Thread: INTjs, do you find it easy to market your theories?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs, do you find it easy to market your theories?

By market, I mean that you are confident in your ability to provide new and novel scientific theories that you think have value to many people. (and thus, would be useful to ESFjs)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    By market, I mean that you are confident in your ability to provide new and novel scientific theories that you think have value to many people. (and thus, would be useful to ESFjs)
    Not really. I mean, if you ask me right now for a new and novel scientific theory, I'll be dumbfounded (though I might make up some nonsense if I don't think you'll mind). And I generally don't expect people to care about what I'm talking about unless it's on topic.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relatively. Oftentimes it is generally more that I provide a new perspective than a new theory.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I once designed a theoretical model to solve the problem of world hunger, but unfortunately, the napkin was inadvertantly recycled under my 'Go Green' regime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I think I'm really good at instilling my ideas in other people. I mean, I don't usually present like, huge, all-encompassing theories that explain major parts of the world, but I do often use my very personal(and imo completely correct) understanding of things in order to assist other people in things that I'm well-versed in.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    Yea I think I'm really good at instilling my ideas in other people. I mean, I don't usually present like, huge, all-encompassing theories that explain major parts of the world, but I do often use my very personal(and imo completely correct) understanding of things in order to assist other people in things that I'm well-versed in.
    So these ideas are all your own extensions to existing ideas, that you feel are relevant to the present situation? (as in, ideas which are in demand?) Do you specifically try to forumulate new ideas that meet the present intellectual demand of your social environment?

For example: people needing to live longer is a demand. Creating a theory whose application may help people to live longer will satisfy the demand. By satisfying the demand, or even making strides toward eventually satisfying it, the INTj is rewarded with self-confidence that their energies are being directed the right way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"So these ideas are all your own extensions to existing ideas, that you feel are relevant to the present situation? (as in, ideas which are in demand?) Do you specifically try to forumulate new ideas that meet the present intellectual demand of your social environment?"

The term "intellectual demand" is a really vague one, but if I understand correctly, then yes I do try to do that with basically everything. Most especially I enjoy helping learn and understand things that I feel are necessary to know(this can range from teaching them about health to simply helping them with a math problem.)

I think I just basically enjoy teaching in all aspects though.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, let me clarify. Take socionics for example: the theory has clearly limited scope, yet the demand for a theory which more completely describes personality is clearly observable in the laments of people who wonder why things "turn out the way they do". Do you feel an inner sense of compulsion to expand the existing theory in response to these questions, especially if you see that no one else appears to be doing such to your satisfaction?

In the above example, the questioning is the market (the -Fe), and the theory is -Ti coming to "fill" -Fe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Do you feel an inner sense of compulsion to expand the existing theory in response to these questions, especially if you see that no one else appears to be doing such to your satisfaction?"

I always feel a need to clarify and perfect an idea. Most especially, I enjoy exploring the areas in which the idea breaks down and the rules fall apart, because that is most definitely the area of the system which needs improvement and which has the most potential for growth. So, for instance, I am intensely interested in quantum mechanics simply because our basic, common sense perception of reality break down at that point and the need for a completely new and unheard of way of looking at things is required.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    "Do you feel an inner sense of compulsion to expand the existing theory in response to these questions, especially if you see that no one else appears to be doing such to your satisfaction?"

I always feel a need to clarify and perfect an idea. Most especially, I enjoy exploring the areas in which the idea breaks down and the rules fall apart, because that is most definitely the area of the system which needs improvement and which has the most potential for growth. So, for instance, I am intensely interested in quantum mechanics simply because our basic, common sense perception of reality break down at that point and the need for a completely new and unheard of way of looking at things is required.
    OK, that's what I was asking. Very interesting. Thank you for your reply. (and Logos, thank you, as well).

@Brilliand:
    How does MysticSonic's experience compare to your own? Do you have confidence in your ability to clarify existing theories by creating theories of your own?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When considering products for consumption: if it is a good theory, it markets itself.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does MysticSonic's experience compare to your own? Do you have confidence in your ability to clarify existing theories by creating theories of your own?
    Yes, I do. When I learn something new, I will usually reorganize it. I will often mix and match things to come to new conclusions, some of which do fill holes in the theory. And when I work a problem, I will almost always generalize my answer to make that class of problems easier in the future.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Wow...I relate alot to your speculations, MysticSonic and Tcaudilllg...you're taking the words right out of my mouth here. ...Must be that dang Ti HA...
    It applies to creative people in general, because they all have Ti in some capacity or another. I'll make more threads like these in the days to come.