Thread: What types are most likely to

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types are most likely to...

Think of a subject, and decide they don't know as much as the feel they should about it.

Do research until they find a good resource for learning about the subject (book, program, etc.,).

Buy or acquire the resource, and then independently put forth a large amount of effort using the resource to learn about the subject.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/shrug

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Think of a subject, and decide they don't know as much as the feel they should about it.

Do research until they find a good resource for learning about the subject (book, program, etc.,).

Buy or acquire the resource, and then independently put forth a large amount of effort using the resource to learn about the subject.
    my own. but yeah, i agree a lot of people do this.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's mostly T. The behavior you describe will vary in accordance with the manner a types T expresses itself. It depends on which type of topic you're thinking of. I would say ILI does this alot, but then I think there are other fields of interest which don't seem entirely intellectual, but which still require studying. Can't believe I'm actually replying to this stupid question

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp. I know this from personal experience. INTps seem to like being living encyclopedias. I'm really not sure why this is characteristic of INTps in particular, but while other people will do this on occasion, I've never seen anyone with a propensity the like of the INTp.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, maybe I should have said, "What types do this sort of thing A LOT?"

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I don't think most people do this. I mean, sure, we all look up information from time to time, but what types of people spend hours a day researching stuff just out of curiosity?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my INFp brother does it for health and fitness. I do it for psychology. I know an INTj who has to read wikipedia before he believes anything. But he doesn't vigorously research a single topic, he just kind of gets the general gist of whatever topic is relevant at the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably because you made it sound alot more retarded then what we're talking about.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Think of a career that requires one to do so, for example: a university academic. There are university academics of all types.
    Your logic is flawed.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post

It's called inquisitiveness and diligence.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I don't really do it. My LII friend does it to the nth degree. So if we're both interested in something, I wait for her to do the research (which she loves and will do anyway) and get to her tell me the bottom line. Like when we were both pg at the same time, she did the car seat research and junk like that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Reading and reading about a particular useful topic: that's something many types do. My experience tells me that these are types prone to get lots of info, each of them has different goals, of course (showing off, avoid being exposed, enhance himself, etc)

ENTp
    INTj
    ISFj
    ENTj
    ESTj
    ENFp

to me, types not mentioned here don't give a fuck about having more useful information
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If by "the resource" you are talking about one particular resource/book, a set of books, a particular author, or a group of authors coming from the same perspective, then I would see it as Ti related. If you just randomly surf and acquire as much information as possible with no thought for developing a particular perspective, it would be more Te related.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    If by "the resource" you are talking about one particular resource/book, a set of books, a particular author, or a group of authors coming from the same perspective, then I would see it as Ti related. If you just randomly surf and acquire as much information as possible with no thought for developing a particular perspective, it would be more Te related.
    I would fall rather heavily into the second mode, the first one would make me too anxious that I was missing something important.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with this.

My point with INTp was more directed towards the idea of having a question and having the specific process of researching an enormous amount on said subject in order to make a decision or reach a conclusion. For instance, if I ever express question or concerns about anything, I know for a fact that my INTp mom will research it to death and then give me a synopsis of the information she feels is most pertinent. Similarily, my INTp roomie form first year had a book about the best way to co-ordinate clothing and be fashionable. This book was hilariously false, but she preferred to follow a book than to learn from experience or by talking to anyone.

The INTps I know are generally unwilling to do anything before researching it thoroughly first. They need to have an enormous amount of fundemental information on which they can choose what they hypothesize is the best or most efficient course of action before they're willing to experiment at all.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do this. i worked in a library for 5 years before kids........

i do this all of the time with my kids. homeschooling is the greatest excuse to learn new stuff. i live that example of learning for them.
    Last edited by dbmmama; 12-14-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes sense.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Oh, well, we're totally different then. I only worked in a library for 2 years.
    haha!