Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 102

Thread: The only three meals necessary in life

  1. #1
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The only three meals necessary in life





    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  2. #2
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wrong! The correct answer is actually:



    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    have to go with the Si dominant on this one

  4. #4
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chopin - 1
    Ezra - 0
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  5. #5
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    have to go with the Si dominant on this one

    yep da Si's know the dill on da food

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  6. #6
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That curry looks good. I could face plant that.

    The Fajita looks good too but the other pics let you down ezra.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  7. #7
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a lot of types know about food.

    negative on the Si. those are all unhealthy and unbalanced food items he posted. a Si would have covered all the food groups and made more well-rounded choices. IMO

    ;P


    i think it would be more like Se.

    " MMM MEAT AND CARBS AND IT LOOKS SO HOT AND STEAMY DELCIOUCS MmMMmMmMMMmmmm EATING THIS WILL MAKE ME FEEL SO SATISFIED" (and greasy afterwards, and it is known, but thats pushed aside to worry about afterwards because the pleasure of eating those things out-weighs that fact. hehehe)
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  8. #8
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    a lot of types know about food.

    negative on the Si. those are all unhealthy and unbalanced food items he posted. a Si would have covered all the food groups and made more well-rounded choices. IMO

    ;P


    i think it would be more like Se.

    " MMM MEAT AND CARBS AND IT LOOKS SO HOT AND STEAMY DELCIOUCS MmMMmMmMMMmmmm EATING THIS WILL MAKE ME FEEL SO SATISFIED" (and greasy afterwards, and it is known, but thats pushed aside to worry about afterwards because the pleasure of eating those things out-weighs that fact. hehehe)
    I actually think what you describe is more Si than Se, by a lot - Si isn't necessarily associated with health. (Umm... e.g., Bionicgoat. )
    Last edited by Elro; 04-22-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  9. #9
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Si isn't necessarily associated with health.
    Yeah man every ISTp i know smokes
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  10. #10
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You guys both lose.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  11. #11
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been suffering through a long Michigan winter and fresh produce is finally back. So for best foods, I'd vote for:







    And these aren't in season yet but they will be and I'm ready!

    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  12. #12
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I've been suffering through a long Michigan winter and fresh produce is finally back. So for best foods, I'd vote for:
    So much green.. What has your husband done to you Slacker?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  13. #13
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    I like pizza and beer. I'm easy pleased.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awwwww, you guys have berry season! I'm jealous. They don't grow well here. At least not raspberries. Too hot and humid. So by the time they get here, they're mediocre and slightly mushy.

    I'd vote for my 3 fav meals, but it would take me way too long to decide.

  15. #15
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default






    (I only like the on-the-go ones, they're better for some reason)
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  16. #16
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd stick with greasy food too if it didn't make me feel like shit 20 minutes later.

  17. #17
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    And rasberries. Used to have a rasberry bush at the bottom of the garden and I would go right ahead and pick them, and then wash them, and then eat them. Tasty.

  18. #18
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    American strawberries are, for the most part, pretty terrible unless you sprinkle them with sugar or drizzle them with honey or something. I do love raspberries and blackberries, though. And I'm probably the only person I know who actually enjoys cranberries.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  19. #19
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I'd stick with greasy food too if it didn't make me feel like shit 20 minutes later.
    Chopper reid says "harden the fuck up LV"






    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  20. #20
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ewww


    That reminds me... in spanish class we have to prepare latin american dishes and my group really wants to make “Cuy” because our teacher told us it's really popular in Peru.
    The only problem is that our local supermarkets do not sell guinea pig.

    haha, we're supposed to go to a pet store today to pick one up.
    I think I'm going to be sick...



    Are you even allowed to do that? I think I'm going to switch groups, lol
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  21. #21
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    American strawberries are, for the most part, pretty terrible unless you sprinkle them with sugar or drizzle them with honey or something. I do love raspberries and blackberries, though. And I'm probably the only person I know who actually enjoys cranberries.
    I love cranberries.

    And California and Florida strawberries aren't that great, but when our local Michigan strawberries come in, yum yum yum! They're smaller and sweeter.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  22. #22
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    ewww


    That reminds me... in spanish class we have to prepare latin american dishes and my group really wants to make “Cuy” because our teacher told us it's really popular in Peru.
    The only problem is that our local supermarkets do not sell guinea pig.

    haha, we're supposed to go to a pet store today to pick one up.
    I think I'm going to be sick...



    Are you even allowed to do that? I think I'm going to switch groups, lol
    I had to do that twice - made gazpacho and churros. The churros were better. (But the gazpacho was not bad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  23. #23
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I had to do that twice - made gazpacho and churros. The churros were better. (But the gazpacho was not bad)
    You don't have to kill a pet for your project.
    Seriously? Why are my friends so fucked in the head?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  24. #24
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Meatburger just what the hell ARE those 3 things ?!

    I'd give em a go, just to see what they taste like, esp the eel.

  25. #25
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    You don't have to kill a pet for your project.
    Seriously? Why are my friends so fucked in the head?
    Because they're taking Spanish?

    Does the teacher approve of this? I missed that minor detail that you were buying a guinea pig to eat it, because I was all, "ooh, Spanish food!" and glazed over the rest of it. Another thing you could do is try to get the pet store people very suspicious of you: "Hmm, can we see that tasty-looking one over there? mmmmMMM!" "How do you think paprika would go on this one?" Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really love eel in sushi. The bowl above the eel looked questionable, though!

    You don't have to kill a pet for your project.
    Yeeeaaah, that sounds like it's going to be interesting. How do you prepare it? Sounds like something that should be roasted over a pit

  27. #27
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Meatburger just what the hell ARE those 3 things ?!

    I'd give em a go, just to see what they taste like, esp the eel.
    Escargot- Snails
    chapulines - Grasshoppers
    Slimy snake - Eeel

    I would have a crack too. I would eat the grasshoppers > eel i think tho. Ive had escargotbefore and it just tasted like chicken.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  28. #28
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Because they're taking Spanish?

    Does the teacher approve of this? I missed that minor detail that you were buying a guinea pig to eat it, because I was all, "ooh, Spanish food!" and glazed over the rest of it. Another thing you could do is try to get the pet store people very suspicious of you: "Hmm, can we see that tasty-looking one over there? mmmmMMM!" "How do you think paprika would go on this one?" Etc.
    I think he really wants us to do it.
    He said "I do not approve and if you get in trouble for killing guinea pigs it's not my problem." But really, I think he wants to try it.
    yeah, I am going to try to avoid that actually. haha, one of my vegan friends would kill me if she ever found out.
    Adopting animals and eating them...

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I really love eel in sushi. The bowl above the eel looked questionable, though!
    Me too
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Yeeeaaah, that sounds like it's going to be interesting. How do you prepare it? Sounds like something that should be roasted over a pit
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  29. #29
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man up meatburger! We'll eat em ALL.

  30. #30
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Man up meatburger! We'll eat em ALL.
    lets do it, we can throw monkey brains in there too. I wonder if your Si would make it more painful for you?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  31. #31
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    jesus christ cancer.

    @mb: dude you have no idea. I'd reel, savor the flavor, and be like "i wonder what kinda parasites this thing had".... ugh... haha

  32. #32
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I actually think what you describe is more Si than Se, by a lot - Si isn't necessarily associated with health. (Umm... e.g., Bionicgoat. )
    bionicgoat is on drugs


    i dont know, i guess my idea of Si is knowing what you need and how much is too much when it comes to food and nutrients. which would end up making them seem healthy.

    i mean..Si polr seems to show itself in people who don't keep track of their eating habits and maybe even hygiene very well...physically unhealthy people...


    maybe explain a Se reaction to that food compared to a Si one for me?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  33. #33
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    None of you can know what Si truly is. Now get me a sandwhich.

  34. #34
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    And I'm probably the only person I know who actually enjoys cranberries.

    nope. i especially like dried ones.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  35. #35
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i love cranberries. i like them in things like muffins since they are tart. plus at thankgiving i love cranberry relish - fresh cranberries chopped up with sugar and oranges yumyum.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  36. #36
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    None of you can know what Si truly is. Now get me a sandwhich.
    Stop putting so much pressure on us.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  37. #37
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    None of you can know what Si truly is. Now get me a sandwhich.
    my ex used to make a mean sandwich, dagwood style. i used to tell him he should open a sub shop.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  38. #38
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    my ex used to make a mean sandwich, dagwood style. i used to tell him he should open a sub shop.
    What's dagwood style?

  39. #39
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    my ex used to make a mean sandwich, dagwood style. i used to tell him he should open a sub shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    What's dagwood style?
    I can make a dagwood!
    Seriously, my first job was bussing tables at this Irish Pub but then one day they fired the forty year old cold prep guy and they put me in the kitchen making sandwiches.

    and NO ONE can finish a dagwood, lol.
    they're huge
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  40. #40
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I can make a dagwood!
    Seriously, my first job was bussing tables at this Irish Pub but then one day they fired the forty year old cold prep guy and they put me in the kitchen making sandwiches.

    and NO ONE can finish a dagwood, lol.
    they're huge
    thanks for explaining it :|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •