Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: Napoleon Dynamite

  1. #1
    Creepy-ms kensington

    Default Napoleon Dynamite

    hahahahhaha

    did anyone try to type these characters?

  2. #2
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    =)

  4. #4
    Creepy-heathiep

    Default

    if you look at napoleon's brother's voice it sounds like a weak version of john goodman, at least his character in the big lewbowski. maybe i'm nuts

  5. #5
    Creepy-heathiep

    Default

    LOOK AT HIS VOICE.

  6. #6

    Default

    I can't see ANYTHING.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jon Heder

    http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3826...on%20(I)&seq=2

    is some kind of INFp but the character he plays is rather an INTj

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I loved this movie...I'm always growling, "GOSH!!" now.

    I think Napoleon and his brother were both ISTJs. Maybe there N and F traits were heightened though due to having a possibly ENFJ grandmother raising them.

    Err I think she was their grandmother.
    Polly
    ENTP

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why do you people find that movie interesting?

    I never saw it, and all the gimmicks they have out now, that everyone believes to be funny, are really kind of..... base.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mean................


    Is there anything out of the ordinary about it?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, there is. It depicts a quentisential dorky kid where other movies depict the quentisential "depressed/outsider/tough guy" or "jock/popular" guy.

    And some of it is funny. I have to admit, the first time I saw it, I was nearly bored to tears, but the second time it was at least mildly funny. I think you have to have an outside perspective on the "awkardness" that he shows; lots of INTj's lack that.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love this movie! how can one not think it funny. Can I find out more about being an ISFp....help me out here.
    enjoy being!

  13. #13
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Post in Alpha Quadra; there are a few resident ISFps.

    As for figuring out what it's like, well, you know better than anyone.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am not trying to figure myself out but learn more about ISFps...whats your type?
    enjoy being!

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Yeah, there is. It depicts a quentisential dorky kid where other movies depict the quentisential "depressed/outsider/tough guy" or "jock/popular" guy.

    And some of it is funny. I have to admit, the first time I saw it, I was nearly bored to tears, but the second time it was at least mildly funny. I think you have to have an outside perspective on the "awkardness" that he shows; lots of INTj's lack that.


    That, and I'm judging it before I really know what itis or is about. That's another common INTj arrogance thing, I think.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There was something incredibly sweet about the movie and kind of showed how we all have our strengths.

    Its the whole non-conformist thing I think. I just enjoyed seeing how different Napoleon was yet ended up being accepted and he didn't have to change to do it.

    Do you think maybe the Napoleon character was a bit autistic?
    Polly
    ENTP

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    There was something incredibly sweet about the movie
    It's LaFawnduh isn't it?

  18. #18
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The hanging mouth thing Napoleon does is a physical characteristic of INTps (and perhaps INFps also). I would say without a doubt that Napoleon is INTp (perhaps with a mix of ENTp), if only because I remind some people of him.

    I think so many people pass off the movie as completely stupid because it's so non-verbal in its communication to the audience, thus it's more difficult to see meaning in it during the first viewing.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    The hanging mouth thing Napoleon does is a physical characteristic of INTps (and perhaps INFps also). I would say without a doubt that Napoleon is INTp (perhaps with a mix of ENTp), if only because I remind some people of him.

    I think so many people pass off the movie as completely stupid because it's so non-verbal in its communication to the audience, thus it's more difficult to see meaning in it during the first viewing.
    I had no trouble appreciating this movie the first time I saw it. I was laughing really loudly in the theater, and pretty much everyone else didn't know what the fuck was happening. It made it even more funny.

  20. #20
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Post in Alpha Quadra; there are a few resident ISFps.

    As for figuring out what it's like, well, you know better than anyone.
    lol, resident ISFps sounds almost like Resident Evil

    ....And now on Alpha showing..... Resident ISFps - The Apocalypse!

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Yeah, there is. It depicts a quentisential dorky kid where other movies depict the quentisential "depressed/outsider/tough guy" or "jock/popular" guy.

    And some of it is funny. I have to admit, the first time I saw it, I was nearly bored to tears, but the second time it was at least mildly funny. I think you have to have an outside perspective on the "awkardness" that he shows; lots of INTj's lack that.


    That, and I'm judging it before I really know what itis or is about. That's another common INTj arrogance thing, I think.
    i don't think so. at least, assuming that i am intj, i don't think intjs judge things before knowing what it is about. they probably have preliminary opinions, but would leave a lot of room for revision until they actually get some evidence, have something real upon which to base opinions. could be the Ne? maybe it makes intjs reluctant to lock down an opinion, close off potential alternative interpretations, if the question is still open and lacking evidence either way?

    intj arrogance is more about being certain of one's own logical train of thought over someone else's. it's not about persisting in beliefs that are based on speculation.

  23. #23
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Napoleon Dynamite

    I watched it on cable last week. It was boring, except for the part where Napolean danced.

    Napolean Dynamite: INTp Ni subtype
    Pedro (Napolean's best friend: ISTp Te subtype
    Deb (Napolean's love interest): INFj Ne subtype
    Kip (Napolean's bro): INTj Ne subtype
    Uncle Rico: ENTp Ne subtype
    Summer Wheatley (the popular girl): ENFj Fe subtype
    Don(the bully and Summer's boyfriend): ESTp Se subtype

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't seen this one.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am kip?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i am kip?
    Only if you're Napoleon's brother, apparently.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

    "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

  27. #27
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,626
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Napolean Dynamite

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I watched it on cable last week. It was boring, except for the part where Napolean danced.

    Napolean Dynamite: INTp Ni subtype
    Pedro (Napolean's best friend: ISTp Te subtype
    Deb (Napolean's love interest): INFj Ne subtype
    Kip (Napolean's bro): INTj Ne subtype
    Uncle Rico: ENTp Ne subtype
    Summer Wheatley (the popular girl): ENFj Fe subtype
    Don(the bully and Summer's boyfriend): ESTp Se subtype
    Napoleon Dynamite: ENTp
    Pedro Sanchez: ISTp? INTj?
    Deb: ISFp
    Uncle Rico: ESFp
    Rex: ESTp

    As for the rest, no idea. I suppose INTj makes sense for Kip. Lafawnduh had an ESj kind of vibe. Specifically the eye-fucking thing.

    Rex and Rico are caricatures of Se-dominants, Rico being the get-rich-quick ESFp entrepreneur. Given Rico's type, it is unlikely that Napoleon would be INTp, his dual. INTp is actually what I thought first for Napoleon, but ENTp makes a lot more sense. He uses Se in an exaggerated Role-like way ("skillz"). Compare:

    "Everything I'm doing is perfect, isn't it?"

    vs.

    "You're doing this and this wrong, you're hopeless!"

    Definitely a Positivist.

    As for Deb, . Strong Si.

  28. #28
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    richard (isfp) loves napolean dynamite

    i don't quite get everything he finds so great about it
    but i do find it amusing how often he quotes napolean in various settings
    also how often he lookes for shows that the actor is in

    i'd agree with entp over intp easily
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  29. #29
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kip is my favorite.

    I'm confused about Uncle Rico, I thought he was ESXj or something.

  30. #30
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESFp for Rico works for me.
    Kip, good 'ol Kip is also my favorite.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  31. #31
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    richard (isfp) loves napolean dynamite

    i don't quite get everything he finds so great about it
    but i do find it amusing how often he quotes napolean in various settings
    also how often he lookes for shows that the actor is in

    i'd agree with entp over intp easily
    <3 Jon Heder (the guy who acted as Napolean Dynamite) I like him too and I love the shows he was in eg. School for Scoundrels. I think he is an ENTp. Two videos of him promoting his latest movie "Blades of Glory" (also starring Will Ferell):

    Jon Heder - Blades of Glory red carpet
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MV_6CbLFNo[/youtube]

    Will Ferrell & Jon Heder talks about "Blades of Glory" (note the look-a-like relations )
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz7n4RL-6KE[/youtube]

  32. #32
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't help it but post the video of the dance. It was so cute!!!!! :
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsZy2425eY[/youtube]

    When Bill Gates meet Napolean Dynamite (ENTj vs ENTp )
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YktZkyx4wtM[/youtube]

  33. #33
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm rewatching this and Napoleon is like the biggest ILI ever! Do you know he reminds me of? niffweed! In demeanour, voice and even - to some extent - looks . I knew I'd seen the niff emotionlessness somewhere.

  34. #34
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    His voice reminds me of Ashton, lmao.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  35. #35
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahahahahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •