Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSIs/ISTjs being passive and procrastinating

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs/ISTjs being passive and procrastinating

It kinda surprised me when I first found out, but aren't most LSIs pretty passive? They all say they're so lazy. They don't like doing the dishes, they barely clean their room, they procrastinate and postpone things... Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, yeah, they do sometimes get very active and high-energy - but only when there's a competition of some sort and it's just a hobby.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    It kinda surprised me when I first found out, but aren't most LSIs pretty passive? They all say they're so lazy. They don't like doing the dishes, they barely clean their room, they procrastinate and postpone things... Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, yeah, they do sometimes get very active and high-energy - but only when there's a competition of some sort and it's just a hobby.

I don't think that this is going to help you very much, but people consider me to be an LSI (my gut feeling is that I am ILE), and I do not consider myself to be lazy nor do I procrastinate very much. I am usually, for the most part, organized, and I stay on top of most things, so to speak.

I also know a couple other LSI's that appear to be pretty active. One is a grassroots political campaign coordinator (aside from his full time job), and the other that I used to know always stayed physically active (i.e. running in the evenings, working on cars, etc.).

But what you said above is in many cases true in my experience.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Postponment, definately. Laziness, ehh.... I can say, though that my parents, especially my SLI(or possibly LSE?) father are highly annoyed by this. For example, I had the entire week of from school this week and waited until this morning to take three straight hours of the day to do all the assignments I was given. While he suggested something to the tune of me doing small amounts of work over the week, I decided against it because i'm not the "short burst" kind of worker, and more importantly free my schedule so I can actually enjoy the break. But i've also noticed that's how I take care of everything; instead of doing little things around the house constantly, I think it's better to let everything pile up so it can all be done at once.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting topic.

I'm pretty perfectionistic.
    I tend to adopt an all or nothing approach. If I work on a project, I'll focus all my energy on it and neglect everything else. I don't need to be in the 'right' mood to do things. People think I spend more time than necessary on a task. Relative to other people, I do, but I think it's necessary for me personally. This approach can be problematic. Knowing the sheer amount of effort I require from myself I can put off work. But once I'm in "the zone" I would consider myself an unstoppable force

Now that I think about it, this is how I approach a lot of things in life. However I would say I'm pretty routine with chores and exercising etc. It's like brushing teeth, it's just something I have to do.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One LSI I know does not keep her house up at all. It is not "dirty", but, an SEI I know said there was just no style, no 'care'.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck? I thought LSIs were self-disciplined, neat and tidy individuals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'm reading much of what I hear/see from LSIs IRL. Perfectionism, letting things pile up, short bursts of unstoppable energy, etc. This confirms it for me. And to be honest, I can relate!

During the high energy perfectionistic mode LSIs do über-cool things, so you guys still totally rock.

Oh, and one more thing - I know two LSI Ti-subtype men who are very organized and tidy. Routine is everything. They always wear the same things and they always look very clean. I can imagine one other untidy LSIs eventually developing those routines. But most LSIs (especially younger ones) are still more relaxed than routined.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfectionism, letting things pile up, short bursts of unstoppable energy, etc.
    Perfectionism I could see. But letting things pile up and having short bursts of unstoppable energy contradict everything I've ever learned of the LSI. For example, the energy you've just described is, in my eyes, and in the wiki's eyes, far from IJ temperament; rather, it is evidence for EP temperament - the kind of people who one minute will be the laziest bastards you've ever seen, and who, the next minute, will be up on their feet ploughing through life like rhinos. And letting things pile up is also beyond my idea of the LSI. I've always read that they're consistent and competent individuals with attention to detail; the ones who are actually applauded for having good follow-through, and being highly loyal individuals. Take many of the Nazi supreme command during the war. I can bet that a lot of them were LSIs. They'd fill in where the EIE fucks up, and vice versa. They gave their loyalty and coolheadedness to ******, and he in return gave them something to follow and believe. This is, at least, how I'd see LSI/EIE duality.

But most LSIs (especially younger ones) are still more relaxed than routined.
    Why is this? And relaxed about what?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Perfectionism I could see. But letting things pile up and having short bursts of unstoppable energy contradict everything I've ever learned of the LSI. For example, the energy you've just described is, in my eyes, and in the wiki's eyes, far from IJ temperament; rather, it is evidence for EP temperament - the kind of people who one minute will be the laziest bastards you've ever seen, and who, the next minute, will be up on their feet ploughing through life like rhinos. And letting things pile up is also beyond my idea of the LSI. I've always read that they're consistent and competent individuals with attention to detail; the ones who are actually applauded for having good follow-through, and being highly loyal individuals. Take many of the Nazi supreme command during the war. I can bet that a lot of them were LSIs. They'd fill in where the EIE fucks up, and vice versa. They gave their loyalty and coolheadedness to ******, and he in return gave them something to follow and believe. This is, at least, how I'd see LSI/EIE duality.

EIE worries about everything, so LSI fills in by saying, "you know, it doesn't really matter if we do it or not." They're very calm about it - "I won't wash the dishes now because it doesn't matter if they're washed." and EIE frets and worries, "maybe we should wash the dishes, maybe someone will see, maybe they'll have germs on them, maybe...". Finally the LSI makes a decision, "ok, I will do it now" and then they get everything done (once they say they will do something, nothing can stop them). It's different from the EP constant attitude changes but I can't define what makes it different.

relaxed as in "not worried" and quite reluctant to start doing things.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, this kind of topic makes me think LSIs really are my duals.

I know without a doubt that my closest girl friends are LSIs and my father is an LSI as well.

The two girls exhibit these traits to a T. You'd *think* they'd be super organized and routine, but they're quite contradictory actually! They do the thing that is described here - that is, they let things pile up and do them all at once, in a very unstoppable, calm way. If that were me, I would get extremely panicky. I have to start thing way before they are due, etc. I am amazed at this strange capability of theirs. They are both heavy procrastinators but manage to get everything done well at the end! It's so cool.

In all other facets of life, they are really "with it" ... I'm not sure how else to describe it. It doesn't even occur to them that what they are doing is so beneficial to me. They just do it. Like, they always seem to have it together (even when they in reality don't). This makes me feel a lot more assured and calm. I constantly worry as well, and sometimes I feel like LSIs take care of me, protect me in a way. I even call one girl "mom" jokingly b/c she really does some things that are reminiscent of how a mother would act towards her fretful, rebellious child (me!)

They always react in the way I want them to, that's what I love about them. Is that some kind of duality thing? Like if I have any kind of story that just happened to me, they have the reaction that I anticipated, or want ... If I were to say this story to another type, their reactions are different from what I anticipate, and make me feel awkward... like woops, I just failed at that.. =/ For example, a story that I feel will elicit heavy emotional reactions DOES do that for LSIs... and then we laugh together, etc.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarlett, yes, that is how I see EIE-LSI duality.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well LSIs are positivists. We all know positivists don't like to do unpleasant things.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know that. I suppose it still doesn't mean that negativists like to do unpleasant things or that negativists don't like to do pleasant things.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know that. I suppose it still doesn't mean that negativists like to do unpleasant things or that negativists don't like to do pleasant things.
    Ah, no I didn't mean that, negativists IME are better at forcing themselves do unpleasant things. (if they're unpleasant, nobody likes to do them by definition)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be called a hard worker > lazy any day. It's all about concentrated effort. The IJ temperament (from what I understand) is more about conserving energy. Coupled with Se, this means we're good at using sufficient amounts when required.

I don't think I let things pile up to the point of chaos. I never let it get to a point where I know I can't feasibly complete something. When you think about it, for the great deal of time we spend on a task, we're pretty good at managing our time IMO. Well it works for me anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't do things that are unnecessary, and I have a very personal idea of "necessary". I also have a hard time doing things I don't like.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about responsibility about doing something ? You think about it or just do it because it has to be done ?
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs are not passive, they are not lazy, they keep their rooms cleaned, and they don't procrastinate and postpone things. What is surprising is that you can be so wrong about LSIs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck? I thought LSIs were self-disciplined, neat and tidy individuals.
    They are.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But most LSIs (especially younger ones) are still more relaxed than routined.
    No. You are totally wrong and deluded about this. Stop being so wrong, you fool.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No. You are totally wrong and deluded about this. Stop being so wrong, you fool.
    She's absolutely right, you're an idiot that doesn't know enough people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Younger LSI's are more 'relaxed', that's true.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    She's absolutely right, you're an idiot that doesn't know enough people.
    She's absolutely wrong. Now shut the fuck up and study the types.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's absolutely wrong. Now shut the fuck up and study the types.
    I have studied the types thoroughly and correctly identified many people of all the types of many different age groups, and what Kristiina says is absolutely correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Phaedrus, why you are so angry hater -_- ;d

Don't forget that there is LSI , and LSI . Young LSI's are not the same as adult LSI's. I don't know what is so wrong about it o_O

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have studied the types thoroughly and correctly identified many people of all the types of many different age groups, and what Kristiina says is absolutely correct.
    You have not studied the types enough, and you were wrong about your own type for a long time. What Kristiina says is absolutely incorrect, and it is evident that many people on this forum have an incorrect understanding of the ISTj type and make a lot of typing mistakes when it comes to that type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lastdance View Post
    Don't forget that there is LSI , and LSI .
    The differences between those two variants of ISTj are of minor importance. They are much more similar than they are different. Don't assume (incorrectly) that a subtype of a certain type is more similar to another type than to the other subtype of the same type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The differences between those two variants of ISTj are of minor importance. They are much more similar than they are different. Don't assume (incorrectly) that a subtype of a certain type is more similar to another type than to the other subtype of the same type.
    And for me the subtype is more 'relaxed' than the subtype, that's all They are so each other ofcourse.
    I've read Kristina's post once again and she is wrong ;p Not most LSI's are more relaxed than routined. I think only younger subtype LSI's can be more relaxed, but that doesn't mean that they are so. They can just like like more relaxed, but deep inside they arent

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And for me the subtype is more 'relaxed' than the subtype, that's all
    So what? Your comment is irrelevant. The subtype of ISTj may or may not be more "relaxed" than the subtype of ISTj, but ISTjs are never correctly described as "relaxed". You should not use words like "relaxed" to describe ISTjs. It is totally misleading and also false when you compare ISTjs with other types.

Quote Originally Posted by lastdance
    I've read Kristina's post once again and she is wrong ;p Not most LSI's are more relaxed than routined. I think only younger subtype LSI's can be more relaxed, but that doesn't mean that they are so. They can just like like more relaxed, but deep inside they arent
    Now you are beginning to come to your senses, and that's good.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what? Your comment is irrelevant. The subtype of ISTj may or may not be more "relaxed" than the subtype of ISTj, but ISTjs are never correctly described as "relaxed". You should not use words like "relaxed" to describe ISTjs. It is totally misleading and also false when you compare ISTjs with other types.
    You're completely unable to read. We are comparing older ISTjs to younger ISTjs. Idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about responsibility about doing something ? You think about it or just do it because it has to be done ?
    I do it.
    LSI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're completely unable to read. We are comparing older ISTjs to younger ISTjs. Idiot.
    Now you are way out of line, because now you are lying too. The word "relaxed" should NEVER be used to describe ISTjs. And Kristiina is totally wrong, and yet you are acting like the uttermost idiot when you defend her. Obviously I have overestimated your thinking abilities. You don't know the types as well after all. And you cannot think correctly. You make mistakes. Bad thing.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    I don't do things that are unnecessary, and I have a very personal idea of "necessary". I also have a hard time doing things I don't like.
    I am pretty much the same. I also sometimes don't do things that I know would be of a large benefit to me because I don't like them or don't feel like doing them or have something else (more interesting/important to me) preplanned/arranged for that time. This is how I miss big chances and opportunities.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    See, this kind of topic makes me think LSIs really are my duals.

I know without a doubt that my closest girl friends are LSIs and my father is an LSI as well.

The two girls exhibit these traits to a T. You'd *think* they'd be super organized and routine, but they're quite contradictory actually! They do the thing that is described here - that is, they let things pile up and do them all at once, in a very unstoppable, calm way. If that were me, I would get extremely panicky. I have to start thing way before they are due, etc. I am amazed at this strange capability of theirs. They are both heavy procrastinators but manage to get everything done well at the end! It's so cool.

In all other facets of life, they are really "with it" ... I'm not sure how else to describe it. It doesn't even occur to them that what they are doing is so beneficial to me. They just do it. Like, they always seem to have it together (even when they in reality don't). This makes me feel a lot more assured and calm. I constantly worry as well, and sometimes I feel like LSIs take care of me, protect me in a way. I even call one girl "mom" jokingly b/c she really does some things that are reminiscent of how a mother would act towards her fretful, rebellious child (me!)

They always react in the way I want them to, that's what I love about them. Is that some kind of duality thing? Like if I have any kind of story that just happened to me, they have the reaction that I anticipated, or want ... If I were to say this story to another type, their reactions are different from what I anticipate, and make me feel awkward... like woops, I just failed at that.. =/ For example, a story that I feel will elicit heavy emotional reactions DOES do that for LSIs... and then we laugh together, etc.
    This is sort of confirming my inclination to being LSI now.

I must that say "Thanks for putting up you videos on youtube" So I could actually see a Beta NF in action, cause I don't know any in real life.

After seeing how cute you were playing that out of tune guitar of yours.

I made the connection and started asking myself why is it that I find girls similar to you attractive. Those beautiful big dreamy eyes It's so freaking easy to get lost in them.

Anyway I noticed the pattern and then read the LSI profile and It rang true Beta NFs are my duals and activators.

Thanks Luxx.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question is what does the EIE bring to the table for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProcrastinateTomorrow View Post
    Question is what does the EIE bring to the table for me.
    I don't know, what does the EIE bring to the table for you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Interesting topic.

I'm pretty perfectionistic.
    I tend to adopt an all or nothing approach. If I work on a project, I'll focus all my energy on it and neglect everything else. I don't need to be in the 'right' mood to do things. People think I spend more time than necessary on a task. Relative to other people, I do, but I think it's necessary for me personally. This approach can be problematic. Knowing the sheer amount of effort I require from myself I can put off work. But once I'm in "the zone" I would consider myself an unstoppable force

Now that I think about it, this is how I approach a lot of things in life. However I would say I'm pretty routine with chores and exercising etc. It's like brushing teeth, it's just something I have to do.
    This is why EIE/LSI combo gets things done. I can also get into the perfectionism, all or nothing, in the "zone" when I'm working.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, what does the EIE bring to the table for you
    What a waste of a perfectly good post.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I know a lot of LSIs, and some of them are really, REALLY relaxed, so relaxed that I have a hard time understanding where the descriptions take their "machine-like individuals" descriptions from. Then again, I work next to one of the machine-LSIs at work, and he confirms all the stereotypes...
    I know a male LSI who is very relaxed about some things, but not about others. For instance, he's very particular about his coffee. He roasts his own beans and puts all sorts of attention and time into that. But his house and office are very messy and he just doesn't care about that. Def. Ti subtype.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Se egos can be relatively lazy, but when they need to act for whatever reason, that's the last thing you'd even think of calling them.

For me, as an irrational Se ego, I'm basically low activity, and then I spring into action when I feel I need to. Actually, something I've noticed about myself is that I'm more relaxed when I'm doing something than when I'm traditionally "chilling" e.g. I'd rather be in the heat of battle than sat thinking through a philosophical problem - said sitting makes me restless and something anxious, whereas activity calms me down.

As for LSIs, I guess they follow a similar way of life, except that they're less prone to sudden bouts of energy or whatever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast