Thread: How would an EIE/ENFj react to a

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How would an EIE/ENFj react to a

romantic SLI-IEE relationship (with pronounced caregiver-infantile activity) in movies? (e.g Bridget Jones Diary)

What would be the EIE thinking/feeling when faced with a strong and healthy relationship between an SLI-IEE couple? (movies or IRL, doesn't matter)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    romantic SLI-IEE relationship (with pronounced caregiver-infantile activity) in movies? (e.g Bridget Jones Diary)

What would be the EIE thinking/feeling when faced with a strong and healthy relationship between an SLI-IEE couple? (movies or IRL, doesn't matter)
    Puzzlement with the IEE for seeing anything in the SLI, perhaps? If the EIE I know irl is any indication, maybe frustration at the lack of attention to Se?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"OMG, that relationship will be a total distaster. I mean, LOOK AT HIM! He doesn't seem to care about her at all." ...at least that were my thoughts after Bridget Jones Diaries.

I can see why my IEE sister is happy with her SLI husband, but I know I'd rip his head off if I had to live with him.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    "OMG, that relationship will be a total distaster. I mean, LOOK AT HIM! He doesn't seem to care about her at all." ...at least that were my thoughts after Bridget Jones Diaries.

I can see why my IEE sister is happy with her SLI husband, but I know I'd rip his head off if I had to live with him.
    You seen Juno? I'd be interested to know what you think of Juno's relationship with Paulie.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You seen Juno? I'd be interested to know what you think of Juno's relationship with Paulie.
    Would you recommend it?

By the way, what was YOUR reaction to Bridget Jones' diary? Was it a total "disTaster" for you too?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't understand her actions and motivations, I thought Paulie (the husband guy, right?) was a total asshole. I figured they deserve each other. I couldn't imagine myself having fun in such conversations that they had, but they actually seemed to enjoy those a lot. I felt sorry for the woman (EIE) for having married Paulie.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. I thought he was one of the blandest, most passive people I have ever seen. I didn't see what she saw in him; I didn't see how she could love him. He didn't actually offer her anything.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. I thought he was one of the blandest, most passive people I have ever seen. I didn't see what she saw in him; I didn't see how she could love him. He didn't actually offer her anything.
    Yeah exactly. He was a total jerk.

Soo... you're EIE too now?
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I found his character to be very rich and endearing.

See, here we have an infantile/caregiver dynamic. He hooks up with a caregiver in order to be cared for - to save him from the tedious details of everyday life (i.e. responsibility) so that he can follow his own interests.

But all of a sudden, the caregiver wants him to be a caregiver - how can an infantile care for an infant? Why didn't his wife understand this about him? But, he didn't want to rock the boat and forfeit his own security, so he agreed, begrudgingly. When the situation came to a head, he had to let her know, "dude, I just can't do this - I thought you knew that. And, if you didn't, we don't need to be together because you don't know me or understand me at all". Heart-breaking

I can see how he may have appeared bland and passive on the surface, perhaps. But once he warmed up to Juno, we found out that he was actually very interesting, talented, introspective, affectionate, etc.