Thread: Need help with typing :)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need help with typing :)

I'm trying to type this guy I know. Any help / insight would be appreciated.

He's got an obvious Si or Se thing going - not sure which though. He's really into surfing, skateboarding and sports in general. I only see him in relaxed settings so it's hard to tell whether he's an irrational or a rational. He's pretty quiet - esp in group situations he'll just sit around observing and laughing at other people's jokes mostly, inserting a few comments here and there. He comes across pretty goodnatured and easygoing - pretty evenkeeled. When he writes, he comes across a lot more outgoing than he is in real life. Like he'll go over the top with smileys and exclamation points and that sort of thing - not sure why. Not really sure whether he's a logical or an ethical type. He's a kind sort of guy - in a mild way though. I'm thinking maybe Fi creative? Idk He can be demonstratively affectionate in spurts - like he'll suddenly pick you up and spin you around out of the blue or something - in a confident sensory-type sort of way.

Anyway, any ideas?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I'm trying to type this guy I know. Any help / insight would be appreciated.

He's got an obvious Si or Se thing going - not sure which though. He's really into surfing, skateboarding and sports in general. I only see him in relaxed settings so it's hard to tell whether he's an irrational or a rational. He's pretty quiet - esp in group situations he'll just sit around observing and laughing at other people's jokes mostly, inserting a few comments here and there. He comes across pretty goodnatured and easygoing - pretty evenkeeled. When he writes, he comes across a lot more outgoing than he is in real life. Like he'll go over the top with smileys and exclamation points and that sort of thing - not sure why. Not really sure whether he's a logical or an ethical type. He's a kind sort of guy - in a mild way though. I'm thinking maybe Fi creative? Idk He can be demonstratively affectionate in spurts - like he'll suddenly pick you up and spin you around out of the blue or something - in a confident sensory-type sort of way.
    He sounds like your Identical to me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not really much information. He sounds like a Fe-aware introvert, and irrational rather than rational. I agree with Ezra, ISFp sounds likely. Also, despite the surfing and sports thing, he could also be INFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

Possibly your identical, as Ezra says. Also possibly an INFj. I've seen them blend into groups in an unassuming way like you describe, and I know a couple who are into what seems like ISTp type of sports, which i've suspected is got something to do with having an ISTp activator friend or two at some point, and Si 6th function 'seeking'.

This typing of him could be
    incorrect but it's something to keep in mind.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 04-17-2008 at 12:38 PM.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    It's not really much information. He sounds like a Fe-aware introvert, and irrational rather than rational. I agree with Ezra, ISFp sounds likely. Also, despite the surfing and sports thing, he could also be INFp.
    What makes you say irrational?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    He sounds like your Identical to me.
    Could be I suppose - though his sensory function seems a lot stronger than mine (and I'm Si subtype). Though that could be a gender difference too - idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Possibly your identical, as Ezra says. Also possibly an INFj. I've seen them blend into groups in an unassuming way like you describe, and I know a couple who are into what seems like ISTp type of sports, which i've suspected is got something to do with having an activator friend or two at some point, and Si 6th function 'seeking'.
    I think I remember you saying that you VI INFjs pretty well. Are there any physical characteristics/mannerisms that stand out to you?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    What makes you say irrational?
    It's very little, but what you said about him doing things on what seemed to be spurs of the moment.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    It's very little, but what you said about him doing things on what seemed to be spurs of the moment.
    Oh ok. What I was refering to was a reaction of his to formality on my part - I went to shake his hand to say goodbye to him and he picked me up and gave me a massive bear hug lol which totally took me by surprise, being that he'd been pretty undemonstrative up to that point. He said 'you won't do that again will you'. haha Anyway, I'm telling you this because I think it may point to something which I'm not quite sure of. lol Ne-valuing? Idk