Thread: Betas are shit

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas are shit

My brother is missing and we have placed flyers all over the area to get information. Today a guy (SLE) called home and then came personally saying that he had found my brother in an hospital.

He invented the whole stuff. My father and I caught him in many contradictions, so we told him that if we happened to find my brother, we could give him some money in reward to his help and asked him for his address. Obviously the guy lied once more time.

Thing is, the scum saw one of the flyers and came home thinking he could get some easy money by faking a report. We had stopped his plan but my EIE mom started to become emotional and the guy managed to get some money from her.

I wonder how shitty such people can be, and how stupid other members of that quadra are also.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I wonder how shitty such people can be, and how stupid other members of that quadra are also.
    I'm sorry for your situation, but it's really not type-related I don't think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Creepy-bg

My brother is missing and we have placed flyers all over the area to get information. Today a guy (SLE) called home and then came personally saying that he had found my brother in an hospital.

He invented the whole stuff. My father and I caught him in many contradictions, so we told him that if we happened to find my brother, we could give him some money in reward to his help and asked him for his address. Obviously the guy lied once more time.

Thing is, the scum saw one of the flyers and came home thinking he could get some easy money by faking a report. We had stopped his plan but my EIE mom started to become emotional and the guy managed to get some money from her.

that sucks...

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the impression that it is, now that I've been interviewing lots of people. From guys like that to police officers who couldn't care less about distractions from their crime activities (!). Beta shit everywhere.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry about this... it sucks and it's horrible...

But once again, I think you're blaming the group for the actions of one of its members - a member whose actions may not even reflect the nature of the group he belongs to.

If A = {a1, a2, a3, ..., a1000} and a29 is "bad"... this does not mean that all members of A are bad. For instance, a36 and a102 might be lovely people by your standards.

I over-simplified this so much it could appear condescending, so sorry about that.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    I know you could get dropped for saying that to any beta

Some guy comes in to talk about your missing brother, and you type him?? His being SLE isn't even reliable, as you were typing him from a stressed mindstate.

Then you go on to make some dumbass generalization, and continue to assert its veracity.

I wouldn't want to have to get started on the narrow-minded sanctimony I have witnessed with deltas...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I know you could get dropped for saying that to any beta

Some guy comes in to talk about your missing brother, and you type him?? His being SLE isn't even reliable, as you were typing him from a stressed mindstate.

Then you go on to make some dumbass generalization, and continue to assert its veracity.

I wouldn't want to have to get started on the narrow-minded sanctimony I have witnessed with deltas...
    This is exactly what i was thinking. Try to ignore Mike's generalisations though, if he really believes them it would be better not to say them out loud. But its his stressed mindstate thats not making it any better. Hes probablly quite upset about his brother. The dude who did that sounds like a total asshole and if it was my brother (i dont have one) i would have hit him with a peice of 2x4 over the back of the head.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I'm sorry for your situation, but it's really not type-related I don't think.
    I am going to actually agree here with mikemex that it is usually very easy to get money from an EIE thru unethical means, and it's painful to watch. I speak form experience.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    lol fuck you
    lol this goes to prove that the title of this topic is correct.
    Last edited by Park; 04-20-2008 at 07:31 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    lol fuck you
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess i can understand what it feels like in that situation, but saying a whole quadra is shit is just retarded.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    i guess i can understand what it feels like in that situation, but saying a whole quadra is shit is just retarded.
    Can you take it MORE seriously and literally?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this in general discussion?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just think if the thread title was "Betas are the shit" betas would love this title instead of hate it.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and fuck you.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mikemex is getting counterphobic.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually empathize with mike's situation and would be extremely pissed if someone tried to pull that shit on my family. Him blaming it on betas kind of clouded that, though. I'm wondering, mike, why didn't you beat the guy's ass?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a) He's a Six
    b) He's an IEE, and hence doesn't condone that attitude towards others. Rather, he holds feelings of hate towards the individual
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    a) He's a Six
    b) He's an IEE, and hence doesn't condone that attitude towards others. Rather, he holds feelings of hate towards the individual
    Hahaha, the image of you holding a gun behind a rock and doing psychological analysis is totally hilarious!

(just in case it isn't obvious enough, I am referring to the mental image I get as a combination of your avatar and the content of your post)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a horrible situation, mikemex. I hope your brother is found.

I also think it's bad that instead of realizing he's just stressed, a bunch of people are attacking him instead of realizing he's just freaked out.

Granted, it's not nice to say a whole quadra sucks. But I've seen lots of people say they prefer this type or that type, which is essentially saying the same thing. The fact is, it's an opinion. Some people don't like deltas...so what? Some people also don't like cheese (yes, every single type of cheese). So what. They aren't saying anything about you personally. And we all know there are awesome people and crappy people of all types.

So have a little sympathy for someone whose brother is gone. that's a really awful thing to happen.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    that's a horrible situation, mikemex. I hope your brother is found.

I also think it's bad that instead of realizing he's just stressed, a bunch of people are attacking him instead of realizing he's just freaked out.

Granted, it's not nice to say a whole quadra sucks. But I've seen lots of people say they prefer this type or that type, which is essentially saying the same thing. The fact is, it's an opinion. Some people don't like deltas...so what? Some people also don't like cheese (yes, every single type of cheese). So what. They aren't saying anything about you personally. And we all know there are awesome people and crappy people of all types.

So have a little sympathy for someone whose brother is gone. that's a really awful thing to happen.
    I would expect this response from a delta, lol. I have previously stated that I empathize 100% with his situation. Even so, I do not see the point in him making stupid generalizations about a quadra, especially if he's in a muddied frame of mind. He should recognize that he is essentially looking for an answer to mitigate his anger, and thus refrain from asserting it to others as if it's true.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less time posting on the internet = more time to look for lost brother.

This would fix a couple issues that have been brought up with this thread.

1. Finding brother. Yay.
    2. Look like much less of a dumbass for generalizing so much and making people get defensive and turning this into a people bitching at you thread instead of saying, "sorry to hear that, hope you find him" etc...
    Now, the issue with the "police officers who couldn't care less about distractions from their crime activities"... What type of situation is this in the first place? Is your brother a crackhead that nobody really cares about, a famous cross country skiier that a lot of people care about, just a regular joe-schmo that a lot of family care about? Just knowing a bit from my past about missing persons... If someone lives a somewhat shady lifestyle in the first place, the last thing they really want to do is put a bunch of effort into finding someone that they'd rather not find anyway. I do hope this isn't the case and you have just ran across a few assholes in the process of looking for a loved one.

Hope ya find him though.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope your family finds your brother mikemex. If anything like that happened to my family I'd probably freak out with panic, so I feel understanding about your anger; it's quite natural, but try not to let yourself hate on a whole group of people for one unhealthy individuals wrongdoing.

You just have to know that there are creeps out there in this world, and it doesn't have anything to do with quadra, It has more to do with bad brain function, and upbringing. That guy probably hates himself inside, and he probably lives a horrible life already; He will get whats coming to him naturally with his horrible karma.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The betas I know:

EIE: Disruptive girl around the office of my LIE friend. Plays victim all the time and tries to perform political games on co-workers. A SEE I know neutralized her after attempting to get her job.

LSI: He's the boss in the side office. Manages a set of courses directed toward people who has a hard time getting their title. He literally sells assistance and approbation. Small mafia player who shares money with the director.

SLE: Math teacher in engineering. Part of a "gang" that tries to monopolize the thermodynamics lab. He has sabotaged several people so they get thrown out. The last one was an ESE I know.

LSI: Lab technician. Part of the above "gang". The worst asshole I've seen in years. Uncooperative with everyone except "his people".

SLE: Industrial. He owns a factory, but it's stalled because he has tried to cheat everyone he has worked with and has ended up with no partners.

SLE: Technician. Always playing the role of the middle man, he often spoils otherwise good partnership opportunities due to his compulsion to always be the one who profits from projects. The last time tried to put us, my ILE friend and me, to work for free making an engineering project that he inteded to put other people he hired doing.

And the list goes on, and on. But yeah, I get your points people.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple solutions to all of these, mikemex:

EIE: Disruptive girl around the office of my LIE friend. Plays victim all the time and tries to perform political games on co-workers. Play victim and perform political games on her ass

LSI: He's the boss in the side office. Manages a set of courses directed toward people who has a hard time getting their title. He literally sells assistance and approbation. Small mafia player who shares money with the director. Become the director, and make a hard time of getting to this title

SLE: Math teacher in engineering. Part of a "gang" that tries to monopolize the thermodynamics lab. He has sabotaged several people so they get thrown out. The last one was an ESE I know. Monopolise the entire corporation, then you can just buy his way out

LSI: Lab technician. Part of the above "gang". The worst asshole I've seen in years. Uncooperative with everyone except "his people". Become one of "his people"

SLE: Industrial. He owns a factory, but it's stalled because he has tried to cheat everyone he has worked with and has ended up with no partners. When you're manager, you can buy his factory out and own him

SLE: Technician. Always playing the role of the middle man, he often spoils otherwise good partnership opportunities due to his compulsion to always be the one who profits from projects. Act like the middleman (even though you won't be), and profit from all your projects

And the list goes on, and on. But yeah, I get your points people. Good, you can be even more ambitious
    N.B. All these pursuits are entirely compatible with one another. They just require a bit of effort. Stop whining and do something about your shitty position in the food chain

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    The betas I know:

EIE: Disruptive girl around the office of my LIE friend. Plays victim all the time and tries to perform political games on co-workers. A SEE I know neutralized her after attempting to get her job.

LSI: He's the boss in the side office. Manages a set of courses directed toward people who has a hard time getting their title. He literally sells assistance and approbation. Small mafia player who shares money with the director.

SLE: Math teacher in engineering. Part of a "gang" that tries to monopolize the thermodynamics lab. He has sabotaged several people so they get thrown out. The last one was an ESE I know.

LSI: Lab technician. Part of the above "gang". The worst asshole I've seen in years. Uncooperative with everyone except "his people".

SLE: Industrial. He owns a factory, but it's stalled because he has tried to cheat everyone he has worked with and has ended up with no partners.

SLE: Technician. Always playing the role of the middle man, he often spoils otherwise good partnership opportunities due to his compulsion to always be the one who profits from projects. The last time tried to put us, my ILE friend and me, to work for free making an engineering project that he inteded to put other people he hired doing.

And the list goes on, and on. But yeah, I get your points people.
    lol, I see your point. There is a general attitude in beta that lends itself toward certain behaviors. My dad's old SLE "friend" gave him a boat as payment for some remodeling my dad did on his house...turns out the boat wasn't even paid for...so my dad took him to court, and soon after the little bitch declared bankruptcy.
    4w3-5w6-8w7