Thread: Enneagram Type 8 appreciation thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram Type 8 appreciation thread

You make me really mad. You're the most unlovable of all enneagram types, and nobody likes you, because you're asocial bastards. Even your family and your "friends" don't like you, and you can't like anybody either, because you're the asshole of the whole mankind.

I feel sorry for you like fuckshit, so I started this appreciation thread.

...if however there are people who actually appreciate you...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    You make me really mad. You're the most unlovable of all enneagram types, and nobody likes you, because you're asocial bastards. Even your family and your "friends" don't like you, and you can't like anybody either, because you're the asshole of the whole mankind.

I feel sorry for you like fuckshit, so I started this appreciation thread.

...if however there are people who actually appreciate you...
    I wonder why people have such a hard time seeing me as E8 : /
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I wonder why people have such a hard time seeing me as E8 : /
    I haven't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am married to an 8w7.

There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

Flip side....

Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    I am married to an 8w7.

I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

Flip side....

Cheater.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    I'm an 8w9, I'll give you my prose on pros and cons

PROs
    - Extremely loyal to inner circle of friends, (never cheated)
    - Very willing to give time, energy, and resources to those it considers close to, or things that seem very worthy
    - Very sexual + physical
    - Enjoys seeing those he cares about succeed, be happy, and feel safe
    - Stylish and aesthetic
    - Take-charge
    - When not in the negative states described below, self-assured and calm. A rock other people can depend on.
    - Does not mind responsibility or working hard provided there is some positive benefit to it.
    - Very much likes putting effort into things in order to get a high quality result (work, relationships, intimacy, hobbies, areas of interest, etc).
    - Will always look for the truth, regardless of the implications of the truth - positive, negative, happy, unappealing - it doesn't matter. Fixation on truth. Sniffs out secrets, hidden ideas, tests loyalties and principles to examine and size up people, a good interrogator.
    - Always looks at hard questions, not afraid to ask or be asked them. Not one to shy away from the truth *
    - At best positively encourages, helps, and challenges other to become better and try harder at whatever they do. Enjoys leading, working together with others, and achieving worthy goals. When very healthy, magnanimous.

CONs
    - Lusty, and possibly becoming lazy when too focused on lust and self indulgence. When very unhealthy, extremely lusty and opportunistic.
    - Ethically problematic in terms of confusion and seeing a lack of relevance (but never cheated)
    - When in states of lust or ethical confusion, needs to be around people with a strong moral center to calm and help direct things. Lack of such a person can result in problematic, dangerous, and negligent or self-centered behavior
    - General insensitivity to other people, at times
    - When relationship stability with inner circle members are threatened or in flux, can become paranoid or aggressive
    - Even when healthy can step on people's toes without much realizing it.
    - Dislikes subordinate positions in just about anything. Always giving advice on how things should be done, whether it is desired or not.
    - Can be relentless in pursuit of the truth and interrogation tactics may lead to unpleasant levels of interaction with other people. Sometimes will not stop until someone submits, fully, or becomes enraged and extremely irritated. Ambivalent to the impact this has on relationships. Can be extremely cold at times.
    - * While not one to look away from the truth, can be extremely arrogant and prideful in terms of its acceptance. Can be in situations where "I know this is the case, but...." the interpretation of things is skewed. This can be particularly problematic if other above negative situations are present. For the truth is still sought after, but personal convictions. This can spiral into really bad situations, primarily because the individual is so bent on the self image of "I seek the truth, I am tough, I deal with it", when, in reality, there is avoidance of the truth.
    - General lack of concern for how things appear "to the public"; dislikes playing popularity contests, extremely so.

Finally, what my signature says is also relevant, for better or worse.
    Last edited by UDP; 04-24-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: bit about popularity contests was supposed to be a con
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am married to an 8w7.

He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.

Flip side....

Cheater.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    Sounds like someone I would NOT get along with.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sounds like someone I would NOT get along with.
    Yeah lol half of the pluses read like cons to me
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PROs
    - Very willing to give time, energy, and resources to those it considers close to, or things that seem very worthy
    - Very sexual + physical
    - Stylish and aesthetic
    - Take-charge
    - When not in the negative states described below, self-assured and calm. A rock other people can depend on.
    - Does not mind responsibility or working hard provided there is some positive benefit to it.
    - Very much likes putting effort into things in order to get a high quality result (work, relationships, intimacy, hobbies, areas of interest, etc).
    - Will always look for the truth, regardless of the implications of the truth - positive, negative, happy, unappealing - it doesn't matter. Fixation on truth. Sniffs out secrets, hidden ideas, tests loyalties and principles to examine and size up people, a good interrogator.
    - Always looks at hard questions, not afraid to ask or be asked them. Not one to shy away from the truth *
    - At best positively encourages, helps, and challenges other to become better and try harder at whatever they do. Enjoys leading, working together with others, and achieving worthy goals. When very healthy, magnanimous.
    - General lack of concern for how things appear "to the public"; dislikes playing popularity contests, extremely so.

CONs
    - Lusty, and possibly becoming lazy when too focused on lust and self indulgence. When very unhealthy, extremely lusty and opportunistic.
    - Ethically problematic in terms of confusion and seeing a lack of relevance (but never cheated)
    - When in states of lust or ethical confusion, needs to be around people with a strong moral center to calm and help direct things. Lack of such a person can result in problematic, dangerous, and negligent or self-centered behavior
    - When relationship stability with inner circle members are threatened or in flux, can become paranoid or aggressive
    - Dislikes subordinate positions in just about anything. Always giving advice on how things should be done, whether it is desired or not.
    - Can be relentless in pursuit of the truth and interrogation tactics may lead to unpleasant levels of interaction with other people. Sometimes will not stop until someone submits, fully, or becomes enraged and extremely irritated. Ambivalent to the impact this has on relationships. Can be extremely cold at times.
    - * While not one to look away from the truth, can be extremely arrogant and prideful in terms of its acceptance. Can be in situations where "I know this is the case, but...." the interpretation of things is skewed. This can be particularly problematic if other above negative situations are present. For the truth is still sought after, but personal convictions. This can spiral into really bad situations, primarily because the individual is so bent on the self image of "I seek the truth, I am tough, I deal with it", when, in reality, there is avoidance of the truth.

Finally, what my signature says is also relevant, for better or worse.
    Your description of yourself sounds like the type of person I really respect. You're my supervisor are you not?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    wtf machintruc. I thought you hated E4s the most. I'm so pissed. Just thought you should know. kthnx.
    You know, most people hate Eights more than Fours.

PROs
    - Very sexual + physical
    - Stylish and aesthetic
    - Take-charge

CONs
    You're a Six.

I am married to an 8w7.

He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.

Flip side....

Cheater.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    Your BF is really a caricature.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, post this shit on EIDB, machintruc. You'll get eaten alive.

No, not by Eights. We'll stand back and laugh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a Six.
    That's a ridiculous suggestion. UDP's list of PRO's and CON's describes an extremely obvious Eight.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That's a ridiculous suggestion. UDP's list of PRO's and CON's describes an extremely obvious Eight.
    But they don't seem to describe very much UDP, at least from what I know about him on the forum.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But they don't seem to describe very much UDP, at least from what I know about him on the forum.
    Okay, I can't tell what UDP is like apart from how he describes himself. I still think the listing describes a leading Eight.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I can't tell what UDP is like apart from how he describes himself. I still think the listing describes a leading Eight.
    Yeah, I agree

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am married to an 8w7.

He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.

Flip side....

Cheater.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    this sounds exactly like sle-man, my exhusband. 'cept my ex is not a cop....he walks the dark side a little bit i think lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to be cautious with the hypothesis of UDP being Eight because LSE Eights are unfrequent.

Statistically, LSE's are more likely E6 than E8.

Besides, I think you may be an Eight, because of your stubborn denial.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to be cautious with the hypothesis of UDP being Eight because LSE Eights are unfrequent.
    If you agree that the list describes an E8 and only meant to say that UDP is not like that himself, then I misunderstood your point.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I disagree but I have no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    That doesn't suffice to make you an Eight, and I am not an Eight. I am a self-preserving 5w4, but I have some traits that are similar to E1s and some others that are similar to those of E8s, for example that I can be confrontational in some situtations. My natural temperament is IP, so I also share some traits with E9. I am least of all an E2 or E3.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E6 makes no sense at all for me, nor any other LSEs I know. What statistics are you talking about?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E6 makes no sense at all for me, nor any other LSEs I know. What statistics are you talking about?
    Informal statistics that tells you that LSE-6 is easier to find than LSE-8.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't suffice to make you an Eight, and I am not an Eight. I am a self-preserving 5w4, but I have some traits that are similar to E1s and some others that are similar to those of E8s, for example that I can be confrontational in some situtations. My natural temperament is IP, so I also share some traits with E9. I am least of all an E2 or E3.
    You think you're always right. Nines don't. Eights do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think you're always right. Nines don't. Eights do.
    Of course. But I am not a Nine. And I am not an Eight either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    this sounds exactly like sle-man, my exhusband. 'cept my ex is not a cop....he walks the dark side a little bit i think lol.

And soon to be my ex husband also.....(cheatin doesn't work well in a relationship, ya know)

*UDP...like you, hubby is lusty and physical also.....
    as for the advice giving, I swear when he is talking I picture Lucy of the Peanuts behind her Doctor is in booth. He needs a portable booth to take with him.....

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a real sweetheart.

machintruc just told me that I'm special.

How kind.

PS: You said I was LSI earlier, what does that have to with me being E6?
    PPS: What is "informal statistics" ? The number of people you know or see on a daily basis?
    PPPS: Granted, I'm 8w9 sp/sx/so. I value so the very least. However I'm realizing I have to be better at it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a real sweetheart.

machintruc just told me that I'm special.

How kind.

PS: You said I was LSI earlier, what does that have to with me being E6?
    PPS: What is "informal statistics" ? The number of people you know or see on a daily basis?
    PPPS: Granted, I'm 8w9 sp/sx/so. I value so the very least. However I'm realizing I have to be better at it.
    Nobody can know what your IM type is, because you are stupid

Informal statistics means your experience of finding some combinations less frequent and others more frequent.

You're not an Eight, but a Ten.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Informal statistics means your experience of finding some combinations less frequent and others more frequent.

So, "your (own) experience", ok.
    That's what I thought.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't.
    That's because his whole self-image fits perfectly into your little Ti system, Phaedrus.

I challenge him to a duel. Winner takes you. I can shoot an ant with a .498362104961246 Colt Magnum Super Eagle Jaguar from 999,999 yards away.

Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    Sounds like me. Is he Se leading?

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Your description of yourself sounds like the type of person I really respect. You're my supervisor are you not?
    Of course it does. Anyone would respect someone like that. That's because someone like that is practically impossible to dislike or respect or admire. UDP has spent along time carefully concocting this idyllic mixture of 8w9 and LSE, which is so fucking unlikely; such a rareity, that he believes he's one of the most special people on the planet.

You're a Six.
    I have entertained that concept before. Alas, I still see One. I think he misinterprets himself massively. Notice how he'll constantly be going on about morals and shit. No Eight would go on about that as much as he does. He's trying to fit into LSE as much as possible, because he's afraid of sounding like a Fe/Ti type. He's afraid that people will work out that he doesn't give a flying fuck about Fi.

UDP's list of PRO's and CON's describes an extremely obvious Eight.
    Absolutely. For once in your life, you are completely correct (except grammatically).

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    THANK YOU.

Maybe he's not an LSE. Maybe he's neither an Eight or an LSE.

Are you taking the piss? You really think that if someone is stubbornly in denial, that this is the criterion for one's being an Eight? Come off it, machintruc.

What statistics are you talking about?
    His own.

Yeah, your own.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    That's because his whole self-image fits perfectly into your little Ti system, Phaedrus.
    His self-image is that of an Eight. I don't care which type he is, as long as his self-image is consistent with how he describes his own behaviour and the type he thinks that he is.

Absolutely. For once in your life, you are completely correct (except grammatically).
    Sorry about two of the three (')s.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am married to an 8w7.

He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.

Flip side....

Cheater.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E

Sounds like me, except for the bad things, I hope . And I don't cheat.

::Edit::

In all honesty, I am probably more boring than fun.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wicked boring. But I don't care. It's who I am, baby.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Hmm. Why would you respect that person? Seems to have the same number of pros and cons as anyone else. Yes, supervisor.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Why would you respect that person? Seems to have the same number of pros and cons as anyone else. Yes, supervisor.
    For these points:
    PROs
    - Take-charge
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right. Eights are boring.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His self-image is that of an Eight. I don't care which type he is, as long as his self-image is consistent with how he describes his own behaviour and the type he thinks that he is.
    This is funny because it shows you're far less concerned with the truth than you are with logical consistency. That is where you and I differ. I want the truth out there, you want logical consistency. I can dig logical consistency. Can you dig the truth?

Sorry about two of the three (')s.
    Nice.

Yes. Who you are, baby.

That's right. Eights are boring.
    You're boring. And that wasn't just an insult. It was objectified. You truly bore the shit out of everyone. I'm the only person who takes sympathy on your systematisation of the world, because, all in all, I understand how you operate, and I understand that you totally miss the point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're boring. And that wasn't just an insult. It was objectified. You truly bore the shit out of everyone. I'm the only person who takes sympathy on your systematisation of the world, because, all in all, I understand how you operate, and I understand that you totally miss the point.
    I'm boring. OK. And I don't need your sympathy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is funny because it shows you're far less concerned with the truth than you are with logical consistency. That is where you and I differ. I want the truth out there, you want logical consistency. I can dig logical consistency. Can you dig the truth?
    Are you nuts? It is exactly because I am concerned with the truth that I don't have a strong opinion on UDP's type. Why should I have an opinion on his type when the only thing that is relevant is his correct type? I simply have to accept his self-typing as long as it makes sense, that is, as long as it is not contradictory. And so should you.