TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Remember remember the 5th of November..."

V for Vendetta

V as INTp?

His hidden agenda seemed to have been falling in love with someone. Also, consider that he prized above all justice (-Fi), and that the -Fe terror of the times stood in the way of it. By bringing justice to the UK, he empowered the people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V has been mentioned in the ISFj thread. Beginning at post 94.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESI makes sense for him, based on his harsh justice. Si makes sense as an 8th function for him, too.
    Last edited by Joy; 04-17-2008 at 06:09 AM.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE you idiots.

clear as fucking day, as the movie is 100000% beta.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    EIE you idiots.

lol thank you, i was just about to post this minus the "you idiots" part. i agree that the movie seems highly beta.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's Fe/Ti > Te/Fi, I would definitely suggest LSI. The IJ temperament is a perfect fit for him, as is Se creative.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE you idiots.

Moron.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the Se. I had actually thought LIE for him... but EIE is just as well. I often mix up the whole F/T thing anyway.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's definitely not Se dominant. Se creative types are different though. Se dominants exude energy, Se creatives "budget" it. They're restrained, balanced, calm, and collected.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The movie is confused about exactly what it wants to be. V seems to value both Fe and Fi, and be strong in practically every other function. His final plan to create an uprising with masks, using himself as the figurehead of the revolution, was Fe, (though not enough in and of itself for me to say that he must be an Fe type) but before this can occur, we see behavior ranging from strong Ti to strong Fi to strong Se and maybe even Si. And the movie's villains seem predominately Beta, so if V is beta then it's "betas vs betas", which is weird.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    The movie is confused about exactly what it wants to be. V seems to value both Fe and Fi, and be strong in practically every other function. His final plan to create an uprising with masks, using himself as the figurehead of the revolution, was Fe, (though not enough in and of itself for me to say that he must be an Fe type) but before this can occur, we see behavior ranging from strong Ti to strong Fi to strong Se and maybe even Si.
    yeah; in many ways the movie is very unrealistic. that is more a reflection (actually) of the beta values of the movie than about V's character.

And the movie's villains seem predominately Beta, so if V is beta then it's "betas vs betas", which is weird.
    is that really so weird?

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, now that I think about it I don't really see his Fe either. I think I'm still of the belief that he's LIE.

As for his Se... he seems a bit too hesitant and a bit too good with Ni for that.

What he has done is come up with a well thought out long term plan of revolution... a very patient, methodical plan... I don't think this says much if anything about his type... though it may suggest rational>>irrational. Anyone can plan though.

Once he meets Evie (or whatever her name is) he seems to start to doubt all of it. He seems to become a little hesitant. He seems to want her approval so that he can be reassured that it's a good plan after all, or what he's doing is in fact called for or the right thing to do. And even though he had it all thought out in great detail, at the end he leaves the train lever in her hands. She will make the decision about whether to send it on its course or not.

It's not that he's terribly indecisive or overly hesitant, or that Se ego types couldn't be indecisive or hesitant. And though he doesn't seem very self-assured, it's not really that either... because anyone could not be self-assured.

The only reason when watching the movie the first time that I thought he had things under control was that he had it all planned out to the letter. The plan was so well done it could practically execute itself. What I didn't trust was his ability to follow through, and I wasn't sure if self-doubt would get in the way of his ability to complete his plan. (ETA: other than the fact that the movie was obviously going to end with a big explosion, and revolution, and uprising, etc.)

Meh. Anyway, I think this lovely description of the Se as the 6th fct from the oft overly quoted Wiki fits him rather well:

The individual tends to feel capable of achieving his goals, but hesitates on whether the path he is choosing is the right one. In these cases he needs to feel the support of others in order to be motivated to finally choose.

He likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.
    Also I think it was his highly detailed form of longterm planning that is probably contributing to me thinking TeNi.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that really so weird?
    I don't know if it's genuinely a weird thing, but I dare to say that since learning about socionics I've been able to spot opposing functional values between good and bad fictional characters pretty frequently, usually with both sides exaggerated to either extreme.