Thread: When different temperaments get super stressed or depressed

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When different temperaments get super stressed or depressed.

This is only a theory, feel free to expand on it or whatever.

EJ: When an EJ gets super stressed and starts freaking out, (s)he acts like the worst negative stereotype of an EP. When (s)he gets super depressed, (s)he acts like an IP, except completely lacking inner harmony and a reasonable level of functionality.

IJ: When an IJ gets super stressed and starts freaking out, (s)he acts like the worst negative stereotype of an EP. When (s)he gets super depressed, (s)he acts like an IP, except... depressed.

I attempted to write ones for EP and IP, but I don't think my descriptions were working. Does someone else want to give it a shot?

Anyways, my theory is that one is unlikely to act like even a bad stereotype of their dual's temperament when they're unhealthy.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When EPs and IPs get super depressed, they act like the worst negative stereotype of an EJ, except completely lacking external awareness and a reasonable level of supervisory skills.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i get depressed, i often do nothing at all except think and wallow in my misery.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I get on the internet when I'm depressed. Or listen to music or go for a run or something.
    It depends on what's upsetting me.

But when I'm stressed I typically do nothing. Usually I sleep my stress off. I'm not a very stressful person, actually.
    take a nap when you're stressed - that sounds kinda funny

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah.. it's relief-ful
    People choose to be stressed, imo

If something is bothering you, make it go away or just don't let it bother you anymore.
    Works with everything, I promise.
    I prefer doing something active if I want to forget about something. Otherwise if I'm just lying there, there's nothing to distract myself from the thoughts I'm trying to get away from.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.
    My problem is I have too many distractions from the those thoughts.
    I really should be more stressed really, because right now I couldn't care less about anything and that's pretty scary.
    You're lucky, I guess. That you actually think about the things that bother you.

I fucking sleep.

And that doesn't solve anything.
    I wish I was more stressed about school like everyone else. Then I would study and do well, but I still don't do shit.

Oh well.
    I guess if you're not stressed about school, then you're not too bothered about it. Isn't that right?

Creepy-Cyclops

Things concern me without me getting stressed, often the sort of stuff a lot of other people would really stress out about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    This is only a theory, feel free to expand on it or whatever.

I attempted to write ones for EP and IP, but I don't think my descriptions were working. Does someone else want to give it a shot?

Anyways, my theory is that one is unlikely to act like even a bad stereotype of their dual's temperament when they're unhealthy.
    if the stressors are mostly internal, i'll probably appear shut-down. like, suddenly my self-calming mechanisms are disrupted. i stop moving and feel as if i almost hold my breath.

if the stressors are mostly external, i may appear high strung/goal-oriented for periods of time -- striving to get tons of work done, most likely not actually getting much done, but appearing busy and energetic.

to summarize, when healthy, i naturally self-stim. it's when the stimming either stops or becomes misdirected that something's generally awry.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really have any comment on the theory...however I can add input?

When I get depressed I'm usually with-drawn only in the sense that I don't give insight as to what is going on in my head...however I want to be around people anyway.

People who get to know me can tell when these things are going on inside my head. Good example being Peter, he used to tell before I knew what was wrong with me. "C'mon Kelly...out with it...*gets more persistant until i finally started talking*" my other best friend christine (ISFj as far as i am concerned) could do the same pretty much, but in a different way. she'd know i was depressed or upset when i'd get quiet and start watching this one video called "faces of death". it was a series of extremely gory anime clips put together to the song "dead bodies everywhere" by korn. lmfao......."oh god your watching that again, what the hell is wrong now?"

not many other people close to me have been able to really recognize it....my family i guess saw me at my worst but it was painfully obvious i was depressed because i was camped out in my bedroom all the time, lol. plus i was raised by beta who wouldn't notice my version of depression probably.

and patrick (entp) didn't notice either. i guess he and my family were looking for a Fe way of being depressed.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm depressed I don't care about anything. The part of me that does care is deeply buried under thick layers of indifference and apathy... such that I can see this part of me, but I can't feel or reach it. I go between feeling profound sadness and feeling absolutely nothing at all. I don't care to do anything, and I sit in one place even more than usual, my mind slowly cycling around similar things over and over... repeating itself... and I can't pull myself away. My thoughts slow... the day drags... I start to notice that other people are "acting differently around me", when really it's that I'm acting differently and so they are responding accordingly. When I notice this is happening, that's when it hits me that I've become very depressed... I can become rather hostile when depressed, because the part of me that cares is "turned off". I remain quiet, even more quiet than usual, but if someone irritates me, I might glare at them. In general I want everyone to go away and leave me alone so I can dwell in my negativity, as a cycle that re-creates itself over and over again. Everything is hopeless and there is no reason to do anything at all, so I do nothing. All sense of creativity and inspiration has run dry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever i'm stressed, I sometimes don't even notice it until after it passes. Usually,i'll simply write about it or get it out of my head somehow, mostly in the form of a Myspace blog or ranting about the situation to whoever'll listen. I'ts most often me going on and on about the situation for an hour or two; I NEED that or I become so wrapped up in what's bothering me I can't think about anything else. As far as I can tell most people don't mind.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, depression is usually realized as an acute awareness of my total lack of . I know that sounds overly socionic, but it's completely true. I all can think is that everyone I know or have ever known has no affection for me, and that I will never experience closeness to another human. I guess I typically act pretty IJ when I'm depressed.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJs- Get bossy, become ideological game theorists, aggressively defensive

EPs- Vanity+9999, believe everyone is evil so backstab/gossip mercilessly

IJs- Lose confidence in the real world and take solace in work/hobbies, perhaps becoming a workaholic as result

IPs- Renovate their living quarters into a sensory deprivation chamber and lock themselves inside
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    oh god... this is exactly like some IJ I know... reading this really struck a deep pain inside of me for them... agh... I must go comfort this person as soon as possible... I must, I must
    Are you being serious?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very. (: it hurt to read it.
    =/

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what?
    nvm (on behalf of the Mime) :-p

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely get very stressed or depressed. When I do, it normally takes the form of inertia, which is somehow psychologically engraved. I lack the ability to do anything, and becoming totally apathetic. I just sit and insult or argue with people. This rarely happens to me though. It did happen for a while quite often when I was fifteen or sixteen, but I've learned a few strategies to fight against it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ezra
    I just sit and insult or argue with people
    hilarious haha

sounds like my SLE friend actually
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    hilarious haha

sounds like my SLE friend actually
    yah that's like my SLE-Se roomate too! he fucking slanders my football team to piss me off, MY FOOTBALL TEAM (AC MILAN!) that cunt! lol
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    yah that's like my SLE-Se roomate too! he fucking slanders my football team to piss me off, MY FOOTBALL TEAM (AC MILAN!) that cunt! lol
    sometimes he'll just say shit that isn't even true! like tell me i smell like things and look like shit. i could be looking my best and it wouldn't matter he'd make up some sort of insult. he doesnt even feel that way, he'll SAY he does but he doesn't you can just tell. i just look at him and tell him he doesn't even mean that and he shrugs and says, "suit yourself" and i say, "i do." and then we chuckle and everythings alright.

OR

he keeps being gay and i'll start insulting him back for fun.

later on if you ask him why he was doing that he'll barely remember, or act like he doesn't remember. and then you ask if he mean't it and SURPRISE "naaah" *eyeroll*
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    sometimes he'll just say shit that isn't even true! like tell me i smell like things and look like shit. i could be looking my best and it wouldn't matter he'd make up some sort of insult. he doesnt even feel that way, he'll SAY he does but he doesn't you can just tell. i just look at him and tell him he doesn't even mean that and he shrugs and says, "suit yourself" and i say, "i do." and then we chuckle and everythings alright.

OR

he keeps being gay and i'll start insulting him back for fun.

later on if you ask him why he was doing that he'll barely remember, or act like he doesn't remember. and then you ask if he mean't it and SURPRISE "naaah" *eyeroll*
    lol me and my roomate use FIFA on playstation as the mutually agreed upon outlet where one's masculinity is to be justly determined and in FIFA there's a lounge mode that keeps track of the games and wins/losses played against eachother and one time I was kicking his ass so brutally that he suddenly got up, said something like, "THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT FUCK THIS SHIT" and threw the controller and left the room so I just waited for the game to finish so I could register my win... then suddenly, right when it was finishing, there was like a power surge and the playstation reset and MY WIN DIDN'T REGISTER GRRR!!!! and later that night I found out that the appartment's electrical box (or whatever those things are called that control power) was in the kitchen and realized that that FUCKER had flicked the switch for the living room after he left to make sure I couldn't win and to top it off he spent like 2 weeks playing dumb and trying to get me to buy in to some elaborate hoax whereby the weather was to blame!!!!! GAHHHHHHHH
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been a super stressed person. Everything stresses me out. It usually develops into bad depression. I'm so used to it so i don't really bother doing much to get out of it besides taking lots and lots of tranquilizers. Tranquilizers make me happy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJs- Lose confidence in the real world and take solace in work/hobbies, perhaps becoming a workaholic as result

IPs- Renovate their living quarters into a sensory deprivation chamber and lock themselves inside

quoted for truth.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we're going by this, I most identify with EJ. I take it out on everyone else. Very rarely do I retreat and withdraw. It makes things worse for me. I normally like to talk (errr, BITCH) about my problems to a select few people and i feel much better afterwards. I never withdraw when stressed or depressed. I do the exact opposite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argh. Yes. Very much so.
    Although I very rarely get stressed or depressed ... and by now, I have figured myself out to the point that I can pretty much just ride it out, which attitude saps most of the strength of the anxiety or depression merely upon recognizing said state in myself. I just tell myself, "Oh, well, this probably won't last long, and it's been a while since the last one, so let it be."
    ... But it never happens until I'm alone anyway, so I can totally see the part about the deprivation chamber. I could *not* just let it be if I had to be around others. It would be kept tightly under wraps, no choice about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    quoted for truth.
    welcome back!!!!! i'm flattered but nothing I write should ever be quoted for truth lol
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but come on, admit it. Football is shite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Yeah, but come on, admit it. Football is shite.
    NEVER!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!
    INFp-Ni