View Poll Results: Do you own crocs? Or have you tried them?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they're extremely comfortable.

1 4.76%
  • Yes, and I don't find them comforable.

0 0%
  • No, and I hate them. Their appearance offends me, and it's annoying that they're popular.

10 47.62%
  • No, but I don't mind that other so many other people swear by them.

5 23.81%
  • No, but I've thought of trying out a pair.

4 19.05%
  • No, I've never heard of them until now.

1 4.76%

Thread: crocs

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default crocs

I thought someone would have bitched about my avatar by now, but no one has (that I've noticed), so I might as well make a thread.

Apparently these shoes are popular? I didn't know this until after I'd already decided to get some though. Regardless, I think these may very well be the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. At first I thought they'd drive me crazy because they're so loose, but they never fall off or anything like that. Now when I put on other shoes, the other shoes feel really tight, even shoes that used to feel loose. (Makes me think that maybe I've been buying the wrong size, actually. )

Anyways, I was reading about them online and apparently a lot of people hate them. It seems like the people who hate them wouldn't be caught dead in them though, so they haven't actually tried them. A lot of people said that they thought they'd never wear them, then someone bought them a pair, and now they love them because they're so ridiculously comfortable.

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has tried these shoes?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they don't look comfortable to me.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204667614

idk, they look like a recipe for sweat.

lol@ "trouble with your professional-looking footwear, nancy?"
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they kind of scare me. I can't look at them without vaguely thinking of Jason's hockey mask. On your feet.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand them. No offense. I don't care how comfortable they are, I would never wear them. And the fact that they're the "in" thing to wear turns me off even more...sort of like those snow boots females insist on wearing *shudders*

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a fan, but I haven't tried them. They don't look comfortable to me at all - I'm not a fan of plastic in footwear. There are somewhat negative connotations to them here (trailer trash) but that connection might be just here in our area. People thinking that I'm trailer trash for wearing them wouldn't keep them off my feet, but as it happens I have some very comfortable sandals so I haven't been in the market for summer footwear since those came out.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These aren't too bad (I don't think so at least), but they're not really the same shoe anymore. These could work for men.

I dunno, I'm not sure I'd wear them with dress clothes (depends on how I felt about my job I guess lol), but I'm going to be getting another "indoor" pair to wear on inspections where it's either that or go not wear shoes in the house (not really a safe option). And I may end up getting this pair next winter. And I'll probably get my kid a pair instead of buying him sandals this summer.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I'm not a fan, but I haven't tried them. They don't look comfortable to me at all - I'm not a fan of plastic in footwear. There are someone negative connotations to them here (trailer trash) but that connection might be just here in our area. People thinking that I'm trailer trash for wearing them wouldn't keep them off my feet, but as it happens I have some very comfortable sandals so I haven't been in the market for summer footwear since those came out.
    yeah, same. i have a 6 yr old pair of
    havaianas
    that suit me just fine. that said i should probably replace them eventually because they're starting to wear thin.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    These aren't too bad (I don't think so at least), but they're not really the same shoe anymore.
    Oh god. Please, no.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Oh god. Please, no.
    i admit i'm not that big of a high heels fan to begin with but it doesn't make them any more appealing.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Oh god. Please, no.
    I wouldn't be interested in that particular pair. Seems like it would defeat the purpose.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, I don't care that they look weird, and I don't care that they're popular. I love my pair.

Last night when I was at an association meeting I actually found myself thinking "I can't wait until I get home so I can put my crocs back on".

So no, I didn't (and wouldn't) wear them with dress clothes. I just wished I could.

I mostly wear them around the house, but I'd definitely wear them to places like the grocery store, weather permitting.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. i picked the wrong choice on the poll.
    i think croc shoes are extremely ugly, i have no idea why people buy them at all.
    everything about those shoes offends me.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do they float in water? they sort of look like they would. anyhow i voted that i really don't care what other people do. i don't think i'd buy a pair myself, though.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Don't torture your kid!
    "Hey, Travis! Your mom dresses you funny!" LOL (j/k Joy!)

My mom used to make me wear these awful shirts with this red bandana pattern. She sewed them herself, and it showed, and she had lots of the fabric because it was on sale so I wore basically the same shirt over and over, plus she didn't think about the pattern when cutting the fabric (or she cut it so she could get the most shirts rather than so the pattern matched) and the pattern went in all different directions in different parts of the shirts. I was a laughing stock! Did I mention that it was a really loud obnoxious 70s kind of pattern? Of course it was actually the 70s so it could have been worse I suppose. But, still.

I also remember when there were jeans on sale, so she bought me five pairs of the same pair of jeans, and they were the WRONG BRAND by the way, and so it looked like I was wearing the same jeans every day. And the wrong brand to boot.

And this thread reminded me of all that.

The little 6-year-old boy my daughter calls her "boyfriend" wears crocs. He has some little pegs in them with little lizards on the pegs for decoration.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    http://flickr.com/photos/racherach/4...7600158005539/

Kid this cute make even crocs look good...

But I'm more bragging about my Nephew...
    Your nephew is soooo cute!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be noted that President Bush wears crocs.

-Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    http://flickr.com/photos/racherach/4...7600158005539/

Kid this cute make even crocs look good...

But I'm more bragging about my Nephew...
    adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    do they float in water?
    Yes. They were originally developed as beach shoes.

"Hey, Travis! Your mom dresses you funny!" LOL (j/k Joy!)
    If he doesn't want them I won't get them for him, but I have a hunch he'll like them.

I also remember when there were jeans on sale, so she bought me five pairs of the same pair of jeans, and they were the WRONG BRAND by the way, and so it looked like I was wearing the same jeans every day. And the wrong brand to boot.
    LOL sounds like something an LIE would do
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All three of my kids have them and they adore them. Along with those over-priced gibbet thingies. I, however, did not buy them. They got the crocs and gibbets from their grandparents. I initially thought they were ugly but now that I see them everywhere I'm getting used to how they look. I still don't have a pair myself though. I can only dream....j/k.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be noted that President Bush wears crocs.

Crocs with socks....wtf?!?!

I wouldn't mind a pair, but I'm always too cheap to buy them when I'm near a store. Perhaps one day the right combination of me having money and being employed while walking past a crocs shop will occur. I like them personally, I wanna give 'em a go. But then again, I couldn't give a fuck what people think of me based on what shoes I'm wearing. Yes, I like dressing up and being fashionable, whatever, but after double foot surgery, comfort is also pretty sweet. They would be tops to kick around the house or do the grocery shopping in, not sure if I'd team them with a work uniform though. I might try it for kicks, who knows?

Usually if you're the sort of person who would see me and go "ZOMG, she's wearing *shudder* crocs", then I am probably looking at you going "ZOMG this skank thinks I'm a loser because of a pair of shoes, gee I really want to be her friend now *rolls eyes*". In fact, if said hypothetical person acted that way, I'd probably say that out loud on purpose, just to get a rise out her for being judgmental.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike crocs a lot, mostly just the look of them. I mean ugg boots are probablly more comfortable than crocs but theres a reason i dont wear them out. Because i would look like a tosser. Most of the people ive noticed wear crocs are terribly obese and uncaring about their appearance.

I was talking to my mates INFj girlfriend in her shoe store. She said that the women that invented those little toys that go in crocs got millions for it. She just made them for her children and the owner saw them at their local pool.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    They're ugly.

And the fact that there are ones with synthetic fur on the inside make it even worse.
    You don't live in a colder climate, do you?

Basically they're like home inspection friendly slippers, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Crocs with socks....wtf?!?!

I wouldn't mind a pair, but I'm always too cheap to buy them when I'm near a store. Perhaps one day the right combination of me having money and being employed while walking past a crocs shop will occur. I like them personally, I wanna give 'em a go. But then again, I couldn't give a fuck what people think of me based on what shoes I'm wearing. Yes, I like dressing up and being fashionable, whatever, but after double foot surgery, comfort is also pretty sweet. They would be tops to kick around the house or do the grocery shopping in, not sure if I'd team them with a work uniform though. I might try it for kicks, who knows?

Usually if you're the sort of person who would see me and go "ZOMG, she's wearing *shudder* crocs", then I am probably looking at you going "ZOMG this skank thinks I'm a loser because of a pair of shoes, gee I really want to be her friend now *rolls eyes*". In fact, if said hypothetical person acted that way, I'd probably say that out loud on purpose, just to get a rise out her for being judgmental.
    http://www.crocsrx.com/patients.html

I know someone who had really bad achilles tendon problems, and her podiatrist told her to wear those crocs. She said she hasn't had any foot pain since.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I saw a pair of these was four years ago (I was 14 if you're counting) after a minor *ahem* psychotic break down shortly after my Mother died. They were orange and on the feet of a young male RN. I said to him this: "You have well defined cheek bones but I would never consider fucking you just because of those shoes." That's when he made me take my clothes off because "psycho girls can't have clothes because they might hang themselves." I then reconsidered because I found this thing that he said funny. He was nice. He went and bought me a copy of The Republic which soothed me tremendously.

But I never forgave those shoes.
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    You remind me of someone I know but I can't figure out who.
    she's super vivid. always with the shocking shit. especially the croc thing. how could she?
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    she's super vivid. always with the shocking shit. especially the croc thing. how could she?
    People always have vivid memories of traumatic episodes. I remember, for example, every detail of my brothers clothes the day he died and that he had dirt under his nails.

Once when I was 12 and learning to drive I almost hit my horse who was standing in the middle of the road. He had be bitten by a horse fly and I could see the blood on his withers and the white of his eyes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but supervividity in this case is also related to quantity of supervivid shit. anyway, always entertaining, i think?
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    yeah, but supervividity in this case is also related to quantity of supervivid shit. anyway, always entertaining, i think?
    'coo.

(I actually have no idea what you're talking about. Half the shit I say is true. More than half of it.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Garmonbozia View Post
    'coo.

(I actually have no idea what you're talking about. Half the shit I say is true. More than half of it.)

i think you misplaced the apostrophe on " 'coo " or something.the truth of your stories is not in question.
    asd

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah, I didn't know one could change the time stamp from stating year 2006 to year 2008. Way to bring back to life old topics.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the maryjane version of them are cute.
    I don't have a pair yet, but I've been meaning to get some. Thanks for reminding me Joy. They'd be awesome for wet weather cause you wouldn't have to worry about them getting wet (like leather). I think there are some really ugly versions out there though for sure.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I really don't notice what kind of shoes people are wearing, and I don't really care.
    Yeah, that's how I am, too. I only know about these because another inspector told me about them. He wears them inside "take your shoes off" houses.
    SEE