Thread: ENTj?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTj?

I would like to know what a very well adjusted ENTj's characteristics would be. I fit the ENTj description very well except for some things that are commented on. It seems that the profiles make ENTj's out to not show much feeling if at all to people. I agree with this as my father and my friends father are both ENTj's and do not show emotion at all, but would a well adapted ENTj be able to show strong emotion to the people they trust. I show emotion much more than my father or friends father, but like any other ENTj i never let emotions affect my judgement (sharing emotions is not a regular thing for me). I also read that we are usually very objective and do not concentrate so much on subjective matters like lntrospecting. Once again i agree for the most part on my objective goals being mostly on my mind, but i'm very self aware at the same time and am very concious of how people react to me. I constantly monitor myself to make sure i'm not unfair in anyway and if i find something i have been unfair with somebody i care about i feel bad and point out that i was wrong.

The profiles i have read for Socionics ENTj's seem to concetrate on alot of the negatives that are possible for us ENTj's, but not much about when the personality type is running optimally. I feel i operate on a very high level of development due to many huge developmental milestones i have accomplished (see Theory of Disintergration). Some were by choice, others were not. I realize that i do not always need to control my environment physically or mentally. I know that is a common problem mfor ENTj's, but that has only had a mild effect on my personality even though my father was incredibly controling. I take control when it is appropriate, otherwise i'm in the background trying not to standout. I have no problem appreciatiing people and their talents, but talking small talk with them is unbearable. I comment on other peoples talents all the time and will let the person know that i thought their talents are great, but past that i really have nothing to say to them because of lack of similar interests. I know this is another problem area for the typical ENTj.

The profiles also speaks about being very talkative, which i am, but only with people that i know can handle my type of communication (i only know 2 people that can, I know others can but it is extremely hard to find them). I find that almost everyone else cannot handle my energy, passion, optimisim, and intelligence. My confusion about the differences between the typical ENTj and me can also be effected by the fact that i am EG (exceptionally gifted intellectually, confirmed) and tend to experience everything very intensely. I'm not sure if my ability to read people comes from my personality or it is due to being EG. I thought that a well developed Fi function would help read people as well as Te, but some ENTj profiles say that we have trouble doing this type of thing. My ability to read people (emotions and motivations) is one of my favorite talents (typing people is very easy for me), Works great for my Poker endeavours. They also reference our risk taking abilities. I think i might be one of the most risk taking type of ENTj. Growing up was Extreme sports all day (BMX Dirt Jumping, Street Skating, Bungee Jumping. Now my risk taking has do more with my business ventures, but i don't really feel like that is risk taking for me. It is natural as breathing for me. Are there other ENTj's like this? I'm not a Artisan SP type i know this for sure. I test extremely strong on all tests i have taken as ENTj socionics and MBTI INTJ.

I have been thinking about this for a while now and have searched the net up and down to find information that is more relevant to what i was looking for but have not had much luck, so i decided to sign up here and ask you what you think about my situation and maybe you can provide some insights about the ENTj type that i have not been able to find yet. I need some clarrification to settle my mind on my socionics type. I had the MBTI down (typed INTJ), but started learning about Socionics which makes much more sense, but i have trouble trying to keep both systems seperate since i learned so much about MBTI and Keirsey.

Sorry if some of this does not make much sense. It is late and i'm tired but wanted to get this out before i went to sleep. Let me know if you need any clarrification from my side.

Thanks OFL

My types:
    Socionics: ENTj
    MBTI: INTJ
    Enneagram: 8W7 sx/sp/so
    Last edited by OFL; 04-10-2008 at 12:22 PM.