Thread: frustration

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default frustration

From a socionics standpoint, what would cause a person to experience random/floating frustration through out their life? A suppressed function?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Having your PoLR pointed out/critisized
    2) Having your hidden agenda left unfulfilled for a long period of time
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm neither of those is likely....
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    From a socionics standpoint, what would cause a person to experience random/floating frustration through out their life? A suppressed function?
    I don't think Socionics can explain the kind of frustration you speak of. I think this is an issue of specific feelings and memories causing some kind of deepset irrationality, which I suppose could theoretically be attributed to Socionics, but this seems like too vague an issue.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aquarius

ggg
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a teenager my life was quite the identity crisis, which is why I wondered is the constant frustration of unknown origin could be related to a suppressed function. I think people may have tried to control me too much as a child... perhaps that was a large part of the issue.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't feel controlled or constrained in any way by my parents, but I've still gone trough an identity crisis as a teenager. I guess my Se has supressed by itself, without any exterior motives apparently...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    1) Having your PoLR pointed out/critisized
    2) Having your hidden agenda left unfulfilled for a long period of time
    heh. I 'll never forget the days when my ENFj mother was sending me to bed with the words "Don't be so bloodless, smile, smile and you 'll live longer". And that was usually said after I was being yelled at for hours for something I haven't done. And my hiddena agenda, where the hell could I get that from, my ENTp/INTj father? I better stop thinking of this cause memories arise ... Ok, anyhow, I think those are good enough reasons for being continually frustrated and disbalanced.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel very frustrated when I can't realise the potential of my ego . If that happens I always fall in a depression. The expression of my and also seems to be very important. I think that from a socionics standpoint frustration can be explained by suppression of particular functions.
    me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Cos this question has been asked by an ENTp, the ENTp frustration is most likely to come from :

a) frustration as in "the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals"

expectations that are not fulfilled

b) frustration as in "a feeling of annoyance at being hindered or criticized"

hidden agenda, baby, hidden agenda

Creepy-pokeball

I think the most frustrating part for me is probably Ni. Sometimes I dont want to see that that far. So desolate in feeling at times. It's the feeling of..."why bother?" It's frustrating.

Creepy-

My frustrations:

Not understanding others (weak ?), and not being able to get them to react so I can get a clearer picture (ineffective ?)

Not understanding concepts (unfulfilled ? or ineffective ?)

I'm not sure if the functions are right, I just had a stab at them.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psychodynamics

I looked through the posts and thought my last article on functions at war
    describes the dynamics between the functions and is directly related to what you are discussing here. Socionincs can explain lots of things especially if we look at it from different positions. However, hypothetical ideas are not very wellcomed bysome of the authorities and my article will probably never get chance to appear on the socionics site because....it is not a proved/approved knowledge, not "backed up by data" plus it sounds rather like a topic for debate than a sensible article! It makes me think how much freedom of thought/speach we are allowed?
    I did polish my article a bit and submitted again....

Sorry for getting away from the topic of discussion. According to socionics, the person is the most sensitive to the mistakes of the weakest function. Filatova describes a situation where ENTP is sharing his new ideas and people sort of ignore or do not react intusiastically. ENTP needs the reaction (the 6 function is ) on the 6 function and according to Filatova the absence of the info on this function is able to demobilize ENTP and switch on his weakest function . ENTP starts to think that he did or said something which upset people.

As for me, I thought that extraverts and intraverts react slightly different: extraverts shout and make scandals and introverts get depressed more easily...or it may be related to temperament as well...or even to rationality/ irrationality dimension. Could it be that irrational types more
    prone to frustration than rational types? Irrationaliy suggests knowing because of knowing and rationality envolves more thinking which is a deep mental process......
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2/3 functions

I just have wrote the post to my article by ananlysing the interaction between 2 and 3 functions. It must be a reason for frustration or feeling low at times. Please, check it out.
    For ENTP it could be a theoretical basis for what I said here. When he uses his second function (rationalise and express his ideas) he feels later as if people did not show to him enough reassurance/support and this is why he start to fel inadequate.
    Is that this war between 2 and third/PolR functions meant Ganin?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/