INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dane Cook

did you guys say he was estp before?

quotes:

On his childhood: "In school I was pretty quiet. Kinda shy until my junior year. But at home I was a freak. ... I was not a silly kid or outgoing. In fact, I suffered from quite a bit of anxiety. I used to have panic attacks when I was a teenager, really incapacitating moments, because I had some phobias. ... I grew up very self-loathing. I was a phobic. I had anxiety. I had panic attacks." - Dane Cook

I say it with my tongue firmly planted in cheek but there's truth to it - being a comedian is very close to being a therapist. When you're working smaller clubs, you're listening. You're feeling an energy, you're going with a tone but when people start yelling out, you almost start a conversation with people. ... I always thought that if I got no love at all early in my standup career, or I was god awful, I thought I'd get into psychology.

If you use tact you can say anything, then make it funny.

I am an observer, I like to watch people. I am into psychology and people - how they act and such. ... I've always read books and loved human behavior since I was ten or twelve years old. Maybe even that's why I wanted to do comedy.

I do try to keep my show very improvisational. I don't work off a set list; I like to keep it more in the moment. I like to have information about where I'm going, what might be happening in that particular region as well. I like for people to feel like the show is for them.

As a comedian, I am obligated to tell you the truth, my truth. To share with you my beliefs, my perspective. And I think that we forget sometimes that that's the oath that comics take, that we will go up and share everything - the irreverent, the scary.

I have new ideas every day, and I always want to take on new challenges. ... When I first hit the scene, it was just a lot of go, go, go, go, go. I have a lot of natural energy anyway, but it was over the top.

I feel like I was born and bred to stay self-motivated. I'm not one of those people who ho-hums and feels sorry for himself when something's bad.

I'm completely ecstatic when a woman has own back story and brings something to the table and has a real strong kind of independence.

Anger has a way of seeping into every other emotion and planting itself in there.

I always wanted to be a snake. Every time I saw a snake on TV. I'd always say 'Why not me?'

There's always someone in every group of friends that nobody likes.

When people refer to 'Back in the Day,' it was a Wednesday. Just a little fun fact for you.

Last edited by silke; 08-07-2015 at 04:08 AM. Reason: updated w videos

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw the advert for that fucking Good Luck, Chuck, I wanted to rip his smug little face off.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems more Si/Ne valuing, so probably ENFp
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    seems more Si/Ne valuing, so probably ENFp
    yeah i felt like his routines seem that way. I thought he VI'ed ESFj but yeah. People here think ESTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i saw some more footage of him today...

i think he's Fe dominant, yo.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely LOVE him. LOVE HIM. I think we're soulmates. There's no chance in hell he's ESTP. None.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    When I saw the advert for that fucking Good Luck, Chuck, I wanted to rip his smug little face off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    He's pretty hilarious, Good Luck Chuck sucked though.
    That fucking movie sucked!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    That fucking movie sucked!
    yes, yes it did...

I agree with EXFp for Cook.
    Last edited by JuJu; 08-07-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi ENFp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus the reason we are soulmates.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pity. he is probably the most awful comedian i have ever watched. it's irrelevant and panders to stupidity. "Hey it's okay to be stupid cause this guy is a huge idiot. hah haha hahahaha." no offense jess but he is just terrible.
    asd

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i watched Viscious Circle and million and one times with the stupidest grin on my face.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't going to say anything, but I think he's terrible too. He's tolerable on TV. I don't think I could be around him in person though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuA6j1WYR0

I think i watched Viscious Circle and million and one times with the stupidest grin on my face.
    aw, well.
    asd

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel kinda ashamed admitting this, but he acts somewhat like me when I'm with close friends, or drunk... Not during his routine, but when he's being interviewed normally.

I'm not sure how to take it that two ppl have told me that I look/remind them of this guy... I'd like to think that I don't come across this way.

Regardless, Dane Cook has one of the typical Fi-ENFp looks... Jake Gyllenhall has it too.

