Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESFps: what do you think of white logic (Ti) types ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFps: what do you think of white logic (Ti) types ?

I mean : LII's, LSI's, ILE's, and SLE's.

I know SEE's may have some hostility for , but what do you think of types exactly ?

Do you think they're rigid ? stone-hearted ? smart ? boring ? attractive ? unfriendly ?

What do you think of types exactly ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you sure you really wanna know?

i view them as boring, irritating, insensitive, closed-minded, and rigid.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post

Yeah but then ? How do they bore you or irritate you ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Yeah but then ? How do they bore you or irritate you ?
    Like that?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Like that?

haha pretty much. um ure just not fun and when i try to have fun you evaluate it and in the process attempt to ruin my fun. you're boring because you're predictable.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my SEE sister described my LII best friend as "too picky, needy, and nosey".. she doesn't know anything about typology. On the flip side, he described her as "a selfish brat".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha pretty much. um ure just not fun and when i try to have fun you evaluate it and in the process attempt to ruin my fun. you're boring because you're predictable.
    Aren't types interesting at times ? You know, their weighty thinking, their stubbornness, their large emotional scale, their loud and controlling nature ?

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    my SEE sister described my LII best friend as "too picky, needy, and nosey".. she doesn't know anything about typology. On the flip side, he described her as "a selfish brat".
    SEE's aren't really selfish or unfriendly. They're just boring, pushy, and weak-minded.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't types interesting at times ? You know, their weighty thinking, their stubbornness, their large emotional scale, their loud and controlling nature ?

SEE's aren't really selfish or unfriendly. They're just boring, pushy, and weak-minded.
    no interesting and don't correlate IMO. SEEs boring?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, SEE's initially love the Ti like catnip, but long term exposure causes distress.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no interesting and don't correlate IMO. SEEs boring?
    Yeah. Though they look overwhelming at first, they usually aren't as stimulating as ESE's or SLE's.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are those opinions set in stone?

I've never encountered myself behaving that way. I'll have you know that a good ESI friend of mine said the exact opposite. She said that I was 'scary.' I was taken aback by that comment and I asked what she meant by being scary. She said that I was not so much intimidating, but unlike others, she never knew how I would react or what I would say. In our little group of friends, I was the unpredictable wild card. Another SEE friend of mine said something similar to that effect.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably speaking to your ability to pressure her weak spot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But she speaks as such nonetheless.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    probably speaking to your ability to pressure her weak spot
    It seems logos is good at pressuring weak spots.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not SEE but I think Ti types are quite interesting. We clash, but if distance is kept at a safe level, it can even be good.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Are those opinions set in stone?

I've never encountered myself behaving that way. I'll have you know that a good ESI friend of mine said the exact opposite. She said that I was 'scary.' I was taken aback by that comment and I asked what she meant by being scary. She said that I was not so much intimidating, but unlike others, she never knew how I would react or what I would say. In our little group of friends, I was the unpredictable wild card. Another SEE friend of mine said something similar to that effect.
    they're not set in stone but they're the opinions i've formed from my experiences with types. i totally agree with the scary comment- u guys seem to always be watching me- as if you're carefully plotting and waiting to exploit my weak haha don't get me wrong though- i have many good types as friends... it's just not my cup of tea.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're not set in stone but they're the opinions i've formed from my experiences with types. i totally agree with the scary comment- u guys seem to always be watching me- as if you're carefully plotting and waiting to exploit my weak haha don't get me wrong though- i have many good types as friends... it's just not my cup of tea.
    I can assure you that LIIs (or at least not me) do not sit around delighting at the thought of exploiting the PoLRs of others, especially since it can often be counterproductive to the + LIIs are generally fishing for or trying to upkeep. "Im LIIcat. Im n ur hed exploytin ur whyte box polr." It is just not something that we think about. Oftentimes is not used to exploit weaknesses in social settings. It is the primary tool used to get to know people. I'm aware that inquisitive used in such a capacity sometimes seems like the LII is putting you on the defensive about your beliefs or who you are, but that is just not the case, as the LII is just trying to get a feel for your system such that they can know how to better translate what you say to them and what they say to you.

Not your cup of tea, eh? Then how about going out for some coffee then?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can assure you that LIIs (or at least not me) do not sit around delighting at the thought of exploiting the PoLRs of others, especially since it can often be counterproductive to the + LIIs are generally fishing for or trying to upkeep. "Im LIIcat. Im n ur hed exploytin ur whyte box polr." It is just not something that we think about. Oftentimes is not used to exploit weaknesses in social settings. It is the primary tool used to get to know people. I'm aware that inquisitive used in such a capacity sometimes seems like the LII is putting you on the defensive about your beliefs or who you are, but that is just not the case, as the LII is just trying to get a feel for your system such that they can know how to better translate what you say to them and what they say to you.

Not your cup of tea, eh? Then how about going out for some coffee then?
    i'll give u guys another try- which do you prefer dunkin, starbucks, or elsewhere?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll give u guys another try- which do you prefer dunkin, starbucks, or elsewhere?
    I prefer local coffee joints.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer local coffee joints.
    me too! i think u wud really like espresso royale up here by me. it's very funky on the inside with cool decorations and chairs and stuff with good music and i no this is dumb and not a big deal, but if u sit there they serve u ur coffee in these big glorious coffee mugs (i LOVE big glorious coffee mugs). see you soon
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Though they look overwhelming at first, they usually aren't as stimulating as ESE's or SLE's.
    this is why you're an LII. don't make generalizations like that though... we're able to keep an ILI's attention and heart which is much more than ESEs or SLEs can say.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too! i think u wud really like espresso royale up here by me. it's very funky on the inside with cool decorations and chairs and stuff with good music and i no this is dumb and not a big deal, but if u sit there they serve u ur coffee in these big glorious coffee mugs (i LOVE big glorious coffee mugs). see you soon
    That actually does sound like an award winning combination. There is a local place that is a little more low key called Stir Crazy that is cheap, good coffee, plenty of sitting room, and with 'big glorious coffee mugs.' I'll probably be in Boston in November briefly for a conference. Depending on whether I have time or am nearby, it sounds like I will have to try and check this place out.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're able to keep an ILI's attention and heart
    Like ILI's have attention and a heart...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like you're one to talk...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry face! Grrr
    LII

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose it wouldn't be the first time I was called a robot.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

To jump in, SEE's sound like a lot of fun.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use that holographic thought process! The types aren't all defined by their relation to LII.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Use that holographic thought process! The types aren't all defined by their relation to LII.
    You missed the point.

I just don't fuckin' understand why SEE's like ILI's. They're such a whole bunch of hostile nerds. You know, Talanov (ILI) himself said that SLE's, LSI's, and ILI's were the most "hostile" types.

So how SEE's, who are friendly people, can actually like them ? That's quite fuckin' strange...

LII's are cool people. ILI's aren't

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it so ironic that you claim ILIs are so hostile, yet your avatar and location talk about hate. And the way you post about Gamma demonstrates your hatred. Of course, I can't help but wonder whether you know this and do the irony deliberately for fun, or whether you genuinely believe what you say. I don't know you well enough to decide either way, although I know what certain other members think.. heheheh
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You missed the point.

I just don't fuckin' understand why SEE's like ILI's. They're such a whole bunch of hostile nerds. You know, Talanov (ILI) himself said that SLE's, LSI's, and ILI's were the most "hostile" types.

So how SEE's, who are friendly people, can actually like them ? That's quite fuckin' strange...

LII's are cool people. ILI's aren't
    I'm sure that SEEs ask the same about what ESEs see in LIIs.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Cyclops

Machintruc, from what he writes about SEE, and at least equally, even more so ILI, does not understand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- @ cyclops- thank you

- @ logos- i hate when NTs are called robots- it makes me sad and it's not true... well, you guys may be all NT and roboty on the outside but deep down on the inside you guys are all fluffy and cuddly SFish

- @ machintruc- i know the SEE/ILI relationship may be hard to wrap your head around but it works. i'm pissed cuz i just wrote a huge long passage on what our relationship is like but my computer decided to be an idiot and somehow delete it but yeah if u really want me to i can write it again.

- @ logos- maybe it's just me and cuz im constantly around /, but i think the ESE/LII relationship may be easier to understand than the SEE/ILI relationship. idk, i can see how our relationship can be hard to grasp.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mach, you like to talk about things you do not understand in a negative light.. as if they are not worthy of being understood anyway. If there was an idiotic personality disorder I think you would qualify

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- @ logos- i hate when NTs are called robots- it makes me sad and it's not true... well, you guys may be all NT and roboty on the outside but deep down on the inside you guys are all fluffy and cuddly SFish
    True but this is the image in which we are cast, and it is often a difficult one to escape.

- @ logos- maybe it's just me and cuz im constantly around /, but i think the ESE/LII relationship may be easier to understand than the SEE/ILI relationship. idk, i can see how our relationship can be hard to grasp.
    Interesting. Because from where I stand, and this is perhaps my own sense of negativism, but I wonder what ESEs see in LIIs.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but this is the image in which we are cast, and it is often a difficult one to escape.

Interesting. Because from where I stand, and this is perhaps my own sense of negativism, but I wonder what ESEs see in LIIs.
    aww don't say that! u both benefit from each other equally as much.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww don't say that! u both benefit from each other equally as much.
    Well you have to admit, and this applies to SEEs and ILIs too, that in terms of the social archetypes (let's say of the corny teenage shows) there is almost a bizarre difference in social standing usually between the INTx and ESFx types. It is almost counter-conventional that the nerd is supposed to fit best with the socialite. It seems that we are told by culture that the two mix as well as oil and water, but Socionics is saying that they do get along rather well despite looking like opposite ends of the spectrum.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that we are told by culture that the two mix as well as oil and water, but Socionics is saying that they do get along rather well despite looking like opposite ends of the spectrum.
    The beauty of Yin and Yang...
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not so sure INTx is the archetypal nerd. Well.. maybe I am thinking there are different types of nerds. Example- ENFj... suckup / spineless / could be called a nerd. I have also known an ISFp-Fi nerd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    In my experience, SEE's initially love the Ti like catnip, but long term exposure causes distress.
    What liveandletlive was describing did not sound like loving Ti like catnip.

Maybe SEEs appreciate the introverted nature of LIIs though. That's not the same as being big on Ti specifically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast