Thread: american idol like wow@!43@!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default american idol like wow@!43@!

type the cool people from the awesomest show ever!

simon - Ne-INTj
    paula - Si-ESFj
    Randy - some ESxp
    ryan - Se-ESFp
    david archuleta - Fe-ISFp
    david cook - Ni-INFp
    brooke - annoying as fuck and Fe-ESFj
    carly - awesome and Fe-ENFj
    michael johns - Ti-ESTp
    jason castro - Si-ISTp

don't care about sieyiesha (however the fuck you spell it) and kristi lee cook
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say it, but I think David Archuletta is one of us (IEI).

And Jason Castro strikes me as more ISFp. And not just because he's always high.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I hate to say it, but I think David Archuletta is one of us (IEI).
    plausible

simon isn't an Se valuer. his duality with paula is obvious and he hates ryan. and he uses these abstract metaphors that you won't typically hear from an ISxj
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree, glam. They are ALL douchebags.

Call me an uptight piece of shit, but I like shows that are actually smart. Hate popular, mainstream-y shows that are too guilty pleasure-ish. Usually the best thing is rare...that's what makes it the best.

Now I sound like one of the assholes that hate it because it's popular. But I think that it's popular because it's shitty as much as it's shitty because it's popular.

I hate Southpark btw, (I used to think it was funny but now they're just being assholes just because they can, and that is NEVER EVER EVER a turn-on. EVER), because they usually are douchebags themselves. I like shows that are liberal and uplift-y but understand real emotions and situations. Ie 'Buffy' =p ... early Simpsons years was good, etc.

I like the HBO-ish shows like 'Six Feet Under' but with a more positive bent. Dead Like Me was pretty good.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    Originally Posted by strrrng

simon - douchebag
    paula - douchebag
    Randy - douchebag
    ryan - douchebag
    david archuleta - douchebag
    david cook - douchebag
    brooke - douchebag
    carly - douchebag
    michael johns - douchebag
    jason castro - douchebag

don't care about sieyiesha douchebag (however the fuck you spell it) and kristi lee cook douchebag
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

his duality with paula is obvious and he hates ryan.
    Duality with paula. Hating Ryan? I don't see it. I think Simon pretends to hate Ryan because Ryan is pretty effeminate and easy-to-make-fun-of. I don't like metrosexuals, but I don't like assholes either. They both suck hard to me. Simon is also a total fag himself (listen to how he glees about 'powerful, bitchy women') so he's being hypocritical and wannabe Larry Kramer-ish by picking on Ryan just because he's more of the passive, Lance Bass-ish Gay and not the Bitchy Old Queen gay.They're like Will & Jack really.

How does he have duality with Paula? Wha? If anything it's the opposite. Simon has specifically said in interviews that he loves women that can be fiesty and arrogant and mean and asshole-ish, much like himself. Paula really is just a good girl that likes to bring out the best in people. And Simon probably picks on Ryan because he LIKES him. I think you have it backwards here buddy.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post

simon - Ne-INTj
    paula - Si-ESFj
    Randy - some ESxp
    ryan - Se-ESFp
    david cook - Ni-INFp
    michael johns - Ti-ESTp
    jason castro - Si-ISTp

yay! love this thread

Simon - ISFj
    Paula - ENFp.. but willing to consider ESFj. I notice she seems to ask help from Randy to formulate her words. I thought randy might be an INTj, but ESTp might make more sense. I was trying to figure out the relations with Simon because I work with an ISFj and that ain't how our relationship is, lol.
    Ryan- I DONT KNOW.
    David Archuleta: INFx or ENFj.
    David Cook- ENTp. and fucking HOTT. HOTT. hot. I would be willing to consider INFp but I think he is ENTp. ahem.. and now that i've made stalking the guy a part time gig, i now know that he has a Super crush on Mandy Moore, who I believe is an ISFp.
    Brooke- annoying ENFp -Fi.
    Carly - Exxj..
    Michael Johns - i really wasnt sure... ISFp - Si maybe
    Jason - ENFp or INFp.. though I really don't know. he's not very articulate.
    Syesha - ESFp
    Kristy Lee - I strongly think she is ISTp or ESTj. She seems like she has Fe polr sometimes.

strrrg, i was actually trying to type Ramiele earlier this week. What do you think is her type? She acts like a baby a lot. I thought she was an infantile type. Maybe ENFp or INFj?

btw... i think it's very easy to see the interactions and misconceptions that go on between Simon and any display of Ti or Fe on the show.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 04-09-2008 at 08:31 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    yay! love this thread

Simon - ISFj
    Paula - ENFp.. but willing to consider ESFj. I notice she seems to ask help from Randy to formulate her words. I thought randy might be an INTj, but ESTp might make more sense. I was trying to figure out the relations with Simon because I work with an ISFj and that ain't how our relationship is, lol.
    Ryan- I DONT KNOW.
    David Archuleta: INFx or ENFj.
    David Cook- ENTp. and fucking HOTT. HOTT. hot. I would be willing to consider INFp but I think he is ENTp. ahem.. and now that i've made stalking the guy a part time gig, i now know that he has a Super crush on Mandy Moore, who I believe is an ISFp.
    Brooke- annoying ENFp -Fi.
    Carly - Exxj..
    Michael Johns - i really wasnt sure... ISFp - Si maybe
    Jason - ENFp or INFp.. though I really don't know. he's not very articulate.
    Syesha - ESFp
    Kristy Lee - I strongly think she is ISTp or ESTj. She seems like she has Fe polr sometimes.

strrrg, i was actually trying to type Ramiele earlier this week. What do you think is her type? She acts like a baby a lot. I thought she was an infantile type. Maybe ENFp or INFj?

btw... i think it's very easy to see the interactions and misconceptions that go on between Simon and any display of Ti or Fe on the show.
    :meekly admits to watching this season:

Most of the contestants are trying to be something they're not, and thus difficult to type...That said, Ms. Kensington--I don't mean any offense at all by this, so please don't take any--but just so you know: none of the people that you've typed as ENFp are ENFp, (i.e. Paula, Brook, Jason, Ramielle.) It seems like you've got the wrong idea about us

Rick's ENFp celebrity page on Socionics.us is a great resource and very accurate--it has some good examples to review so that one can learn to id ENFps w/more accuracy... Again, I mean no offense.

I'll give a shot at typing this season's contestants:

I'm sure about these contestants: (at least 80% sure)
    *Jason Castro is ISFp... Pretty clearly.
    *David Archuleta is INFp... Pretty clearly.
    *Brooke is ESFj... Pretty clearly. (And also a sanctimonious piece of... Who the f is voting for her?!)

I'm not sure about these:
    *Michael Johns is ESTj (50% sure)
    *KLC is ESI (50% sure)

As close as I can get for now:
    *David Cook is beta NF
    *Ramielle is beta NF
    *Carly Smithson is..? (It's very difficult to type her!)

The judges:
    *Simon is ISxj
    *Randy is SEE
    *Paula is... ? (She's way out there.)
    *Seacrest is ESFj

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Castro is quite possibly one of the most attractive people i've seen in a long time. I'd definetly rob the cradle for that one.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    :meekly admits to watching this season:

Most of the contestants are trying to be something they're not, and thus difficult to type...That said, Ms. Kensington--I don't mean any offense at all by this, so please don't take any--but just so you know: none of the people that you've typed as ENFp are ENFp, (i.e. Paula, Brook, Jason, Ramielle.) It seems like you've got the wrong idea about us

Rick's ENFp celebrity page on Socionics.us is a great resource and very accurate--it has some good examples to review so that one can learn to id ENFps w/more accuracy... Again, I mean no offense.

I'll give a shot at typing this season's contestants:

I'm sure about these contestants: (at least 80% sure)
    *Jason Castro is ISFp... Pretty clearly.
    *David Archuleta is INFp... Pretty clearly.
    *Brooke is ESFj... Pretty clearly. (And also a sanctimonious piece of... Who the f is voting for her?!)

I'm not sure about these:
    *Michael Johns is ESTj (50% sure)
    *KLC is ESI (50% sure)

As close as I can get for now:
    *David Cook is beta NF
    *Ramielle is beta NF
    *Carly Smithson is..? (It's very difficult to type her!)

The judges:
    *Simon is ISxj
    *Randy is SEE
    *Paula is... ? (She's way out there.)
    *Seacrest is ESFj
    well i didn't type most of those people as enfps for sure, i wasn't sure. why is paula or brooke not an ENFp? Brooke is very annoying. I see ESFjs as more aware of the effect they are creating on others. But who knows. seems that benefit rings appear similar to each other. Also yes i thought David Cook was ENTp but his eyes kept appearing to me as if he were a victim. But I couldn't make sense of it for a long time. still think ENTp > ENFj > INFp

a former contestant i think is a clear ESFj is taylor hicks.

btw, juju, i agree with most of those ENFp typings on rick's site except Borat/Sasha Baron Cohen, but I don't have a better alternative so meh). Also i would point out again that there are some similarities between benefit partners, like Ne/Si etc
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 04-09-2008 at 10:29 PM.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like people are really typing differently here. maybe we should have separate threads for the ones we are most sure on but disagree? like maybe Kristy Lee Cook? Looks like most people agree David Archuleta is INFp. David A. is very dreamy, does appear to have an inner life and takes a while for him to absorb outside information (the content of what people are saying), which I used to type him as Ni and weak Te.

i think simon has been typed by the external resources as ISFj, and again I think the show really reflects that he will clash with any display at all of Fe or Ti on the show. I think we could always go back to that to support typing.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 04-09-2008 at 10:41 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the reason it's tought to tell that Brooke is ESFj is that she's totally fake. In interviews, she attempts to put on a bubbly, optimistic front, but it's obviously forced... Here is one of the more straight-forward interviews w/ her that I could find:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tI5nKJHOQyo

If you watch it--and frankly, I don't expect you to, b/c it's awful--you'll notice that when she rambles, it's about either Fe or Si topics... Her Ne polr is evident when she sequentially narrates her performance history from age 15 onwards, and when (god help us) she talks about food...The EJ temperment vs. EP temperment is pretty evident throughout, (although she tries her best to look EP, which is part of her front.)

A good example of a genuine, female ENFP: Meredith Viera, co-host of the Today Show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Bjez4VAkfk&feature=related

Obvious Ne. Much less contrived.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, juju, i agree with most of those ENFp typings on rick's site except Borat/Sasha Baron Cohen, but I don't have a better alternative so meh). Also i would point out again that there are some similarities between benefit partners, like Ne/Si etc
    Off-topic: (sorry everyone,) re: Borat. That's a good typing by Rick IMO. The interview that he provides on his site is a good one to watch... (Pretty obvious Delta NF.)

Back on-topic:
    Does anyone have any opinions re: Carly from AI's type..? I found her very difficult to type, i.e. not a type w/ which I have much familiarity.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

my typings are absolutely correct

for those of you who responded contemptuously because you think you're so original and don't watch "mainstream" shows, shut the fuck up...pretentious bullshit
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my two cents
    That made me laugh out loud
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simon seems entj to me haha "that was absolutely abysmal..." lol

paula: isfp or esfj; enfp not out of the question

they don't necessarily seem like duals at least not that i can see.

randy: esfp seems likely

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy Jackson is the only judge where type is pretty clear... The other judges have such exaggerated personalities and/or problems w/pills () that it's tough to tell...

I agree with you guys about Paula btw, I wouldn't say that ENFp is out of the question for her--she seems either Alpha or Delta, def. an ethical type... Simon seems Gamma, (maybe, but much less likely imo, beta,) judging-type... That's as far as I can narrow it down for now w/o studying them.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, thanks for answering juju about brooke. I had forgotten one way people can easily spot ESxj is by their rambling stories.. but enfps do this too right? I will listen about the Fe topics.

I agree that Paula is definitely an ethical type. She does seem very emotionally in tune and seems to feel very consciously so that it overtakes her powers of expression or rather that they are never at the forefront of her mind. Her feelings also don't appear to take rational course.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paula is so blatantly alpha! have you seen the Ne agenda - how she mindlessly floats from idea to idea, saying virtually nothing. She also seems Fe>Fi, very aware of the external mood and making sure it's kept intact.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paula's annoying. I like Simon.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simon's cool because he's actually analytical and makes an effort to give objective feedback, which is usually met with a generic boo from the crowd. paula can't say the truth to save her life and randy's too caught up in the new gangsta lingo lol....'check it owwt bayybee'
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these two were supposed to be great friends.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kensington
    these two were supposed to be great friends.
    I could see that, since David is INFp and Michael is ESTp.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see that, since David is INFp and Michael is ESTp.
    i could see those typings. but not sure yet. the more I see the more i consider INFp for Dave. All the factual stuff I think is ENTp and mannerisms, the thing i think sticks out most is Ti reasoning but it didn't seem all over the place like it does (sorry) for most INFps in my eyes, but his vibe and eyes keep saying INFp...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paula is so blatantly alpha! have you seen the Ne agenda - how she mindlessly floats from idea to idea, saying virtually nothing. She also seems Fe>Fi, very aware of the external mood and making sure it's kept intact.
    i think she is also bad at maintaining mood. well, not bad but not very directed or successful. She is aware of the contestant's feelings but she isn't aware of the mood or fe atmosphere -- she never gets it when randy or simon talk about what kind of vibe a performer evokes. She connects first with the individual person's feelings. I don't find that Fe dominants do that first.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simon - Ne-INTj
    paula - Si-ESFj
    Randy - some ESxp
    ryan - Se-ESFp
    david cook - Ni-INFp
    michael johns - Ti-ESTp
    jason castro - Si-ISTp

hey did you change some of these?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe that Brooke is still on this show somehow... Wow. Carly was actually pretty good, although she did come across as kind of angry.

I do agree with whomever said M. Johns is ESTp... I watched an interview and that seems right. Are you still thinking ENTp for D. Cook, Ms. Kensington?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    I can't believe that Brooke is still on this show somehow... Wow. Carly was actually pretty good, although she did come across as kind of angry.

I do agree with whomever said M. Johns is ESTp... I watched an interview and that seems right. Are you still thinking ENTp for D. Cook, Ms. Kensington?
    yeah, I said ESTp for michael. It seemed pretty clear. Carly is ENFj, so maybe her passion came across too strongly (she is unconventional anyway, hence her tattoos and choice of husband lol). As for cook, INFp seems obvious as well; he's got that 'beta fire' thing going on
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in some pics Cook looks ESTp, but he seems so subdued so it would make more sense that if he is beta he is NF. MJ comes off as subdued but yeah he comes off as a strong sensor to me... i don't really know much about him really so i dunno.

If he is INFp he is rational subtype. Juju, I am still not sure but I remember the thing that stuck out most to me in everything he does is Ti reasoning. So that is what I based his typing on. I don't see the Ni in his thinking and i think he has more Ne in his thinking but in producing subtypes or subtypes that you take on your producing function's characteristics more, you don't really see the program function as much (i experienced this with people thinking that I am not INTj) But there seems to be other evidence that might support INFp.. if Carly is ENFj and MJ ESTp it would make sense that these three were close friends and naturally gravitated to each other. But so would members of alpha to beta. I have to say his "vibe" is somewhat enigmatic/able to be confused. But still my mind doesn't let me say I think he is that type.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw do you guys think he (cook) will win?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw do you guys think he (cook) will win?
    I imagine that it will probably come down to two the Davids... Barring any mishaps, Archuleta, I'm betting, will win--b/c it seems that pre-pubescent girls make up a large portion of the voting block.

Strrrng: I think that those last typings you gave, with Carly as ENFj and Johns as ESTp are right on... I will miss Carly--she's a hell of a singer.

As for the rest, does this sound about right? Brook is ESFj. Jason Castro, (whom I voted for last week, thinking that he might get eliminated after he mangled that tune from Cats,) is ISFp, (def Si subtype, btw.) Archuleta is INFp... To be honest, I still have no idea about Cook and Syesha--I'll watch interviews w/ them and then post here re: their types after I do... You both make compelling cases for Cook--I've always kinda suspected Beta NF, but I'll look for what you said, Ms. Kensington... (Maybe it's just that he seems kinda emo, so I stereotyped him...)

Brook White must go this week!

Frankly, I'm kinda ashamed that I've gotten so into this show--but I'm glad at least I have people, (you guys, yay!) to talk to about it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    As for the rest, does this sound about right? Brook is ESFj. Jason Castro, (whom I voted for last week, thinking that he might get eliminated after he mangled that tune from Cats,) is ISFp, (def Si subtype, btw.) Archuleta is INFp... To be honest, I still have no idea about Cook and Syesha--I'll watch interviews w/ them and then post here re: their types after I do... You both make compelling cases for Cook--I've always kinda suspected Beta NF, but I'll look for what you said, Ms. Kensington... (Maybe it's just that he seems kinda emo, so I stereotyped him...)
    I agree for brook. Jason seems more ISTp than ISFp. archuleta is most likely ISFp...he's a friendly alpha (cook, the INFp, is raw and passionate). syesha is some Fe valuing, most likely alpha
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree for brook. Jason seems more ISTp than ISFp. archuleta is most likely ISFp...he's a friendly alpha (cook, the INFp, is raw and passionate). syesha is some Fe valuing, most likely alpha
    I agree with you about Syesha. And actually, this interview with David Archuleta supports your typing of him as ISFp.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4vznIuPTaJo

Jason Castro, I'm not so sure... I've never seen an ISTp as smiley and expressive as Jason, (video below...) If he's ISTp, he'd be the most extreme Si subtype possible. (He's an Si subtype regardless of whether he's an ISTP or ISFp though IMO.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rPogwWDTLxQ
    Last edited by JuJu; 04-27-2008 at 04:25 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I saw him singing for the first time a few days ago. I remembered thinking "wow, he has such a beautiful face..."

I don't know why, but I really love his face.
    Here's an interview with David Cook...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hCeSI5uzukc

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woh... He's definitely a creative guy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a8j0_qfxL-0&feature=related

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i called it first! i have first dibbs on loving the Cook.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I saw him singing for the first time a few days ago. I remembered thinking "wow, he has such a beautiful face..."

I don't know why, but I really love his face.
    maybe because he's freakin beautiful???????

hahaha. *calms down, doesn't want to give herself away*

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast