Thread: INTjs <3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs <3

I just wanted to express my appreciation to INTjs in general - and Carla in particular - actually no - just INTjs in general. I don't think the online descriptions of you do you justice. The ones that I've read portray you as scary, detached, sort of out-of-this-world people ... and I don't think that fits you at all. I know quite a few INTjs - two I'm very close to - and they are really kind and caring people. Maybe I'm biased because you're my activity partners - I don't know ... but anyway. These INTjs - I know that if I bring to them any problem or any sort of trouble they focus all their attention on it and they're just there by your side the whole way through supporting you, comforting you and just basically doing everything they can to help you through whatever you may be going through. It's like they make your problem their own and they focus all their energy and attention on it. They seem to have the perfect combination of sympathy and proactivity - where they'll know just how to comfort you and also give you advice on what to do - and they follow through as well - they always do what they say they're going to. I'm not really expressing this in the way I'm meaning to - but anyway that's all I guess. I just think that this side of your personality should be represented in the descriptions.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Carla finally made the cover of National Geographic.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...ia-morell-text
    Dolphin - I'm surprised at you. Calling Carla an animal like that - that's mean.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's nothing, I found Suomea in my math book today.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I don't think the online descriptions of you do you justice. The ones that I've read portray you as scary, detached, sort of out-of-this-world people ... and I don't think that fits you at all.
    I have mixed feelings about this. For one thing, I don't perceive myself as scary; for another, the scary image is kinda cool. I do sometimes stare fixedly at people without really interacting with them; lately, that has meant that I was trying to type them. I certainly don't want to seem scary to anyone who would be scared off, but if someone's going to be impressed, then great.

I know that if I bring to them any problem or any sort of trouble they focus all their attention on it and they're just there by your side the whole way through supporting you, comforting you and just basically doing everything they can to help you through whatever you may be going through. It's like they make your problem their own and they focus all their energy and attention on it. They seem to have the perfect combination of sympathy and proactivity - where they'll know just how to comfort you and also give you advice on what to do - and they follow through as well - they always do what they say they're going to. I'm not really expressing this in the way I'm meaning to - but anyway that's all I guess. I just think that this side of your personality should be represented in the descriptions.
    ...That's beautiful. I would actually like it if more people would ask me for help... but perhaps the scary image actually protects me? Sometimes I can overburden myself, and when that happens, I start dropping things and feeling horrible about it.

I feel very intimidating right now. It could have to do with the fact that I'm hungry, though.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And on topic, having your dad as your activty partner is great. You know how they say that the older you get, the less you need your dual and you kinda get control over your super-ego a bit more? That is very true. He still has a problem with Se though, xD. My dad is a total treasure-trove of knowledge, he is always reading and contemplating everything, makes him a good arguer.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Really? What does he look like?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. For one thing, I don't perceive myself as scary; for another, the scary image is kinda cool. I do sometimes stare fixedly at people without really interacting with them; lately, that has meant that I was trying to type them. I certainly don't want to seem scary to anyone who would be scared off, but if someone's going to be impressed, then great.

...That's beautiful. I would actually like it if more people would ask me for help... but perhaps the scary image actually protects me? Sometimes I can overburden myself, and when that happens, I start dropping things and feeling horrible about it.

I feel very intimidating right now. It could have to do with the fact that I'm hungry, though.
    Yeah - you are getting a bit scary. Maybe you should go eat a pineapple or something.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Wow, I'm awake but my eye lids are soooooo tired.
    Go to bed.

Really? What does he look like?
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - you are getting a bit scary. Maybe you should go eat a pineapple or something.
    The cafeteria doesn't open 'till breakfast - i guess I'll just go to bed. G'dnight.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rip them out and just use saline drops for the rest of your life.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    The cafeteria doesn't open 'till breakfast - i guess I'll just go to bed. G'dnight.
    I can't sleep properly when I'm hungry - I keep waking up with a rumbling stomach ... anyway - Sweet dreams.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Thanks, chopin.

Aww, that's so sweet.

What? Grrrr.

Oh, alright then.

So what do you two think? Do you like the descriptions of INTjs out there?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security!! We have a sabotage attempt! Red alert!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like INTJs too. The thing that surprised me when I met one (after I'd read the descripton) was how outgoing she was. Like, much, much more outgoing than me. She is super confident, will talk to anyone, etc. Yet, she is introverted and needs her alone time. Still, there is nothing "weird" about her unlike the descriptions.

I also like that she clearly defines plans, makes the most practical (and fair!) decisions on where to meet up, etc, and is very trustworthy in following through, etc. There's no confusion as in "so let's meet somewhere around this general area around this sorta time" like I would say and then never end up meeting up because we'd both get lost, etc.

I think Miranda is an INTJ on Sex and the City because my friend talks exactly like her.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I really like INTJs too. The thing that surprised me when I met one (after I'd read the descripton) was how outgoing she was. Like, much, much more outgoing than me. She is super confident, will talk to anyone, etc. Yet, she is introverted and needs her alone time. Still, there is nothing "weird" about her unlike the descriptions.

I also like that she clearly defines plans, makes the most practical (and fair!) decisions on where to meet up, etc, and is very trustworthy in following through, etc. There's no confusion as in "so let's meet somewhere around this general area around this sorta time" like I would say and then never end up meeting up because we'd both get lost, etc.
    Exactly. The ones I know are outgoing and confident too.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Eep.... Help...... If anyone can hear this Kamangir is keeping me in his Math book..... I don't know how long I've been here since all I can see around me is numbers. It is very dark and very scary in here. If anyone hears this please help. By the looks of it I think I'm in the Calculus section.....
    Suomea