Thread: Which function is this related to?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which function is this related to?

Constantly (and consciously/naturally) guarding yourself and your possessions, as well as the people you care about. Protecting what's yours and what belongs to you. Encouraging people to do the same.
    Last edited by Park; 04-04-2008 at 05:27 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see it related to se.

people with strong se and se in a vulnerable spot can freak out about territory and hoard things for themselves as well as loved ones, ime with ISTj, ISFj. ESFp. I dont have direct experience with an ESTp doing that.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this explain why my SLE roomie gets into my food but my SLI roomie doesn't?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i see it related to se.

people with strong se and se in a vulnerable spot can freak out about territory and hoard things for themselves as well as loved ones, ime with ISTj, ISFj. ESFp. I dont have direct experience with an ESTp doing that.
    Where can an element be to not be strong or vulnerable?

This is likely enough for Se ego, I don't know about the others. Maybe the id does it passively, the super-id does it ineffectually, and the super-ego avoids it?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative Se I think does it most.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Where can an element be to not be strong or vulnerable?

This is likely enough for Se ego, I don't know about the others. Maybe the id does it passively, the super-id does it ineffectually, and the super-ego avoids it?
    ah, well, yeah. I meant mostly ego, but in the same way that weak functions can mimic strong ones because they are paranoid. I think it is related to weak or strong Se, though, and not any other function like si, etc.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    ah, well, yeah. I meant mostly ego, but in the same way that weak functions can mimic strong ones because they are paranoid. I think it is related to weak or strong Se, though, and not any other function like si, etc.
    OK - so it's Se in any function, because anyone can use any function, but only Se-strong types will do it well.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds related to the resource protection dichotomy.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Constantly (and consciously/naturally) guarding yourself and your possessions, as well as the people you care about. Protecting what's yours and what belongs to you. Encouraging people to do the same.
    not buddhist
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram instinctual variant - self preservation dominant.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    wtf is it with all these banal threads trying to associate traits with functions? what you have described would be called LOYALTY. But I guarantee some people will say it's Se and Fi because you're focusing on your "territory" and the "bonds" between you and others. however, that is not true. Se is focusing on observable, unchanging properties of objects and Fi is focusing on the subjective, unchanging connections between objects (which does not = relationships).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    wtf is it with all these banal threads trying to associate traits with functions? what you have described would be called LOYALTY. But I guarantee some people will say it's Se and Fi because you're focusing on your "territory" and the "bonds" between you and others. however, that is not true. Se is focusing on observable, unchanging properties of objects and Fi is focusing on the subjective, unchanging connections between objects (which does not = relationships).
    Loyalty does not imply guarding.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Loyalty does not imply guarding.
    and neither implies a specific function...

functions are how you do things, not what you do.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    except a connection is a relationship. Two things are related through their connections. But relationships in the social people kind of way, you're right - Fi types can suck at that too, just like anyone else.
    Fi focuses on subjective, unchanging ties between fields. this does not imply that they have strong bonds with others. It is an abstract way of processing information. It's the way that they want a relationship, i.e., an Fi person will want to feel some sort of certainty about where they stand with others because the function is static.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    My point was that the words connection and relationship are interchangeable. They can mean the same thing. Ties also means the same thing, as does bonds.

Ti is also about connections/relationships/ties/bonds whatever word you want to use but Ti is objective rather than fuzzy/subjective/beneath the surface/vague whatever word you want to use there again.
    very true. It's just that people shouldn't mistake the word "fields" for the words "bonds," "ties," etc., that are used in the interpersonal context.
    4w3-5w6-8w7