Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: @Joy: definition of field

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default @Joy: definition of field

    Given a group of objects, a field is their common function.

    Agree or disagree?

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I... wouldn't put it like that. It's not the product of their interconnectedness, it's the interconnectedness itself.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I... wouldn't put it like that. It's not the product of their interconnectedness, it's the interconnectedness itself.
    That's what I meant, that the interconnectedness is a function. It is the function that they have in common. For example, if Y is a function of X, then X is the field. The set of points on the X axis have that in common, that that they produce Y axes. The X axis, in this case, is the field linking the points.

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    That's what I meant, that the interconnectedness is a function. It is the function that they have in common. For example, if Y is a function of X, then X is the field. The set of points on the X axis have that in common, that that they produce Y axes. The X axis, in this case, is the field linking the points.
    This is a very, very static view of fields. I would say that the the X axis could be just another object (except that it's only called the X axis as part of a Ti theory). The concept that the Y axis exist on the X axis is a field.

    Bleh. This example is difficult for me to relate all of the introverted information aspects to. (The example itself is Ti.) Perhaps later I'll write object vs. field descriptions of all of the information aspects.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION


    internal dynamics of...
    objects:
    fields:

    external dynamics of...
    objects:
    fields:

    internal statics of...
    objects:
    fields:

    external statics of...
    objects:
    fields:
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I consider the object/field dichotomy an illusion these days. It was obviously devised to explain the difference between extroverts and introverts in terms of behavior, sporting a rule like "extroverts have extroverted dominant functions whereas introverts have introverted dominant functions."... I say introverts look like introverts because their ego block perceiving function is limiting as opposed to empowering, and this gives me all the explanatory power I need.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I consider the object/field dichotomy an illusion these days. It was obviously devised to explain the difference between extroverts and introverts in terms of behavior, sporting a rule like "extroverts have extroverted dominant functions whereas introverts have introverted dominant functions."... I say introverts look like introverts because their ego block perceiving function is limiting as opposed to empowering, and this gives me all the explanatory power I need.
    If it's an illusion, are there only 4 information aspects?

    It's not about extroverts and introverts, it's about extroverted information aspects vs. introverted information aspects.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •