View Poll Results: Is Kam gamma. And is he wanted?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is gamma. Wanted

    3 16.67%
  • He is gamma. Out with him.

    0 0%
  • He is alpha. Wanted.

    11 61.11%
  • He is alpha. Out with him.

    4 22.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 130

Thread: An Apology

  1. #1
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An Apology.

    It appears that in the abortion thread, I severely hurt the feelings of anamericancer. That was not my intention in the slightest. I was caught up in the dramatics of the moment,and I intend on suffering the consequences of my actions. I plan on leaving the forum for a long time while I reassess my condition.

    On a less serious note, hkkmr says that I am ISFj. I happen to disagree, but the apparent strength of my Fi is troubling. If the Alpha community think I am an obvious Gamma, then I'm gone. Gamma is boring. I will make a poll to see if I am still wanted here. It'll be private.

    Overall, I royally screwed myself over.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  2. #2
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    d00d... calm down and go to sleep.

    it'll all be better in the morning

  3. #3
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chill out.
    I'm okay.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  4. #4
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know man, I saw anamericancancer kinda weepy eyed. I think she's just saying she's ok to not hurt your feelings.

  5. #5
    PotatoSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is _that_ why her latest posts have been so sad? Kam...
    LSI

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    OMG he seriously left

    good job AmCan... you made Kam kill himself

  7. #7
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    seriously man, people have disagreements... it happens. don't go all psycho recluse on us because you had some words with Americancer. I mean, she's just a girl man. They'll drive ya nuts sometimes, that's just what they do.

  8. #8
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    seriously man, people have disagreements... it happens. don't go all psycho recluse on us because you had some words with Americancer. I mean, she's just a girl man. They'll drive ya nuts sometimes, that's just what they do.
    God, it's always my fault when people leave...
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  9. #9
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    God, it's always my fault when people leave...
    you noticed that too?

  10. #10
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Um, I'm just in Chicago now.

    Hi, I'm still alive.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  11. #11
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    why are you in Chicago? This is all very strange... are you on drugs?

  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I went to an Fi convention. It told me that there needs to be a mix between Ti and Fi. One cannot work well without the other. With only Fi, you act without reason, and your actions continiously come from the heart, and the brain is left unused. With only Ti,and it becomes a sequence of simply logical values which disregards the deeper meaning of life. Then free will doesn't exist.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I went to an Fi convention. It told me that there needs to be a mix between Ti and Fi. One cannot work well without the other. With only Fi, you act without reason, and your actions continiously come from the heart, and the brain is left unused. With only Ti,and it becomes a sequence of simply logical values which disregards the deeper meaning of life. Then free will doesn't exist.
    ...right

  14. #14
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Goat, I'm not lying.

    I'm in Chicago, went to a conference.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  15. #15
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Goat, I'm not lying.

    I'm in Chicago, went to a conference.
    can you prove it?

  16. #16
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    there you go man.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  17. #17
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's ok Kam, less razors, more applesauce. We still <3 you! I still think you're SEi
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  18. #18
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the people have spoken - you've got to stay Kam
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  19. #19
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm thirsty.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  20. #20
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That can be faked. But it's unlikely you'd bother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    It appears that in the abortion thread, I severely hurt the feelings of anamericancer. That was not my intention in the slightest. I was caught up in the dramatics of the moment,and I intend on suffering the consequences of my actions. I plan on leaving the forum for a long time while I reassess my condition.

    On a less serious note, hkkmr says that I am ISFj. I happen to disagree, but the apparent strength of my Fi is troubling. If the Alpha community think I am an obvious Gamma, then I'm gone. Gamma is boring. I will make a poll to see if I am still wanted here. It'll be private.

    Overall, I royally screwed myself over.
    ISFps have powerful . You have to, to take care of your offensive dual. It was an topic, and you were pushed into it (well sort of, it was there, which is more than an IxFj needs)... no problem.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  21. #21
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    That can be faked. But it's unlikely you'd bother.



    ISFps have powerful . You have to, to take care of your offensive dual. It was an topic, and you were pushed into it (well sort of, it was there, which is more than an IxFj needs)... no problem.
    @#$%!
    Okay, I've officially declared you not ILE.
    You don't understand at all.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  22. #22
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    ISFps have powerful . You have to, to take care of your offensive dual. It was an topic, and you were pushed into it (well sort of, it was there, which is more than an IxFj needs)... no problem.
    I sort of feel responsible - I shouldn't have put that poll up in the first place.
    I hadn't thought about us having strong Fi - but I guess we do - it's just that it's an unconscious function. hmmmm
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  23. #23
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I sort of feel responsible - I shouldn't have put that poll up in the first place.
    I hadn't thought about us having strong Fi - but I guess we do - it's just that it's an unconscious function. hmmmm

    But how do you normally react to your Fi?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  24. #24
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    But how do you normally react to your Fi?
    What do you mean? How do I express it?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  25. #25
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    @#$&#37;!
    Okay, I've officially declared you not ILE.
    You don't understand at all.
    Umf?

    This could also be my own brand of PoLR offensive behavior. Have you thought of that?

    This could also be a theoretical disagreement. We have very different backgrounds - two of the same dominant function will not necessarily agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I sort of feel responsible - I shouldn't have put that poll up in the first place.
    I hadn't thought about us having strong Fi - but I guess we do - it's just that it's an unconscious function. hmmmm
    Machintruc started it. And for him, it was an extension from Herzy's (I think) offensive descriptions, which in turn came from an background... Yipe, that looks like . Discuss?

    Anyhow, I think my point is... I think I no longer have a point. Oh well.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  26. #26
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Machintruc started it. And for him, it was an extension from Herzy's (I think) offensive descriptions, which in turn came from an background... Yipe, that looks like . Discuss?
    uh .... yeah sure. You first.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  27. #27
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    What do you mean? How do I express it?
    Yes. How do you express it.
    Is it concern? Or do you use it as a means of attacking someone?

    Because this is not the way you help an ILE.
    Last edited by Lotus; 04-06-2008 at 03:53 AM.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  28. #28
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    uh .... yeah sure. You first.
    Well... my original idea was that if you use a function other than your dominant function, you must have a reason. So I set out to prove that everyone who made a thread about abortion had a reason.

    But I ended up with the conclusion that even dominant-function uses have a reason, so my point was kinda moot.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  29. #29
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nobody is in my video thread
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  30. #30
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Nobody is in my video thread
    I don't use sound. So videos aren't much good to me, although I do try to get something from the visual sometimes.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  31. #31
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Yes. How do you express it.
    Is it concern? Or do you use it as a means of attacking someone?

    Because this is not the way you help an ILE:
    I don't really know. I guess being an unconscious function means I am probably not really aware of the strength of my feelings until they are challenged. There have been times when a person has said something that really hit a nerve and I explode before I even know what I'm doing. I guess I'm expressing Fi with Fe when that happens.

    I can't speak for Kam, but I don't think he was meaning to attack you and I don't think he was entirely unprovoked.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  32. #32
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I'm thirsty.

  33. #33
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I don't really know. I guess being an unconscious function means I am probably not really aware of the strength of my feelings until they are challenged. There have been times when people have said something that really hit a nerve and I explode before I even know what I'm doing. I guess I'm expressing Fi with Fe when that happens.

    I can't speak for Kam, but I don't think he was meaning to attack you and I don't think he was entirely unprovoked.
    It's not a big deal to me.
    If it is to him, he can sleep it off.

    Honestly though, I'm over it.
    My opinion hasn't changed on abortion, but it has on almost everyone else.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  34. #34
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Last edited by Lotus; 04-06-2008 at 04:05 AM. Reason: I'm done talking
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  35. #35
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Yes. How do you express it.
    Is it concern? Or do you use it as a means of attacking someone?

    Because this is not the way you help an ILE:
    I think the demonstrative function is used mainly in response to others using the same element, and ideally tries to shift the focus to another element as soon as possible (ideally ), while properly dealing with the situation so that it won't come up again. I can well imagine that his instinct was to make his way to via , hence the crack about "losing." Except that he hasn't mastered the art of passing over the Internet.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  36. #36
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think the demonstrative function is used mainly in response to others using the same element, and ideally tries to shift the focus to another element as soon as possible (ideally ), while properly dealing with the situation so that it won't come up again. I can well imagine that his instinct was to make his way to via , hence the crack about "losing." Except that he hasn't mastered the art of passing over the Internet.
    I can't see how Si comes into it. How would you express Si in a verbal way?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  37. #37
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Si had nothing to do with it. It was pure Fi. And you can't express Si over the internet well anyway, you can just say you care and that is all, you can't help someone with the laundry over the webz.

    And ms. cancer, Fi isn't something you sleep off. It's part of my life, and it will stay that way.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  38. #38
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post

    And ms. cancer, Fi isn't something you sleep off. It's part of my life, and it will stay that way.
    Read again.
    I meant the conflict, not the Fi.
    Fi is the reason you won't change, after all.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  39. #39
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yes, the conflict. Is that still on?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  40. #40
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm alright.
    But I don't see a point to even talking to you anymore.
    If you're never to to accept/respect that other people are different from you,
    if you're never going to realize that you have been stating opinions, not facts,
    if you're never going to realize that you're viewing things completely one sided and it comes off as ignorance...
    then there really is no point.

    People are raised differently.
    I realize you respect/love your parents. They had raised your with their morals and you have learned to understand them and use them.
    However, not everyone was raised the same way as you.
    Some people grew up with different morals.
    You cannot call someone a bad person for following the morals they know.

    I cannot call you a bad person no matter how I disagree with you because you're only following what you know.

    But see, that's the problem. If everyone blindly follows what they've been raised to believe then we as a society do not move on or grow.
    We have to question what are parents give us.
    You have to take what you learn from them and also what you learn from society.
    Compare it. What does or does not make sense?
    Why is this or that bad? What are the causes/effects of these things?
    Why is abortion bad? How does it affect me? My family? My community? etc.
    Who does it help? Who does it hurt?

    Unlike you, I do this all the time because no one told me what I had to believe.
    (And don't deny you haven't been told what to believe, Kam. You've told me that.)
    That's why I feel like I have a clear head and that I DO HAVE MORALS.
    HOWEVER, my morals are mine, and not society's.

    And that's why I feel like I'm a good person.
    Because I understand right and wrong.
    I discovered everything I believe on my own.
    Honestly, everything I have an opinion on I've debated in my head. That's why I don't have an opinion on a lot of things yet. I don't want to ignorantly decide on something just because my parents believe it because I have to understand it myself first.

    I really am thankful my parents let me make my own decisions.
    Because how else am I supposed to figure out who I am if I am just bits and pieces of things someone else has told me?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •