Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default @Joy: definition of field

Given a group of objects, a field is their common function.

Agree or disagree?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I... wouldn't put it like that. It's not the product of their interconnectedness, it's the interconnectedness itself.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I... wouldn't put it like that. It's not the product of their interconnectedness, it's the interconnectedness itself.
    That's what I meant, that the interconnectedness is a function. It is the function that they have in common. For example, if Y is a function of X, then X is the field. The set of points on the X axis have that in common, that that they produce Y axes. The X axis, in this case, is the field linking the points.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    That's what I meant, that the interconnectedness is a function. It is the function that they have in common. For example, if Y is a function of X, then X is the field. The set of points on the X axis have that in common, that that they produce Y axes. The X axis, in this case, is the field linking the points.
    This is a very, very static view of fields. I would say that the the X axis could be just another object (except that it's only called the X axis as part of a Ti theory). The concept that the Y axis exist on the X axis is a field.

Bleh. This example is difficult for me to relate all of the introverted information aspects to. (The example itself is Ti.) Perhaps later I'll write object vs. field descriptions of all of the information aspects.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION

internal dynamics of...
    objects:
    fields:

external dynamics of...
    objects:
    fields:

internal statics of...
    objects:
    fields:

external statics of...
    objects:
    fields:
    SEE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider the object/field dichotomy an illusion these days. It was obviously devised to explain the difference between extroverts and introverts in terms of behavior, sporting a rule like "extroverts have extroverted dominant functions whereas introverts have introverted dominant functions."... I say introverts look like introverts because their ego block perceiving function is limiting as opposed to empowering, and this gives me all the explanatory power I need.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I consider the object/field dichotomy an illusion these days. It was obviously devised to explain the difference between extroverts and introverts in terms of behavior, sporting a rule like "extroverts have extroverted dominant functions whereas introverts have introverted dominant functions."... I say introverts look like introverts because their ego block perceiving function is limiting as opposed to empowering, and this gives me all the explanatory power I need.
    If it's an illusion, are there only 4 information aspects?

It's not about extroverts and introverts, it's about extroverted information aspects vs. introverted information aspects.
    SEE