With Dane Cook, it's tough to tell where ENFp ends and where ESFp begins... Definitely a Fi subtype.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why that's a bad thing. Different opinions I guess but I can't understand how people couldn't enjoy him. I'd say he's better than Goldblum and that equates to Dane Cook = God.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why that's a bad thing. Different opinions I guess but I can't understand how people couldn't enjoy him. I'd say he's better than Goldblum and that equates to Dane Cook = God.

better than Goldblum!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!!!

I feel better now

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I absolutely LOVE him. LOVE HIM. I think we're soulmates.
    Come on, you're just saying that because he's so hot. I don't blame you, god I'd tap that shit so fast and hard myself... he's too lustful not to be any person's dream, but do you TRULY, REALLY like his ideals & heart missy? =D

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel kinda ashamed admitting this, but he acts somewhat like me when I'm with close friends, or drunk... Not during his routine, but when he's being interviewed normally.
    Why are you ashamed about that? It's a natural turn-on for many people. =/ *ahem*

I agree though I suppose there's a time & place for it, if he always talked like that (which is a show of course so no, he doesn't lol), but luckily he's an entertainer so I'll never get to like him as a person and I can always objectify him because he makes a sex symbol out of himself, really.

Any vids of him just doing a laid-back interview or something?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no vids but i remember reading an interview where he seemed quite traditional in terms of family and faithfulness

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I sensed right away he was more of a homebody. Many, many entertainer types are.

Traditional though? I think he's homely by nature but I can't really picture somebody that tries to be that hot as having chaste morals for example. It just clashes... Why does he have to try to look so hot and have a nice body, just to sell his show? Blah I hate that, they should rely on natural talent and not appease our hormones all the time. =D

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post

I'm not sure how to take it that two ppl have told me that I look/remind them of this guy... I'd like to think that I don't come across this way.

Regardless, Dane Cook has one of the typical Fi-ENFp looks... Jake Gyllenhall has it too.

With Dane Cook, it's tough to tell where ENFp ends and where ESFp begins... Definitely a Fi subtype.
    You do sort of look like him...i'm thinking back to the video you posted and I can see it. Definetly not a bad thing.

And Bullets, he has a whole bunch of interview type shows on his website danecook.com. His show sold out here so fast I didn't have time to think.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the best looking comedian.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched one of his shows a couple hours ago, and I have to say he's an ESTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ENFp. He's kinda like the lead singer of the red hot chili peppers.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if he's ENFj, but maybe I'm just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I was wondering if he's ENFj, but maybe I'm just wrong.
    You are.

You are.
    Stop it.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^lol!

Cook is Fi-ENFp, an annoying one.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    I think he's ENFp. He's kinda like the lead singer of the red hot chili peppers.
    LOL!!

Are you serious??

Cook is one of the most blatant betas alive.

(Some of you aren't improving at Socionics at all... It's like you're sniffing glue and then throwing lawn darts to decide someone's type... ENFp is a HORRIBLE typing for Dane Cook... Makes me think you have never even seen one. Compare with Michael J. Fox, a real ENFp.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you may be right, he may be ENFj. He's not ESTp. But look at this:

yes, yes it did...

I agree with EXFp for Cook.
    LOL!!

Are you serious??

Cook is one of the most blatant betas alive.

(Some of you aren't improving at Socionics at all... It's like you're sniffing glue and then throwing lawn darts to decide someone's type... ENFp is a HORRIBLE typing for Dane Cook... Makes me think you have never even seen one. Compare with Michael J. Fox, a real ENFp.)

Wow, the most blatant beta alive you mean?! Damn.. wonder why it wasn't so blatant to you earlier. Oh wait, it's because you've improved at socionics! And now you've left the rest of us in the dust throwing lawn darts and sniffing glue. Damn I must be fucking retarded to you... God I feel so inferior.. It's almost like I wasn't meant to be born or something. Such a bad feeling inside ..
    Last edited by crazedrat; 05-18-2009 at 08:05 PM.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps

Dane Cook is EP as shit. His interaction with Alba (Se-ESTp) is super-ego> activity. Friendly, but definately not of the same quadra.

Compare Dane to Ne-ENFp Aaron Eckhart below.

Different levels of maturity and intellect, I'm sure, but Dane as Eckhart's identical makes a hella more sense than identity with Dennis Hopper, Ben Gibbard, etc.

Delta Duals. Girl is Te-ISTp > ISTj.

Fi-ENFp works.

Obnoxiousness is not a type or quadra. I highly reccomend JuJu update his stereotypes.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 05-19-2009 at 03:24 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did improve... I'm wondering why no one else seems to be improving.

I can help you out, you know, if you really want to get better at it.

Admittedly, I was not good at this for a long time... I mistyped myself as Delta when I was Beta... I flirted with every have-assed Socionic based system out there... I was trying to get at the truth, but due to various factors, wasn't getting there.

But ultimately I did improve. I got it.

It took a lot of work.

I'm posting here still b/c this system, Socionics, is amazing... It works, and it can change peoples' lives... I want to help people get it right.

First step is: Dane Cook is not delta... He is overflowing with Fe... Compare with Michael J. Fox, who is Fi. ENFj vs. ENFp lesson.

BTW, DeAnte, you are fucking horrible at this at the moment... Almost everything you post is wrong... It's b/c yu've mistyped yourself. You are ISTj. When you realize that you will get better.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeAnte, your Socionics skills have eroded to the point of being laughable...

Do you see how well Cook and Alba get along? It's b/c they are activity relations. ENFj-ESTp activity relations.

Do you see how (comparably) un-animated the dude who plays two-face is vs. Dane Cook??? That's b/c two face values Fi and Cook values Fe.

You need to start over and learn Socionics from scratch. You are off, posting bullshit like crazy, and it's making ppl here at this forum retarded.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeAnte, why would JuJu be typing him by "obnoxiousness"? Is there a reason to think this?

I only saw one video of him (I knew nothing else of him before that) and my thought of "I'm wondering if he's ENFj, or Beta" had nothing to do with a perceived obnoxiousness. In the one video I saw I didn't even see him as obnoxious or make any subjective judgments about him. (This isn't to say I don't sometimes make subjective judgments, but there weren't any in this case.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deante ISTj.. That would make you two duals. Do you feel the love?

Alba being Se-ESTp and Dane being ENFp-Fi would make that interaction superego, not quasi-identity.
    Okay, I'm not sure on Danes type. I'll let you two argue about it.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 05-18-2009 at 10:21 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would make you two duals. Do you feel the love?
    Yeah, he's my dual... I do like him a lot actually... I'd hang out with him if he lived around here... I'm just calling him on his bullshit. (Someone needs to, lest people who understand Socionics even less than he does skip with him down the path to nothingness.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, DeAnte, you are fucking horrible at this at the moment... Almost everything you post is wrong... It's b/c yu've mistyped yourself. You are ISTj. When you realize that you will get better.
    I agree, in his VI sample there was like 80 percent incorrect. Dane Cook always struck me as ESTp even though his comedy perhaps appeals to some deltas.... I always had the ESTp vibe from him. Just saying.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deante ISTj..
    No.

That would make you two duals. Do you feel the love?
    So would ENFp.

Alba being Se-ESTp and Dane being ENFp-Fi would make that interaction superego, not quasi-identity.
    Yeah, I made the post in a rush before leaving the house for work in 5 minutes, when I later realized my mistake, I wasn't able to access a computer and edit that post til now, lol. Seems to be quite a bit of that going around lately.

The eyes and mouth on all those samples are basically the same.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 05-19-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeAnte I object to your deeply rooted VI philosophy. I further object to saying forcemyhand and Clint Eastwood look somehow similar.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    DeAnte I object to your deeply rooted VI philosophy. I further object to saying forcemyhand and Clint Eastwood look somehow similar.
    I would object less if he was batting even .500 w/ VI... but he's butchering it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast