LSI

Creepy-Cyclops

The picture on stickham. You don't have what's regarded as a typical INFj build. I tend to go with faces. INFj is one of the few I VI really well. And that guy - presumably you - is total INFj to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delta NF at the very least. And I agree - tactful good hearted delta NF communication.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the reason it came out this way was also the fact that these people are not people who are close to me(/us) and have bought the present only because my mother bought something for their kid earlier. But it just happens that I really don't give a flying fuck for this type of social interaction and I hate people who constantly wear masks and I don't care if my mother thinks that "saying what you mean" is inappropriate, vulgar or whatever. But it hurts when she's attacking me with this.
    Haha funny story. I will be totally honest with you and say i am the bullshit master in this type of situation. Im happy to lie my arse off about liking presents because it keeps the peace. I dont even really like presents, since i grew up i haven't been given a present ive really liked. Material goods just bore the hell out of me generally, if i wanted half this stuff i would just buy it. Clothes funnily enough are the closest thing ive really liked because i hate clothes shopping very much. I just see it as too painful to tell my mum that i didn't like the knicknacks she buys me. Its not really gonna help her buy me a better present next year i dont think.

Also i think that people do care sometimes (perhaps not in your situation though) if the present is liked by the other person. I lied about getting the Ewan Mcgreggor and Charlie Borman book from my aunty last time. Funnily enough when i read the book i actually really enjoyed it and i told her about it and she seemed genuinely happy that i liked her book.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell so far, I don't see a lot that would say you're not INFj. That last paragraph, the ideas and assumptions and perspective contained in it, in fact, is very much along the lines of how I think. It makes so much sense to me. (I could actually rant a little on that idea, but I'll restrain myself.)

The differences between you and other INFjs, like me, I believe can be attributed simply to individual differences. Perhaps there may be subtype differences, but I can see you fitting well within the INFj boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Funnily enough i also wasn't seen as a model of my type and ive been here for a few years now lol. I am certianlly a strange one though and i im never going to doubt my own type.
    Meatburger, I think you make a terrific example of an ENFp.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I like you, but I don't read your long posts very much anymore, partly because you'll develop this long meandering idea and explanation, and then after reading two sentences from an alternate viewpoint you'll completely readjust it. It's like you're agreeing with everyone at once, even when the viewpoints don't mesh at all. It was frustrating, and you're a real nice guy so I didn't want to be frustrated with you.

You also however do the Fi speak thing. I see no reason why you can't be an INFj(Ne). Now I'm going to watch an episode of Sliders with my oldest, and I'll read the thread later.
    Hmm, I can imagine what you're getting at. I know I purposefully try to reconcile other viewpoints, but perhaps I do this less well than I had thought. Usually it seems to me that there are misunderstandings, poor word choice on my part, semantic differences to refer to something more similar than other people may be aware of, etc that can be cleared up. Instead maybe it comes off as more pandering or bad Ti use. Do you remember any specific times when this has been particularly glaring? If you don't that's fine too. I appreciate your honesty.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you, but I don't read your long posts very much anymore, partly because you'll develop this long meandering idea and explanation, and then after reading two sentences from an alternate viewpoint you'll completely readjust it. It's like you're agreeing with everyone at once, even when the viewpoints don't mesh at all. It was frustrating, and you're a real nice guy so I didn't want to be frustrated with you.
    Hehe, paradoxical thinking stemming from the attempt to understand all viewpoints and explore the evident possibilities. It happens to me, too.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Hehe, paradoxical thinking stemming from the attempt to understand all viewpoints and explore the evident possibilities. It happens to me, too.
    I do this aswell all the time. I dont actually think its paradoxical thinking most of the time either. Its quite possible for two viewpoints to be both partially right.
    Last edited by meatburger; 04-30-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bump*

I dont want to be responsible for killing his thread
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    *bump*

I dont want to be responsible for killing his thread
    I'll post here... I do it quite a bit.

*thread is deceased*

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    lol

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be easier to say the things that you're probably or most likely not. ST is highly unlikely, followed by NT imo. I have a hard time seeing you as anything but an ethical type. I believe you to be Si/Ne rather than Ni/Se. NF is most likely, but you could be an alpha SF. Delta and alpha are the most likely quadras for you imo. There's that goofy playfulness that is associated with both. NeFi/FiNe still seem more likely than SiFe/FeSi, but in the Ne realms. Way deep in the realms of Ne.

You also however do the Fi speak thing. I see no reason why you can't be an INFj(Ne). Now I'm going to watch an episode of Sliders with my oldest, and I'll read the thread later.

hey diana, do you feel the same way about Ti as you do with Ne? Sort of readjusting and seeming to agree with things that are different from one another?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read somewhere the claim that intelligence is the ability to hold two conflicting ideas in your head at the same time... :wink:

If muenori is shooting for a synthesis that is greater than either of the two original ideas then I don't see any reason for complaint.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    I read somewhere the claim that intelligence is the ability to hold two conflicting ideas in your head at the same time... :wink:

If muenori is shooting for a synthesis that is greater than either of the two original ideas then I don't see any reason for complaint.
    Now that you mention it, that reminds me of the gifted classes I was in from grade school on. We always had the Bloom's Taxonomy thing on the walls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom%27s_taxonomy

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are EII but I voted a possible SEI too cause its the only other type I could see you as. But....I don't think you are SEI- you have a good understanding of people and situations and seem to know what to do or say to make the situation better. I don't think that is Fe, as some on this forum have suggested. That's just good people skills.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes Diana, I agree with your indirect ass kissing of yourself. You are indeed one of the forum members that are least likely to contradict themselves. That is a positive quality with you and even though we got off on wrong footing, you should feel proud of that trait.

But....I don't think you are SEI- you have a good understanding of people and situations and seem to know what to do or say to make the situation better.
    Who are you talking about? The OP or Diana?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

Who are you talking about? The OP or Diana?
    Oh, I was talking about Munenori. Never talked to or about Diana in this thread.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is that I like you, mune, and I believe that you're INFj.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your sense of humor is pretty classic (male) INFJ
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other (please specify)
    I, for one, think that you are not any of those options, but rather something other instead.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er, anyways... You remind me of my sister, and I'm quite confident that she's EII. It's possible that I'm seeing something that's not type related, but it seems unlikely. It's also possible that I've mistyped her, but that seems even more unlikely.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Er, anyways... You remind me of my sister, and I'm quite confident that she's EII. It's possible that I'm seeing something that's not type related, but it seems unlikely. It's also possible that I've mistyped her, but that seems even more unlikely.
    OMG ! wow, I just noticed you have almost 20,000 posts!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I lost a few thousand when we transferred to this forum for some reason. I also think I lost some during the mass deletion. (Did post counts change because of that? I don't recall.)

So anyways, in a way that makes me the biggest loser on the forum, if you look at it from the perspective of there being an inverse relationship between post count and how much of an irl life one has.
    SEE