Aeryn Sun: SLI

Ka D'Argo: SLE

Zhaan: EII

Rygel: EIE

Chiana: SEI

Pilot: EII

Bialar Crais: LSI

Scorpius: LIE
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two EIIs, you think? Maybe I'll have to check out the show.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Stark and Moya?

I completely agree with these two

I think I agree with these ones

John Crichton: ILE

I'm not sure about these two

But it could be because they're both annoying, especially Rygel.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

I completely agree with these two

I think I agree with these ones

I'm not sure about these two

But it could be because they're both annoying, especially Rygel.
    I'm not surprised. D'Argo and Rygel were the two characters whose types I struggled with the most. So I'm quite open to suggestions regarding those two.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately the only other type I can really see rygel as is LIE... As for D'argo... I could see maybe LSE... but I suppose SLE might be a better fit. Neither of them really seem to fit easily into a single type.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i agree with that. Im not a fan of farscape though
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, I was hoping for this thread!! Chiana was totally my fave character, funny that she shares my type
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Yay, I was hoping for this thread!! Chiana was totally my fave character, funny that she shares my type
    yeah... we've already established this but Chiana was my fav too, after her it's probably Scorpius (I know, weird ) but he was such a good villan.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about Moya, but I think that Stark could be an IEI. I'm not sure as I do not recall too much of his character to make a confident assessment.
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I'm not sure about Moya, but I think that Stark could be an IEI. I'm not sure as I do not recall too much of his character to make a confident assessment.
    tee hee. I thought Stark was .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tee hee. I thought Stark was .
    Now that I have thought more about it, I am thinking that IEI is perhaps the best fit for Stark. The element is definitely there, but also so is the . Stark (and the rest of his kind from what I gather) is attentive to the emotions of a person especially when a person is dying or crossing-over.

I am still not sure about Rygel and D'Argo though.
    Johari Box

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the whole series. Most awesome.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Farscape

John Crichton: ILE?
    Aeryn Sun: LSI
    Chiana: SEI > IEI
    Stark: IEI?
    Jool: ESE?
    Sikozu: ?
    Scorpius: LIE > ILI
    Braca: ESI
    Last edited by Logos; 04-14-2009 at 05:37 AM.
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    John Crichton: ILE?
    Aeryn Sun: LSI
    Chiana: SEI > IEI
    Stark: IEI?
    Jool: ESE?
    Sikozu: ?
    Scorpius: LIE > ILI
    I'm sure we've done this before... but yeah, great show and I don't see any typings that I disagree with.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I'm sure we've done this before... but yeah, great show and I don't see any typings that I disagree with.
    We have done this before, but I updated some types.
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

I think I like IEE for Zhaan better
    and K'Dargo maybe LSE (not sure)

conflictors for those two just doesn't work for me.

Creepy-bg

oh yeah, you left off Rigel.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added Rygel.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great tv show, agreed with most of your typing.

Ka D'Argo: ESTx
    Chiana: SEI ?
    Rygel: EIE ?
    Stark: IEI
    Jool: ESE ?
    Sikozu: ESI ?
    Noranti: IEI ?
    Grayza: SLE ?
    Last edited by Shining; 01-03-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably very analytical, but I'm almost finished with the show and thought it might be interesting to apply Socionics to it. This makes most sense to me,

Scorpius - LIE or SLE probably works best for his nature; I think he started out SLE as a villain, but evolved into an LIE antihero as the show went on and he became more humble and showed his motivations to be less about power and more about stopping the Scarrans from getting power and control over all other species. Probably my favorite character of the series, before Chiana, Zhaan, and Crais.
    Crais - Se-valuing Ep - he's very situational, but with strong strategic thinking. SLE seems more correct than anything else.
    Chiana - SEE. I liked her chaotic, do as she wants and treat people as you feel about them. And I think that's very Se+Fi way of being.
    John Crichton - LSE imo, but I can see why people might think ILE. The actor might be ILE as well (not sure). But I think his Ne is very situational or serves some kind of purpose or plan and is rather Ej over Ep's more spontaneous and whimsical natures.
    Zhaan - delta NF

More of a pigeonholing

Grayza - ? (I think she's more Ej, not as much Ep or very introverted; maybe EIE or ESE fits best, not so much LSE or LIE). But she seems more beta than anything else though. So maybe SLE or EIE. She didn't seem to have much of a personality imo other than being a conniving bitch.

Pilot - Just wanted to serve a purpose of being a Leviathan pilot, despite being told it's not going to happen. Wanted to experience the universe through one. Doesn't mine serving the needs of the crew, but constantly evaluates the crew and their actions in relation to the ship. "Seems" Fi driven. Maybe ESI or EII?

Rygel - Kind of seems to have the stereotypical Fi polr and commonly makes comments and suggestions that are either extremely selfish or ignores the feelings and well-being of others. So probably some Ti valuing type. I don't think he is extroverted because he's more of a sit back and observe and then manipulate type and not a sensing type because he's not real good at sensory stuff, though he seems to appreciate people and things that are. And he's very good at fooling people. Seems to devalue Te, often coming up with alternate choices where he doesn't have to help or do anything. I think maybe LII?

D'Argo - Not sure. He's a very irritable, harsh person and is quick to react to things. Not very charming or good at dealing with people. I think some ST type, ether Delta ST or Beta ST, but nothing seems to stand out other than that. He does seem to have a fondness for his companions and his family at times. I think that's more of a delta ST vibe.

Aeryn - SLI? Seems either delta or beta ST. But I don't see the Ti harshness of Rygel or Crais. It's almost like it's forced for her to do that, "through training" and all that. There's a lot of Fi in her relations with the Peacekeepers and the crew. A lot of the show is about her coming to terms with her feelings about it all, including John. I think she's a lot more introverted over John.

Braca - He was kind of a spy for Scorpius against Grayza and extremely loyal to Scorpius, despite not having strong feelings towards Scorpius. There was one point that Grayza used drugs on him to see how he felt about torturing and humiliating Scorpius and he admitted that he didn't mind it at all. He was even loyal to Crais before Scorpius took over, knowing that Crais was acting for his own self-interest and not in the interest of the people in his ship, while Crais also was not taking lawful orders from those above him. I think this shows that Braca has more of a logical or definable loyalty and not an emotional one that evaluates someone's character and how they feel about them, such as an Fi type might. So probably LSI imo.

Noranti - IEI? Just seems stereotypically Te polr and has the whole mystical thing going on. Always off in her own world, but seems to help at the right times, usually accidentially or because somebody else coaxes her to help.

Sikozu - Dunno. I just find her a little off-putting. She has some kind of charm that seems artificial to me (not saying it is, just that it comes off that way to me) and doesn't seem to value Fi, by constantly making deals with people behind everyone's backs, yet not reallying holding personal grudges at the same time. I think she's Fe leading? Seems to have that open flightiness of charm of Fe leading and not the mystical or deeper nature of EIEs. So maybe ESE?

In theory, relations would be for John
    John -> Rygel = Illusionary.
    John -> Zhaan = Dual or activator.
    John -> Noranti = Conflictors.
    John -> D'Argo = Mirror or Quasi. I think Mirror or identical would fit better.
    John -> Sikozu = Business.
    John -> Aeryn = Mirror or identical. I Mirror probably fits better.
    John -> Pilot = Semi dual or activator/dual.
    John -> Crais = Quasi. seems fairly accurate. They both seemed to approach things differently enough to cause constant problems.
    John -> Chiana = Benefit. Seems correct. Most of their personal problems happened when Chiana disagreed with John.
    John -> Scorpius = Quasi at the beginning, but more kindred towards the end of the series imo. I think if you get past the trust issues John has with him, they are pretty similar towards the end of the show.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras