Thread: heavy post about living in poverty

Threaded View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default heavy post about living in poverty

im just having one of those moments where everything i see seems so heavy. Its Like 10 tonnes of weight on me. Ive been so deliberately detached and sober lately i think its finally caught up with me.

Im talking to this girl over the internet from the poorer side of town here. Shes a 22 year old mother and the dad ran off on her. She has a picture of her little boy and her house is so poor looking, sparse with cheap furniture, a little yellow chair to sit on. Shes not really the best looking girl but she seems to be trying. She doesn't get on with her mum and her dad has been murdered. She says she wants to finish her high school then go to university. Her grammar and spelling is not that good either. Such troubles and this boy looks so innocent with his small blue eyes.He is probablly going to grow up doing it hard. Im just feeling pain because i can see the forces affecting her life and maybe she cant.

The human condition can really suck for some people. Its just too much really. All i can think of is to try to be kinder to people i think. . Perhaps because i have grown up with everything i know how money isn't really that important. People who grow up doing it tough can sometimes get stuck within the system and dream of money as it seems like the path to happiness. Its not really.
    Last edited by meatburger; 04-04-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin