Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Enneagram Type 8 appreciation thread

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Enneagram Type 8 appreciation thread

    You make me really mad. You're the most unlovable of all enneagram types, and nobody likes you, because you're asocial bastards. Even your family and your "friends" don't like you, and you can't like anybody either, because you're the asshole of the whole mankind.

    I feel sorry for you like fuckshit, so I started this appreciation thread.

    ...if however there are people who actually appreciate you...

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    You make me really mad. You're the most unlovable of all enneagram types, and nobody likes you, because you're asocial bastards. Even your family and your "friends" don't like you, and you can't like anybody either, because you're the asshole of the whole mankind.

    I feel sorry for you like fuckshit, so I started this appreciation thread.

    ...if however there are people who actually appreciate you...
    I wonder why people have such a hard time seeing me as E8 : /
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I wonder why people have such a hard time seeing me as E8 : /
    I haven't.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am married to an 8w7.

    There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

    Flip side....

    Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E

  6. #6
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    I am married to an 8w7.

    There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

    Flip side....

    Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    I'm an 8w9, I'll give you my prose on pros and cons


    PROs
    - Extremely loyal to inner circle of friends, (never cheated)
    - Very willing to give time, energy, and resources to those it considers close to, or things that seem very worthy
    - Very sexual + physical
    - Enjoys seeing those he cares about succeed, be happy, and feel safe
    - Stylish and aesthetic
    - Take-charge
    - When not in the negative states described below, self-assured and calm. A rock other people can depend on.
    - Does not mind responsibility or working hard provided there is some positive benefit to it.
    - Very much likes putting effort into things in order to get a high quality result (work, relationships, intimacy, hobbies, areas of interest, etc).
    - Will always look for the truth, regardless of the implications of the truth - positive, negative, happy, unappealing - it doesn't matter. Fixation on truth. Sniffs out secrets, hidden ideas, tests loyalties and principles to examine and size up people, a good interrogator.
    - Always looks at hard questions, not afraid to ask or be asked them. Not one to shy away from the truth *
    - At best positively encourages, helps, and challenges other to become better and try harder at whatever they do. Enjoys leading, working together with others, and achieving worthy goals. When very healthy, magnanimous.




    CONs
    - Lusty, and possibly becoming lazy when too focused on lust and self indulgence. When very unhealthy, extremely lusty and opportunistic.
    - Ethically problematic in terms of confusion and seeing a lack of relevance (but never cheated)
    - When in states of lust or ethical confusion, needs to be around people with a strong moral center to calm and help direct things. Lack of such a person can result in problematic, dangerous, and negligent or self-centered behavior
    - General insensitivity to other people, at times
    - When relationship stability with inner circle members are threatened or in flux, can become paranoid or aggressive
    - Even when healthy can step on people's toes without much realizing it.
    - Dislikes subordinate positions in just about anything. Always giving advice on how things should be done, whether it is desired or not.
    - Can be relentless in pursuit of the truth and interrogation tactics may lead to unpleasant levels of interaction with other people. Sometimes will not stop until someone submits, fully, or becomes enraged and extremely irritated. Ambivalent to the impact this has on relationships. Can be extremely cold at times.
    - * While not one to look away from the truth, can be extremely arrogant and prideful in terms of its acceptance. Can be in situations where "I know this is the case, but...." the interpretation of things is skewed. This can be particularly problematic if other above negative situations are present. For the truth is still sought after, but personal convictions. This can spiral into really bad situations, primarily because the individual is so bent on the self image of "I seek the truth, I am tough, I deal with it", when, in reality, there is avoidance of the truth.
    - General lack of concern for how things appear "to the public"; dislikes playing popularity contests, extremely so.


    Finally, what my signature says is also relevant, for better or worse.
    Last edited by UDP; 04-24-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: bit about popularity contests was supposed to be a con
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    I am married to an 8w7.

    There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

    Flip side....

    Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    Sounds like someone I would NOT get along with.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sounds like someone I would NOT get along with.
    Yeah lol half of the pluses read like cons to me
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  9. #9
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'm an 8w9, I'll give you my prose on pros and cons


    PROs
    - Extremely loyal to inner circle of friends, (never cheated)
    - Very willing to give time, energy, and resources to those it considers close to, or things that seem very worthy
    - Very sexual + physical
    - Enjoys seeing those he cares about succeed, be happy, and feel safe
    - Stylish and aesthetic
    - Take-charge
    - When not in the negative states described below, self-assured and calm. A rock other people can depend on.
    - Does not mind responsibility or working hard provided there is some positive benefit to it.
    - Very much likes putting effort into things in order to get a high quality result (work, relationships, intimacy, hobbies, areas of interest, etc).
    - Will always look for the truth, regardless of the implications of the truth - positive, negative, happy, unappealing - it doesn't matter. Fixation on truth. Sniffs out secrets, hidden ideas, tests loyalties and principles to examine and size up people, a good interrogator.
    - Always looks at hard questions, not afraid to ask or be asked them. Not one to shy away from the truth *
    - At best positively encourages, helps, and challenges other to become better and try harder at whatever they do. Enjoys leading, working together with others, and achieving worthy goals. When very healthy, magnanimous.
    - General lack of concern for how things appear "to the public"; dislikes playing popularity contests, extremely so.



    CONs
    - Lusty, and possibly becoming lazy when too focused on lust and self indulgence. When very unhealthy, extremely lusty and opportunistic.
    - Ethically problematic in terms of confusion and seeing a lack of relevance (but never cheated)
    - When in states of lust or ethical confusion, needs to be around people with a strong moral center to calm and help direct things. Lack of such a person can result in problematic, dangerous, and negligent or self-centered behavior
    - General insensitivity to other people, at times
    - When relationship stability with inner circle members are threatened or in flux, can become paranoid or aggressive
    - Even when healthy can step on people's toes without much realizing it.
    - Dislikes subordinate positions in just about anything. Always giving advice on how things should be done, whether it is desired or not.
    - Can be relentless in pursuit of the truth and interrogation tactics may lead to unpleasant levels of interaction with other people. Sometimes will not stop until someone submits, fully, or becomes enraged and extremely irritated. Ambivalent to the impact this has on relationships. Can be extremely cold at times.
    - * While not one to look away from the truth, can be extremely arrogant and prideful in terms of its acceptance. Can be in situations where "I know this is the case, but...." the interpretation of things is skewed. This can be particularly problematic if other above negative situations are present. For the truth is still sought after, but personal convictions. This can spiral into really bad situations, primarily because the individual is so bent on the self image of "I seek the truth, I am tough, I deal with it", when, in reality, there is avoidance of the truth.



    Finally, what my signature says is also relevant, for better or worse.
    Your description of yourself sounds like the type of person I really respect. You're my supervisor are you not?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  10. #10
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    wtf machintruc. I thought you hated E4s the most. I'm so pissed. Just thought you should know. kthnx.
    You know, most people hate Eights more than Fours.

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'm an 8w9, I'll give you my prose on pros and cons

    PROs
    - Extremely loyal to inner circle of friends, (never cheated)
    - Very willing to give time, energy, and resources to those it considers close to, or things that seem very worthy
    - Very sexual + physical
    - Enjoys seeing those he cares about succeed, be happy, and feel safe
    - Stylish and aesthetic
    - Take-charge
    - When not in the negative states described below, self-assured and calm. A rock other people can depend on.
    - Does not mind responsibility or working hard provided there is some positive benefit to it.
    - Very much likes putting effort into things in order to get a high quality result (work, relationships, intimacy, hobbies, areas of interest, etc).
    - Will always look for the truth, regardless of the implications of the truth - positive, negative, happy, unappealing - it doesn't matter. Fixation on truth. Sniffs out secrets, hidden ideas, tests loyalties and principles to examine and size up people, a good interrogator.
    - Always looks at hard questions, not afraid to ask or be asked them. Not one to shy away from the truth *
    - At best positively encourages, helps, and challenges other to become better and try harder at whatever they do. Enjoys leading, working together with others, and achieving worthy goals. When very healthy, magnanimous.
    - General lack of concern for how things appear "to the public"; dislikes playing popularity contests, extremely so.



    CONs
    - Lusty, and possibly becoming lazy when too focused on lust and self indulgence. When very unhealthy, extremely lusty and opportunistic.
    - Ethically problematic in terms of confusion and seeing a lack of relevance (but never cheated)
    - When in states of lust or ethical confusion, needs to be around people with a strong moral center to calm and help direct things. Lack of such a person can result in problematic, dangerous, and negligent or self-centered behavior
    - General insensitivity to other people, at times
    - When relationship stability with inner circle members are threatened or in flux, can become paranoid or aggressive
    - Even when healthy can step on people's toes without much realizing it.
    - Dislikes subordinate positions in just about anything. Always giving advice on how things should be done, whether it is desired or not.
    - Can be relentless in pursuit of the truth and interrogation tactics may lead to unpleasant levels of interaction with other people. Sometimes will not stop until someone submits, fully, or becomes enraged and extremely irritated. Ambivalent to the impact this has on relationships. Can be extremely cold at times.
    - * While not one to look away from the truth, can be extremely arrogant and prideful in terms of its acceptance. Can be in situations where "I know this is the case, but...." the interpretation of things is skewed. This can be particularly problematic if other above negative situations are present. For the truth is still sought after, but personal convictions. This can spiral into really bad situations, primarily because the individual is so bent on the self image of "I seek the truth, I am tough, I deal with it", when, in reality, there is avoidance of the truth.
    You're a Six.


    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    I am married to an 8w7.

    There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

    Flip side....

    Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    Your BF is really a caricature.

  11. #11
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ha, post this shit on EIDB, machintruc. You'll get eaten alive.

    No, not by Eights. We'll stand back and laugh.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    You're a Six.
    That's a ridiculous suggestion. UDP's list of PRO's and CON's describes an extremely obvious Eight.

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That's a ridiculous suggestion. UDP's list of PRO's and CON's describes an extremely obvious Eight.
    But they don't seem to describe very much UDP, at least from what I know about him on the forum.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But they don't seem to describe very much UDP, at least from what I know about him on the forum.
    Okay, I can't tell what UDP is like apart from how he describes himself. I still think the listing describes a leading Eight.

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Okay, I can't tell what UDP is like apart from how he describes himself. I still think the listing describes a leading Eight.
    Yeah, I agree
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    I am married to an 8w7.

    There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

    Flip side....

    Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    this sounds exactly like sle-man, my exhusband. 'cept my ex is not a cop....he walks the dark side a little bit i think lol.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  17. #17
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Okay, I can't tell what UDP is like apart from how he describes himself. I still think the listing describes a leading Eight.
    We have to be cautious with the hypothesis of UDP being Eight because LSE Eights are unfrequent.

    Statistically, LSE's are more likely E6 than E8.


    Besides, I think you may be an Eight, because of your stubborn denial.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    We have to be cautious with the hypothesis of UDP being Eight because LSE Eights are unfrequent.
    If you agree that the list describes an E8 and only meant to say that UDP is not like that himself, then I misunderstood your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Statistically, LSE's are more likely E6 than E8.
    I disagree but I have no proof.

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Besides, I think you may be an Eight, because of your stubborn denial.
    That doesn't suffice to make you an Eight, and I am not an Eight. I am a self-preserving 5w4, but I have some traits that are similar to E1s and some others that are similar to those of E8s, for example that I can be confrontational in some situtations. My natural temperament is IP, so I also share some traits with E9. I am least of all an E2 or E3.

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    We have to be cautious with the hypothesis of UDP being Eight because LSE Eights are unfrequent.

    Statistically, LSE's are more likely E6 than E8.


    Besides, I think you may be an Eight, because of your stubborn denial.

    E6 makes no sense at all for me, nor any other LSEs I know. What statistics are you talking about?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    E6 makes no sense at all for me, nor any other LSEs I know. What statistics are you talking about?
    Informal statistics that tells you that LSE-6 is easier to find than LSE-8.

  21. #21
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That doesn't suffice to make you an Eight, and I am not an Eight. I am a self-preserving 5w4, but I have some traits that are similar to E1s and some others that are similar to those of E8s, for example that I can be confrontational in some situtations. My natural temperament is IP, so I also share some traits with E9. I am least of all an E2 or E3.
    You think you're always right. Nines don't. Eights do.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    You think you're always right. Nines don't. Eights do.
    Of course. But I am not a Nine. And I am not an Eight either.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    this sounds exactly like sle-man, my exhusband. 'cept my ex is not a cop....he walks the dark side a little bit i think lol.

    And soon to be my ex husband also.....(cheatin doesn't work well in a relationship, ya know)


    *UDP...like you, hubby is lusty and physical also.....
    as for the advice giving, I swear when he is talking I picture Lucy of the Peanuts behind her Doctor is in booth. He needs a portable booth to take with him.....

  24. #24
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Informal statistics that tells you that LSE-6 is easier to find than LSE-8.
    You're a real sweetheart.

    machintruc just told me that I'm special.

    How kind.




    PS: You said I was LSI earlier, what does that have to with me being E6?
    PPS: What is "informal statistics" ? The number of people you know or see on a daily basis?
    PPPS: Granted, I'm 8w9 sp/sx/so. I value so the very least. However I'm realizing I have to be better at it.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  25. #25
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    You're a real sweetheart.

    machintruc just told me that I'm special.

    How kind.




    PS: You said I was LSI earlier, what does that have to with me being E6?
    PPS: What is "informal statistics" ? The number of people you know or see on a daily basis?
    PPPS: Granted, I'm 8w9 sp/sx/so. I value so the very least. However I'm realizing I have to be better at it.
    Nobody can know what your IM type is, because you are stupid

    Informal statistics means your experience of finding some combinations less frequent and others more frequent.

    You're not an Eight, but a Ten.

  26. #26
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Informal statistics means your experience of finding some combinations less frequent and others more frequent.


    So, "your (own) experience", ok.
    That's what I thought.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  27. #27
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I haven't.
    That's because his whole self-image fits perfectly into your little Ti system, Phaedrus.

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I challenge him to a duel. Winner takes you. I can shoot an ant with a .498362104961246 Colt Magnum Super Eagle Jaguar from 999,999 yards away.

    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E
    Sounds like me. Is he Se leading?

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Your description of yourself sounds like the type of person I really respect. You're my supervisor are you not?
    Of course it does. Anyone would respect someone like that. That's because someone like that is practically impossible to dislike or respect or admire. UDP has spent along time carefully concocting this idyllic mixture of 8w9 and LSE, which is so fucking unlikely; such a rareity, that he believes he's one of the most special people on the planet.

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    You're a Six.
    I have entertained that concept before. Alas, I still see One. I think he misinterprets himself massively. Notice how he'll constantly be going on about morals and shit. No Eight would go on about that as much as he does. He's trying to fit into LSE as much as possible, because he's afraid of sounding like a Fe/Ti type. He's afraid that people will work out that he doesn't give a flying fuck about Fi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    UDP's list of PRO's and CON's describes an extremely obvious Eight.
    Absolutely. For once in your life, you are completely correct (except grammatically).

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But they don't seem to describe very much UDP, at least from what I know about him on the forum.
    THANK YOU.

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    We have to be cautious with the hypothesis of UDP being Eight because LSE Eights are unfrequent.
    Maybe he's not an LSE. Maybe he's neither an Eight or an LSE.

    Besides, I think you may be an Eight, because of your stubborn denial.
    Are you taking the piss? You really think that if someone is stubbornly in denial, that this is the criterion for one's being an Eight? Come off it, machintruc.

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    What statistics are you talking about?
    His own.

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Informal statistics that tells you that LSE-6 is easier to find than LSE-8.
    Yeah, your own.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    That's because his whole self-image fits perfectly into your little Ti system, Phaedrus.
    His self-image is that of an Eight. I don't care which type he is, as long as his self-image is consistent with how he describes his own behaviour and the type he thinks that he is.

    Absolutely. For once in your life, you are completely correct (except grammatically).
    Sorry about two of the three (')s.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    I am married to an 8w7.

    There are parts to the man that I find incredible.
    He is an amazing marksman.
    I love how he can take control of a situation without having to think about it first.
    He garners respect because he is respectful and powerful at the same time.
    He is fun.
    He is full of adventure.
    He takes care of the 'head in the clouds' me.
    He is a perfectionist when it comes to repairing things or remodeling etc.
    He works like a dog and never complains.
    He cracks me up how Speedway Gas Stations are an ideal place to eat in his mind.

    Flip side....

    Cheater.
    Pounds around the house (stomping and slamming) when he is upset/mad.
    Behavior police to others 24/7.....(Law Enforcement in real life too)
    Narrow vision of the world is just fine in his opinion.
    Jumps to conclusions.
    A B R A S I V E

    Sounds like me, except for the bad things, I hope . And I don't cheat.

    ::Edit::

    In all honesty, I am probably more boring than fun.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

    "Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm wicked boring. But I don't care. It's who I am, baby.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  31. #31
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Your description of yourself sounds like the type of person I really respect. You're my supervisor are you not?
    Hmm. Why would you respect that person? Seems to have the same number of pros and cons as anyone else. Yes, supervisor.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  32. #32
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hmm. Why would you respect that person? Seems to have the same number of pros and cons as anyone else. Yes, supervisor.
    For these points:
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    PROs
    - Extremely loyal to inner circle of friends, (never cheated)
    - Very willing to give time, energy, and resources to those it considers close to, or things that seem very worthy
    - Enjoys seeing those he cares about succeed, be happy, and feel safe
    - Take-charge
    - When not in the negative states described below, self-assured and calm. A rock other people can depend on.
    - Very much likes putting effort into things in order to get a high quality result (work, relationships, intimacy, hobbies, areas of interest, etc).
    - Will always look for the truth, regardless of the implications of the truth - positive, negative, happy, unappealing - it doesn't matter. Fixation on truth. Sniffs out secrets, hidden ideas, tests loyalties and principles to examine and size up people, a good interrogator.
    - Always looks at hard questions, not afraid to ask or be asked them. Not one to shy away from the truth *
    - At best positively encourages, helps, and challenges other to become better and try harder at whatever they do. Enjoys leading, working together with others, and achieving worthy goals. When very healthy, magnanimous.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  33. #33
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'm wicked boring. But I don't care. It's who I am, baby.
    That's right. Eights are boring.

  34. #34
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    His self-image is that of an Eight. I don't care which type he is, as long as his self-image is consistent with how he describes his own behaviour and the type he thinks that he is.
    This is funny because it shows you're far less concerned with the truth than you are with logical consistency. That is where you and I differ. I want the truth out there, you want logical consistency. I can dig logical consistency. Can you dig the truth?

    Sorry about two of the three (')s.
    Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'm wicked boring. But I don't care. It's who I am, baby.
    Yes. Who you are, baby.

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    That's right. Eights are boring.
    You're boring. And that wasn't just an insult. It was objectified. You truly bore the shit out of everyone. I'm the only person who takes sympathy on your systematisation of the world, because, all in all, I understand how you operate, and I understand that you totally miss the point.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  35. #35
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You're boring. And that wasn't just an insult. It was objectified. You truly bore the shit out of everyone. I'm the only person who takes sympathy on your systematisation of the world, because, all in all, I understand how you operate, and I understand that you totally miss the point.
    I'm boring. OK. And I don't need your sympathy.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This is funny because it shows you're far less concerned with the truth than you are with logical consistency. That is where you and I differ. I want the truth out there, you want logical consistency. I can dig logical consistency. Can you dig the truth?
    Are you nuts? It is exactly because I am concerned with the truth that I don't have a strong opinion on UDP's type. Why should I have an opinion on his type when the only thing that is relevant is his correct type? I simply have to accept his self-typing as long as it makes sense, that is, as long as it is not contradictory. And so should you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •