Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 57

Thread: pointless subtype experiment

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default pointless subtype experiment

    i went through my userlist on wikisocion and forced myself to give every user on it a subtype. in doing so, i used the following definition of subtype: whichever function is more emphasized or apparent in the person's persona. this definition is intentionally vague.

    here is the result, not to be taken with any degree of seriousness. i'm not even sure i agree with a few of the base typings in it at this point.

    anndelise: ILE-Ne
    bee: SEI-Fe
    bionicgoat: SEI-Si
    cracka: ESE-Si
    dee: SEI-Fe
    dioklecian: LII-Ti
    elro: ILE-Ne
    gilly: ILE-Ti
    hkkmr: ILE-Ti
    jxrtes: ILE-Ne
    kamangir: SEI-Fe
    labcoat: LII-Ti
    logos: LII-Ne
    lokivanguard: SEI-Si
    machintruc: LII-Ti
    ms kensington: LII-Ti
    science as magic: LII-Ne
    slava: ILE-Ne
    steve: ILE-Ne
    strrrng: LII-Ti
    thehotelambush: LII-Ne
    themime: SEI-Si

    ashton: SLE-Se
    baby: IEI-Ni
    bulletsanddoves: IEI-Fe
    drd252: SLE-Ti
    elena: EIE-Fe
    eliphalet: IEI-Ni
    ESTP: SLE-Se
    eunice: IEI-Fe
    ezra: SLE-Ti
    garmonbozia: IEI-Ni
    herzy: SLE-Se
    hitta: IEI-Ni
    jadae: EIE-Fe
    jarno: IEI-Ni
    jessica: LSI-Se
    jimbean: LSI-Se
    kristiina: EIE-Ni
    loki: IEI-Fe
    mercutio: SLE-Se
    misutii: IEI-Ni
    mustachio: SLE-Se
    nerv_damage: IEI-Ni
    onetreehilluver: EIE-Ni
    phaedrus: LSI-Ti
    potatospirit: LSI-Ti
    redbaron: IEI-Fe
    rocky: LSI-Ti
    smilingeyes: LSI-Ti
    starfall: IEI-Ni
    sunshine lively: SLE-Ti
    UDP: LSI-Ti
    vague: IEI-Ni

    blauritson: ILI-Te
    cogsci: ILI-Te
    diana: ESI-Fi
    expat: LIE-Te
    FDG: SEE-Se
    iconoclast IX: ILI-Te
    implied: ILI-Ni
    jonathan: ILI-Ni
    joy: LIE-Ni
    khamelion: SEE-Fi
    kspin: ILI-Ni (possibly the least confident subtyping of any)
    liveandletlive: SEE-Fi
    niffweed17: ILI-Te
    quirk satellite div: ILI-Te
    reyn_til_runa: ILI-Ni
    salawa: ILI-Ni
    scarlettlux: SEE-Se
    xiuxiu: ILI-Te
    XoX: ILI-Ni

    aut0: LSE-Si
    heath: SLI-Te
    minde: EII-Fi
    munenori2: EII-Ne
    rick: IEE-Fi
    rita: EII-Ne
    rmcnew: EII-Fi
    slacker mom: IEE-Ne
    snegledmaca: SLI-Te
    subterranean: EII-Fi
    tereg: IEE-Fi

  2. #2
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Was sure I was registered as a user also

  3. #3
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SubT as an Fi sub-t?

    Interesting, because his Ne seems far more evident to me. I figured that might be one reason why he seemed to go back and forth with INTj not so recently.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  4. #4
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I'd regard myself as more of a Ne subtype for both the INTj and INFj descriptions, though I suppose it's a matter of perception and context and degree etc.

  5. #5
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not on it.

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I'm not on it.
    you must not be important enough

  7. #7
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    you must not be important enough
    Ooohhhhh.... you need to be on the userlist?

    I don't even have a wikisocion account.
    But now I do.

  8. #8
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *sigh* I'm the same type as Kamangir, theMime and Goat? People here don't listen.

  9. #9
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    *sigh* I'm the same type as Kamangir, theMime and Goat? People here don't listen.
    At least the Si-focus isn't mistaken by anybody. Even if other things are.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  10. #10
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    At least the Si-focus isn't mistaken by anybody. Even if other things are.
    He's not ISTp.

    SLIs take their clothes off on the first date, LV's a prude.

  11. #11
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    At least the Si-focus isn't mistaken by anybody. Even if other things are.
    Yeah guess that's true. Si = chocolate.

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    He's not ISTp.

    SLIs take their clothes off on the first date, LV's a prude.

  12. #12
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    He's not ISTp.

    SLIs take their clothes off on the first date, LV's a prude.
    he took his clothes off on our first date

  13. #13
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    he took his clothes off on our first date

  14. #14
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    he took his clothes off on our first date
    That's because it's HOT in arizona.

  15. #15
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    That's because it's HOT in arizona.
    Oh sure... blame it on the weather.
    It wasn't Arizona that was getting you hot.

    Stupid goat.

  16. #16
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've changed your list in the interests of being annoying...
    Someone add me on!
    I just registered.

  17. #17
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If anmericancer is an ENTp, she is probably a Ti sybtype.

    If glamourama is an INFp - Fe subtype.

    If Cyclops is an ISTp...maybe Si subtypes. Not really sure there.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i expected all of this bullshit. i was also expecting some amounts of semi-constructive commentary, but i suppose that was naive.


    this was more about the subtypes of some of those people on the list than about changing the people on the list or adding new people. instead... some of the changes that loki made i could sort of live with or am ambivalent towards because they were not confident anyway. others i'm less happy about. at least three of the changes i would veto as immediately insensible.

    but then again, loki's changes obviously reflect her views and not mine.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Was sure I was registered as a user also
    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    not interested. I'm not on this list.
    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I'm not on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Someone add me on!
    I just registered.
    my list refers to my userlist at wikisocion. which you are not on because i'm not claiming to know what type you are.

  20. #20
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i expected all of this bullshit. i was also expecting some amounts of semi-constructive commentary, but i suppose that was naive.
    I don't think everyone would have a subtype.

  21. #21
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    --

  22. #22
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i expected all of this bullshit. i was also expecting some amounts of semi-constructive commentary, but i suppose that was naive.
    If you expected it then why did you not explain that in your initial post

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I've changed your list in the interests of being annoying.
    Why'd you not put me on?

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Yeah, I'd regard myself as more of a Ne subtype for both the INTj and INFj descriptions, though I suppose it's a matter of perception and context and degree etc.
    and why is that?

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If you expected it then why did you not explain that in your initial post
    what are you even talking about

  25. #25
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And you are wrong yet again.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't think everyone would have a subtype.
    and what is your rationale for that?

  27. #27
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    what are you even talking about
    This:

    i expected all of this bullshit
    if you expected it why didn't you do something to fix it beforehand?

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This:



    if you expected it why didn't you do something to fix it beforehand?
    umm... i was referring to the derailing commentary and attacks on my typings. how exactly am i supposed to fix that beforehand?

  29. #29
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    umm... i was referring to the derailing commentary and attacks on my typings. how exactly am i supposed to fix that beforehand?
    in regards to people being left out;
    i dunno, by saying in your initial post you left people out who you felt you were far too unsure about, and perhaps they could tell you what they thought they were?

    In regards to attacks on your typings;
    suck it up, you post a quite a lot of junk yourself, no offense

  30. #30
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    this was more about the subtypes of some of those people on the list than about changing the people on the list or adding new people. instead... some of the changes that loki made i could sort of live with or am ambivalent towards because they were not confident anyway. others i'm less happy about. at least three of the changes i would veto as immediately insensible.
    Yes, I think I was being rather tactless. Your post was of a more serious nature than I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    Why'd you not put me on?
    Good freaking god. I have no opinion on your type.

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    and what is your rationale for that?
    Okay... I'll pick Garmonbozia as an example. I actually would think she's IEI-Ni... because Ni is the most prominent thing about her... so much so that it can be difficult to tell if she's IEI or ILI. But someone like Bionicgoat, for instance, just seems pretty solidly SEI... not overly Fe or overly Si.

  31. #31
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with a good deal of your typings, niff. Oddly enough (or not, depending on the view), some of the people whose types I disagree with, I agree upon the subtype which they evince most clearly. Such as elro being Ne, LV being Si, etc.

    I'm not sure what other types of commentary I could give that would be otherwise enlightening/interesting.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    in regards to people being left out;
    i dunno, by saying in your initial post you left people out who you felt you were far too unsure about, and perhaps they could tell you what they thought they were?
    that was never the point. i do not try to type everybody, because i don't know everybody.

    believe me, if want to ask me what i think of their types, i'm usually happy to respond.

    In regards to attacks on your typings;
    suck it up, you post a quite a lot of junk yourself, no offense
    ok, i'm glad.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

    Okay... I'll pick Garmonbozia as an example. I actually would think she's IEI-Ni... because Ni is the most prominent thing about her... so much so that it can be difficult to tell if she's IEI or ILI. But someone like Bionicgoat, for instance, just seems pretty solidly SEI... not overly Fe or overly Si.

    i don't disagree with that at all, ftr.

  34. #34
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Phaedrus, ILI, possibly Te subtype

  35. #35
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    that was never the point. i do not try to type everybody, because i don't know everybody.

    believe me, if want to ask me what i think of their types, i'm usually happy to respond.
    I spoke with you on Stickam yesterday about falling off of cliffs under the username "Allieoxenbee" and if you have any idea of my type, adding it would be appreciated.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I spoke with you on Stickam yesterday about falling off of cliffs under the username "Allieoxenbee" and if you have any idea of my type, adding it would be appreciated.
    i'm aware of who you are.

  37. #37
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama
    interesting. I think if you met me, you'd think differently.
    I think if we met a lot of other people here we might think differently about a lot of things about them.

  38. #38
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Yeah, I'd regard myself as more of a Ne subtype for both the INTj and INFj descriptions, though I suppose it's a matter of perception and context and degree etc.
    and why is that?
    Well, comparing the Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov subtype descriptions, there are bits of the ethical subtype that don't strongly fit me (while the Ne description describes me better):

    I perserve with work for longer than most people, but I am not 'very' hardworking.

    I am firm in my principles, but only when I am sure what they are.

    I do not lack the ability to joke or flatter, though I have a rather blustery way of doing these things.

    I do gesticulate when I'm talking, in a a rather robotic kind of way - to emphasise a point, I might upturn the palm of a hand or something. But not in a particularly significant way.

    I probably smile more frequently than 'they seldom smile', but it really depends.

    In the descriptions of 'sexual behaviour', the Ne description describes me very well when I'm with people I trust, whereas the Fi description is problematic in some places: I do not require 'proofs of love', or at least I don't demand them.

    I could go into greater depth, but it'll probably just get boring.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Well, comparing the Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov subtype descriptions, there are bits of the ethical subtype that don't strongly fit me (while the Ne description describes me better):

    I perserve with work for longer than most people, but I am not 'very' hardworking.

    I am firm in my principles, but only when I am sure what they are.

    I do not lack the ability to joke or flatter, though I have a rather blustery way of doing these things.

    I do gesticulate when I'm talking, in a a rather robotic kind of way - to emphasise a point, I might upturn the palm of a hand or something. But not in a particularly significant way.

    I probably smile more frequently than 'they seldom smile', but it really depends.

    In the descriptions of 'sexual behaviour', the Ne description describes me very well when I'm with people I trust, whereas the Fi description is problematic in some places: I do not require 'proofs of love', or at least I don't demand them.

    I could go into greater depth, but it'll probably just get boring.
    so just based on the descriptions?

    those are terrible.

  40. #40
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    so just based on the descriptions?

    those are terrible.
    Really? In that case I go by your suggestion.

    (I don't know how I would judge the relative strengths of my Fi and Ne when I'm not even sure if I'm Fi dominant).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •