Default The Bachelorette participants

can you type this couple?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going strictly by VI--not having seen interviews with either of them--I'm inclined to say that she's ESFj, and he's ISFx. Actually, his type could be any of these--ISFp, ISTp, or ISFj.

Of course, I'll eat my words in a second if a contradictory interview is posted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omgggggggg i was so in love with charlie from that season!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's almost CERTAINLY an ESE and him, either an LII or EII.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes.. i had thought she was an ISFp but i wasn't sure... she is the sensor and he is the intuitive though. I think they are duals.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah after watching a bunch of their youtube videos i'm convinced she's an ESE and he's an EII.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember watching that years ago. lol. I think she seems ESTj>ESFj. I think INFj for him fits.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Bachelorette (Alie)

What type is she? EIE?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happened to catch the last 20 minutes or so of the first episode. The types that stood out to me were Craig LSE and Weatherman either LSI or LIE, but not sure. What do you guys think?

As for Alie, not sure yet. She seems Fe-ego. She also takes things at face value, not really thinking deeper about people's potential alterior motives. Dont know if that means she's a sensor? or just not Fi-valuing? I can't say much more than that at this point.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weatherman: "If Craig M gets a rose tonight, I will know for sure there is no God."

Good grief.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Weatherman: "If Craig M gets a rose tonight, I will know for sure there is no God."

Good grief.
    I know i thought that was absolutely ridiculous. Honestly I dont like the weatherman--he rubs me the wrong way. I missed the whole fight between him and Craig, but feel like he should not have badmouthed Craig to Alie, and he sould have just let her decide for herself who she enjoys being with. then again, with my preliminary typing of Craig as LSE, he probably wouldn't have been the ideal match for her anyway. So win-win for all three, i guess.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    that was a funny clip. Ellen is so funny!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I know i thought that was absolutely ridiculous. Honestly I dont like the weatherman--he rubs me the wrong way. I missed the whole fight between him and Craig, but feel like he should not have badmouthed Craig to Alie, and he sould have just let her decide for herself who she enjoys being with. then again, with my preliminary typing of Craig as LSE, he probably wouldn't have been the ideal match for her anyway. So win-win for all three, i guess.
    I don't like the weatherman either!! My faves so far are Roberto and Frank. Did you see how flustered Alie got when she was talking to Roberto? omg... she has a serious thing for that boy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

that was a funny clip. Ellen is so funny!
    is just like what Ellen does; it throws out a word or a response and just for the kick, to see how it rolls like the red carpet reaction (you know, how people respond to the Fe funny word/word play; you can see how her interviewee laughs at these words -gives emotional feedback while Ellen does not budge...)....lol

In the same regard Fe can use some very painful words to elicit a powerful emotional reaction (to get people to cry or have litterally nervous breakdowns, while they are calm and collected looking themselves).
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-03-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the weatherman either!! My faves so far are Roberto and Frank. Did you see how flustered Alie got when she was talking to Roberto? omg... she has a serious thing for that boy.
    I missed most of that episode!! I will have to watch it online. . .I haven't really liked the Bachelor/the Bachelorette as shows, but it's going to be interesting from a socionics perspective, now that we're discussing it here!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So embarrassed for Casey. That singing... ugh. Cringe! I think he's ESI maybe. Anyone else venture a guess on his type? He creeps me out. He's crazy actually.
    Last edited by redbaron; 06-15-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roberto: SLI? He seems Fi>Fe to me. Cute but boring.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I've been forced to watch this show a few times. Even I can tell that she gets absolutely flooded when she even so much at looks at roberto.
    yeah but I'm starting to think that's a physical thing. I dunno if they have a lot of *emotional* chemistry. Not sure. He's adorable, but not my favorite anymore. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I haven't been watching the Bachelorette much, but i just took a look at Roberto's bio on ABC.com and honestly from the photo on there, the VI's IEE to me. That's just from the one pic though. I will try to catch the next Bachelorette just to assess him more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Oh i didn't mean love in any real way :]
    She just wants the lovin from him. There's a reason I used the word "flooded"
    heh. yup!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see the thing with Vienna and Jake? I have to say, Jake seems like such an ass from this interview. Not that I trust Vienna but it's interesting how there's nearly total misunderstanding between the two. amazing how she couldn't keep herself from interrupting him and he got so mad about it. I remember thinking he could be ESI when he was on the show. But now I'm not sure. At the end of the interview, he summed up his excuse for the end of the relationship: "losing communication along the way". preposterous!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see the thing with Vienna and Jake? I have to say, Jake seems like such an ass from this interview. Not that I trust Vienna but it's interesting how there's nearly total misunderstanding between the two. amazing how she couldn't keep herself from interrupting him and he got so mad about it. I remember thinking he could be ESI when he was on the show. But now I'm not sure. At the end of the interview, he summed up his excuse for the end of the relationship: "losing communication along the way". preposterous!
    I'm willing to bet it can be socionically explained!

Default The Bachelorette, Jake Pavelka vs Vienna Girardi fight

I was viewing this clip on youtube:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_hXCnmhI6E
    I peg Vienna as ILE and Jake as ESI. I remember watching the bachelor and they were instantly attracted to each other. It seems from this clip that both are very upset.

I know, Duh!

Basically, neither one of them seem to understand or care for the other's vulnerability.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that guy was a marble statue until he spoke.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the whole thing, I would be inclined to agree with Pinocchio's typings.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    They're both horrible.
    Yeah, that was bitterly depressing.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was really entertaining. They're both basically psycho. Especially the girl. She was freaking hysterical.

Definitely seems like a conflict between an Se-valuer and an Ne-valuer, but the quadras/types beyond that I can't tell you. EP/IJ seems reasonable, but I question whether or not they're actually conflictors. Certainly their relationship looks like a conflicting relationship, but I'd imagine most really bad breakups could be mistaken for a conflicting relationship. IJ is perfect for him, but I wonder if she isn't EJ/some ethical type. She seems to be an extrovert and he seems to be an introvert. Now that I think about it, he's definitely an Fi-valuer and she's probably an Fe-valuer (look at how he reacts to her big emotional reaction! I wouldn't be surprised if he's Fe superego). Now that I think about it, is LIE/ILE or LIE/ESE unreasonable? I hate to type her ESE just 'cause she's having a big emotional reaction.

He looks so angry the whole interview. He honestly looks like he's fantasizing about ripping up the set and burning it down. It's really entertaining. He does seem a little smarmy and fake, but I think I have more sympathy for the dude. The girl is really annoying. But I mean... he's obviously somewhat of jerk too.

I watched another interview. And I think she's an Fe-ego. But I don't buy SLI for him and certainly not ILI. Shrug. Typing is hard. If I knew them personally it'd be easier. Now that I think about it, she kinda reminds me of an ESE I know. I'd actually say superegos or extinguishment.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Yeah, that was bitterly depressing.
    Now try watching this and tell me how you feel.

Last edited by Park; 07-12-2010 at 04:40 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I can't bear it the guy is such a tool. He's like the fakey douche villain boyfriend in a bad romantic comedy. I mean, I'm not a big fan of her either, she's a little too craaaazy and frenetic.

I will say I am a fan of Bonnie Hunt though. I'm liking her.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly sure she's ESE, and I think he might be SLI, making it a Supervision relationship (which as romantic relationships are infamous for starting well, and spiralling downward rapidly after the initial infatuation phase is over).

It was helpful to watch the "before" videos, when they were happy. The last video Parkster posted ("Vienna's last date with Jake"), especially. I think Vienna displayed certain weaknesses ESEs often have in relationships -- becoming overwhelmed with passion early on, making decisions based on emotion, jumping into things too quickly and not foreseeing what could happen. An EIE, I think, would have picked up on the way things were going sooner, and therefore been less hesitant to leave the relationship (i.e., an EIE would have been less inclined to believe him when Jake said that things would change and he was going to be more physically and emotionally intimate, etc., and not been convinced to stay).

Jake, on the other hand, seems unable to handle Vienna's emotional outbursts. "You keep interrupting me," is his complaint -- he is overwhelmed by her emotional outpourings and seems unaware of how to make her feel better; indeed he seems annoyed that he should have to make her feel better at all. Furthermore, he is frustrated that she doesn't appreciate his Te advice. It makes him feel emasculated that she sees his strengths as of little value -- the GPS thing, for example, or measuring the distance between the bed and the dresser.

I could see LSI for Jake, but this doesn't seem like Semi-Duality to me. Supervision makes more sense. A couple of times he said that he feels like he "can't do anything right" with her, and he clearly feels unappreciated and undervalued. For her part, her main issue seems to be that she couldn't understand why he was pulling away and no longer being intimate, and didn't understand why he felt hurt and resentful when she was just behaving normally with no hurtful intentions. I think this matches up well with Supervision -- a particularly bad case of Supervision.

It's rather heartbreaking to see two people so hopeful and in love in those early videos, and having no idea that they were doomed from the start.

Note: when your family, the people who have known you the longest, don't think a girl is right for you, you should really stop and take them seriously, and examine things carefully before proceeding. Remember: they're the ones whose brains are not addled by the passions of infatuation.
    Quaero Veritas.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad someone else said she was ESE though. That was my first impulse, but I was afraid I was just typing emotion = Fe too shallow-ly. But if I'm not the only one who sees it, ESE makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm almost certain he's not LSI. The only reason I would favor ESI over SLI is that he gives an Se-ego vibe to me. But I guess they don't show much that's characteristic of the extinguishment relation, huh?

EDIT: He's ESI. I *really* think he's ESI.

EDIT 2: But seeing his strengths as related to Te does make a lot of sense. shrug.
    Last edited by silverchris9; 07-12-2010 at 06:09 AM.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Krig, nice explication.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My absolute first instinct was hot-blooded Fe dominant extrovert (her), versus detached, unemotive Fi valuing introvert (him). I read Krig's post and I'm glad someone else agrees.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with her as Fe valuing and him as Fi introvert.
    I rather think the guy is a huge controlling douche (DONT INTTERUPT ME EVEN THOUGH IM LYING BLAH BLAH)

SLI: he has the smug satisfaction smile, he has creative Te.
    I don't understand how one could not get emotional in this situation considering the level of insults.
    I understand the problems in the relationship easily, about the GPS, he sounds like a smarmy asshole when giving his advice.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I'm glad someone else said she was ESE though. That was my first impulse, but I was afraid I was just typing emotion = Fe too shallow-ly. But if I'm not the only one who sees it, ESE makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm almost certain he's not LSI. The only reason I would favor ESI over SLI is that he gives an Se-ego vibe to me. But I guess they don't show much that's characteristic of the extinguishment relation, huh?

EDIT: He's ESI. I *really* think he's ESI.

EDIT 2: But seeing his strengths as related to Te does make a lot of sense. shrug.
    I tend to think an ESI would be less vulnerable to an ESE's emotional outbursts. In the break-up interview, Jake responds to Vienna's repeated interruptions with a "look how I'm being victimized" attitude, whereas I think an ESI would respond by getting more aggressively angry. Jake tries to remain calm, and gets embarrassed when he does raise his voice toward the end. I can't see an ESI getting embarrassed about raising his voice or displaying anger.

Also, if you look at the "Last Date" video, their relationship seems quite Si-centric. The date Jake arranged was all based around gratifying Si -- the hot springs, the "silky" mud, etc. It seems like a typical SLI date, to me.

I'm not 100% certain on SLI for him, but so far I feel like it fits the available data most closely.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    IMO he's just sick of her interruptions which probably happened any time, he knows that she will never let him talk + he's so disgusted by her and has absolutely no respect.
    Additionally, she/they never talked about such thing, I mean she never complained that he tries to control or dominate her - but that he's cold, independent and sick of her nagging - but in defense, after he accuses her of harassment.
    I agree, that was my impression as well.

I'm still convinced that she's an EIE and her extravagant caprices - including her Roman bathroom and fluffy flying cur - were an extreme turn-off for him. Then I noted that EIEs tend to play jealousy games on their partner - which I suspect to be the actual reason for his jealousy - which arouse their Dual, who considers his guilt if things get out of control, trying to do everything possible to fix the things.
    I didn't see that about the Roman bathroom -- did I miss a video?

IME, ESEs are not like this - when they involve in a relationship they become more distant towards other people - and I speculate that at any suspicion, an LII would probably kick her out in a fraction of a second.
    Heh, I don't know about a fraction of a second, but it would definitely make him less willing to try to fix things, instead of more.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I agree with her as Fe valuing and him as Fi introvert.
    I rather think the guy is a huge controlling douche (DONT INTTERUPT ME EVEN THOUGH IM LYING BLAH BLAH)

SLI: he has the smug satisfaction smile, he has creative Te.
    I don't understand how one could not get emotional in this situation considering the level of insults.
    I understand the problems in the relationship easily, about the GPS, he sounds like a smarmy asshole when giving his advice.
    +1
    He grates on me way more than she does. I could see how living with him would be worse than living with a stone, because at least a stone just sits there but with him I'd get that silent know-it-all smugness. Ugh!!! I don't see how it would be possible not to get this emotional with someone like this, just out of pure frustration and powerlessness. I could see myself getting this upset, just hopefully not in public.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could he be LSE?

When he wasn't talking, he did seem Fe-POLR, but when he talks there seems to be a tad too much Fe going on for him to be SLI. But i dont know, i guess the highly charged emotional situation could bring out SOME emotion to his face, even if he were SLI. SLI is pretty close, i'd say. Weak, nonvalued Fe, for sure.

From the fight video, it does seem that there was a huge Fe-valuing vs Fi-valuing mismatch between them. It seemed that Vienne WANTED Fe though. If she were EIE or ESE, wouldn't she be more about providing Fe and seeking Ti? At this point i'm not really sure how to type her.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast