Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Yet another VI!

  1. #1
    Forest-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    ESTj
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yet another VI!

    I've just learnt how to upload pictures onto the internet (yes I am a n00b!). VI would be great, thanks.

    EDIT: Those have been up there more than long enough now and are obviously not really useful. More coming when I get the time to take them.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yet another VI!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    I've just learnt how to upload pictures onto the internet (yes I am a n00b!). VI would be great, thanks.

    (removed)
    Nah, just kidding about the last one
    IxxJ

    In order of likelyhood:
    INTJ
    ISFJ
    ISTJ
    INFJ
    thing.

  3. #3
    Forest-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    ESTj
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is absolutely no way that I'm any type of Feeler - I'm far too bad at keeping in touch with others and picking up social cues to be a feeler.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We can't type you on those pics alone.

    INCLUDE HONEST BIO AND ADDITIONAL ANGLE SHOTS.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    There is absolutely no way that I'm any type of Feeler - I'm far too bad at keeping in touch with others and picking up social cues to be a feeler.
    OK, so then you are IxTJ, IMO.
    thing.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTp?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  7. #7
    Forest-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    ESTj
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, can't do the additional angle shots thing because I don't have any others currently on my computer, but the bio (in point form) is below.

    1. I am a student and I always plan and do my homework in advance. This is not because I like it, but because I want to get it out of the way.
    2. I have an incredibly bad memory, especially short term memory, and I have lost numerous personal belongings, both expensive and cheap in the past year.
    3. I have problems with keeping in contact with others, although this might be due to the fact that I hate the phone.
    4. I tend to talk a lot on topics that interest me and even some which don't. If there is a debate, I will talk a lot, but if it is small talk, I will say what is customary and not much else.
    5. The topics that interest me are architecture, music, english, art, anything sciencey but basic enough for me to understand (ie. the way things work), the future, politics, social sciences and psychology.
    6. I love animals. In my view, animals are often better than people. At least I can understand their social interactions
    7. I have a short attention span sometimes when people are talking to me, especially about routine things. I tend to not register daily maintenance things that are said to me.
    8. I am relatively conservative in my dressing. I will generally not choose to wear the colour yellow.
    9. I speculate a lot about the future, and other random abstract things and laugh a lot at my own personal jokes.
    10. I hate the TV. I have to force myself to watch it.
    11. I am not fussy about food as long as it doesn't have some form of spring onion in it.

    Well that's about it, or all I can think of for now. I hope that helps.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then I guess you do sound like an ENTp...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Describe your sense of of humor, your sexuality, your level of outoingness in various situations, the way you spend liesure time, and how you'd react if you saw a man's face explode.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest-Dragon
    Sorry, can't do the additional angle shots thing because I don't have any others currently on my computer, but the bio (in point form) is below.

    1. I am a student and I always plan and do my homework in advance. This is not because I like it, but because I want to get it out of the way.
    2. I have an incredibly bad memory, especially short term memory, and I have lost numerous personal belongings, both expensive and cheap in the past year.
    3. I have problems with keeping in contact with others, although this might be due to the fact that I hate the phone.
    4. I tend to talk a lot on topics that interest me and even some which don't. If there is a debate, I will talk a lot, but if it is small talk, I will say what is customary and not much else.
    5. The topics that interest me are architecture, music, english, art, anything sciencey but basic enough for me to understand (ie. the way things work), the future, politics, social sciences and psychology.
    6. I love animals. In my view, animals are often better than people. At least I can understand their social interactions
    7. I have a short attention span sometimes when people are talking to me, especially about routine things. I tend to not register daily maintenance things that are said to me.
    8. I am relatively conservative in my dressing. I will generally not choose to wear the colour yellow.
    9. I speculate a lot about the future, and other random abstract things and laugh a lot at my own personal jokes.
    10. I hate the TV. I have to force myself to watch it.
    11. I am not fussy about food as long as it doesn't have some form of spring onion in it.

    Well that's about it, or all I can think of for now. I hope that helps.
    INTj
    thing.

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    and how you'd react if you saw a man's face explode.
    lol
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is what I can derive from your list:

    3. Introversion. Introverts tend to lose contact with people.
    4. Introversion. You seem more interested in ideas rather than people or things.
    6. Hidden agenda Fi, "to love." Distinguishable from ego-block Fi by "animals are often better than people"
    9. Intuition. Ni more specifically. Ne is more active, seeking to turn possibilities into reality. Ni is more passive, more "speculative" as you say.
    11. Weak introverted sensing.

    I think you're an INTp.

  13. #13
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  14. #14
    Forest-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    ESTj
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, since it seems as though I could be either INTJ, ENTP or INTP (which incidentally happen to be the three types I've been spending the last couple of years internally debating), I'll write a little more bio. I'll start with some of Discojoe's questions.

    1. Humour - I'm not too sure. Some people find me funny, others find me cynical, and others just plain argumentative.

    2. Sexuality - I generally wouldn't talk about it in RL or over the internet

    3. Level of Outgoingness:
    Among friends - Moderate
    Among total strangers at a bus stop - Fairly Low
    At some party where I don't know anyone - Moderate to High depending
    Among family - High

    4. The way you spend leisure time - On the internet, thinking, playing and listening to music. I generally dislike shopping and TV

    5. How I would react if I saw a man's face explode - Ummm...haven't really thought much about that one

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  16. #16
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say INTx, and if you're still a teenager, ENTp is a possibility, depending on your upbringing. You... already know that... though...

    HOWEVER your original post said

    "In order of likelyhood:
    INTJ
    ISFJ
    ISTJ
    INFJ"

    I want to get rid of ISFj and ISTj and replace them with ISFp. To me that's what you look like just based on these pics, but like discojoe said, ones where you're making different faces or that are shot from different angles would be necessary in order to VI you better. I also thought your posts on the forum reminded me of an ISFp for some reason, but I dunno. Given your description, you would have to have had grown up in an environment that rewarded non-ISFp behavior and thought processes in order to be an ISFp.

    BTW... even though only part of what you're saying about yourself sounds ENTp, some of the things you've said about friendships sound ENTpish.

    We've got quite a range here. Keep posting in various threads and if anything stands out to me, I'll come post about it in here. (:
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  17. #17
    Creepy-

    Default

    Yes, I do happen to be still a teenager, although I will be turning 18 in the coming year (an adult by the standards of my home country). This brings me to another question, which is at what stage in our lives can we be absolutely certain about our type, if there is such a 'type' at all?

    I can understand the difficulties in placing my type due to my age. I should be, according to Erikson, going through a phase known as 'Identity vs. Identity Confusion' where I would supposedly be trying on anti-personalities. According to Kohlberg, I might be in stage 4+ moral reasoning, which would make me confused about what are the right and wrong ways to act in social encounters. However, of course, all these personal speculations which may not exist in reality, and are all just theories, albeit highly proven in the psychological world.

    This, however, brings me to my next question - What is maturity? Yes, we have an age that we put on it (I believe it is 21 in the US, if I'm not mistaken), but is there really a set age where we stop changing? I've always believed that the theory of subtypes was more of a continuum as opposed to set blocks of behavourial patterns that are inherently unchangable from birth. Thus, we may be born to be a certain type, but we adapt our strongest functions, as I think was already said in another post, to our surroundings. I believe very strongly in this nurture argument on our conscious functions, as being conscious functions, we would be able to mentally control and even manipulate them to a certain extent.However, where I do believe the nature argument comes to the fore pertains to Jung's collective unconscious, or the third and fourth functions which we have no control over and only comes out repressed in dreams and the like (I myself recently had a bad dream where I was confronted by my shadow in the form of Medusa ).

    Nonetheless, my theory is that our functions keep developing and changing all through our lives as a result of experiences, pressures and social surroundings, and thus our self definition through our subtypes and even our types would keep changing, if somehow a traumatic experience shifted the positions of our 3rd and 4th functions. I think of types much like genetics; we are born to a certain genetic configuration (which loosely corresponds with a set of behaviours known as types), however this changes as we 'learn' behavious. I have a theory that this is something like height genetics - We are born with a certain range of heights, but which ever height we end up at is dependent on how much food we 'learn' to eat during our lives (the stomach being an expandable muscle). For me, what I've learnt has possibly been the and that I have learnt to shield myself from the very female, very feeler world with which I am surrounded and have been surrounded with for the last 7 years of my life. Yet to this day, using these functions is very uncomfortable for me. It is hardly natural and I tend to follow others in using it, possibly indicative of a 3rd function.

    In regards to the photos - photos taken by others for others, such as the ones that I have posted, have all the social standards and thus pressures associated with surroundings. These images were to be sent off to relatives, and thus I had the obligation of looking happy in them (or a manifestation of happy in a way that others would understand) so that relatives would not think me morbidly unhappy. There is no way in real life that I would have the same facial expression even if I was in a highly amused state. In fact, in real life, people often ask me if I'm unhappy when I make a natural face expression and not talking, when in actual fact, I am usually just thinking. I am then obliged to give people the smile, the manifestation of happiness to convince them of the state that I actually am in. Thinking, as I have said before, as well as talking about ideas, are pastimes of mine .

    I'll try to take down those photos as soon as possible, and put up new ones that are taken more with my natural expression. I don't currently have any of these due to the fact that while I do not dislike or have a fear of photos, they're not the kind of thing I do in my free time for amusement, unlike many of my friends. However, while I'm on the subject of photos and the types I might be according to them, I'd like to reduce some of the speculated types from the list.

    ISFP is one of these (sorry Joy ). I am usually not 'attentive and considerate,' a 'peacemaker' and I have a healthy dislike of being routinely ignored. Most of the description on the 16types.info page pertaining to ISFP is almost the polar opposite of what I would consider to be my natural behaviour. ISFJ is another; I am not naturally 'concerned about proper behaviour, I do not tend to 'easily earn others' trust' and I have been told that I maintain a long psychological distance by certain people. I also do not usually live in the here and now, and would not know how in hell to represent my love through action. However, thanks for the suggestions.

    Hugo, I did your test, and my results were A1, B1, C2 and D2. However, I experienced a little bit of indescision about D, of which 1 and 2 were very close.

    I'd also like to try another test, judging from the length of this post. I'm not sure how accurate it will be, but could anyone that finds this post boring and impossible to read leave a comment below. It is possible that this may help me find my quasi-identicals and ultimately my type :wink: .

  18. #18
    Forest-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    ESTj
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, that was me above

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That post made you actually sound more like an INTp, damn.

    Some of what you said not only made you sound like an introvert, but Te, as well.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  20. #20
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hugo, I did your test, and my results were A1, B1, C2 and D2. However, I experienced a little bit of indescision about D, of which 1 and 2 were very close.
    That is precisely how I did the test, also on D.

    That, and your perceiving ISFp and ISFj to be the opposite of you, and your as Rocky said, strongly indicates ENTj or INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  21. #21
    Forest-Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    ESTj
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    ...your as Rocky said, strongly indicates ENTj or INTp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'd say INTx, and if you're still a teenager, ENTp is a possibility
    Noooo!! The four biggest banes of my life finally realised

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •